GB HOMEPAGE

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor

Posted By: Draclvr

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - 03/01/17 02:48 AM

You might remember some time ago Trail mentioned this game. I can't remember if there was a sale or what, but I got it too. It has been sitting in my "games" folder unplayed for a very long time. I decided a good old hack and slash was just what I needed after a very rough start to 2017 (an unexpected death in the family and hospitalization for my 93 year old mother, both of which meant back to back 1,200 mile round trips up to NW Iowa).

So, I've been having quite a good time running around and killing orcs! I've even gained enough XPs and completed a few tasks, so I'm not totally helpless any more. This game was just the ticket!
Posted By: MaG

Re: Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - 03/01/17 02:38 PM

Sorry to hear about the events at start of 2017.
Good that you find that mowing down orcs releases the tension. Take care.

Re: Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - 03/01/17 03:29 PM

Thanks, MaG! Sometimes orcs can be useful!
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - 03/02/17 02:19 AM

I'm glad it's working out for you Drac. Some of the other members found the game a bit too challenging. It's get's pretty crazy in the later levels and somewhat hard to follow. It is a pretty game and certainly gives you the feel of attempting attacks on Orc camps in the Lord of the Rings universe. It's actually scary at times because the sneak system isn't anywhere as forgiving as other games and a misstep can bring the whole camp down on you. eek

Re: Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - 03/02/17 03:20 AM

Oh, I've definitely brought the entire Orc camp down on me for sure! I've just completed the Gollum quest and headed back in for an hour or so.
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - 03/02/17 07:39 PM

I totally recommend the virtual mayhem-by-proxy mode of stress release. I've also been having a dreadful couple of years, and I must say that Wolfenstein: The New Order is giving me plenty of opportunity to slay bad guys en masse with big guns and lots of explosions.

Re: Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - 03/02/17 08:03 PM

Feels kind of good to your wounded soul, doesn't it?! Explosions are particularly gratifying! My next upgrade purchase is going to be the ability to blow up containers near Orcs...
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - 03/10/17 12:56 AM

rotfl Draclvr

Re: Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - 03/10/17 01:20 AM

Explosions = good.
Posted By: hugh

Re: Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - 03/26/17 01:57 AM

Keep doing main missions occasionally to get new powers. I kept doing side missions once when I was still very early in the game and it got a bit challenging for me but doing main missions to get new powers helped a lot.

Re: Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - 03/26/17 04:38 AM

I'm over 50% completed now. I try to get the Outcast missions to earn maximum Mirian. Working on gaining control of 5 war chiefs now!
Posted By: hugh

Re: Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - 03/27/17 09:49 PM

Wow, you're fast : )

Re: Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - 03/27/17 11:46 PM

Not really, hugh! I've been playing for over a month now!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community