GB HOMEPAGE

Prey 2 Downloading!

Posted By: Draclvr

Prey 2 Downloading! - 05/06/17 10:37 PM

As we speak! Actually been downloading since yesterday afternoon... it's 18 GB and with my horrid internet, it will take at least 30 hours. But I'm excited anyway as I just his 12 GB!! Woo hoo!
Posted By: MaG

Re: Prey 2 Downloading! - 05/07/17 12:07 AM

Have FUN!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Prey 2 Downloading! - 05/07/17 01:20 AM

Whenever you post something like this it reminds me of the days when you used to make fun of my dial up connection. wink

Re: Prey 2 Downloading! - 05/07/17 03:26 AM

Ha, ha! Do you miss your old dial-up, oldbroad?

Re: Prey 2 Downloading! - 05/07/17 04:39 AM

That would be a big NO!

Re: Prey 2 Downloading! - 05/07/17 03:10 PM

I didn't think so! grin I had dial-up speeds for about 2 days last weekend when my wireless broadband tower was hit by lightening. It was very painful!

Download finished overnight, but I will have to wait until tonight to play. Have a big day down at Longmeadow with tours and wagon rides all day. At least it's not raining!!
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Prey 2 Downloading! - 05/07/17 05:19 PM

Enjoy! We will be waiting to hear what you think of the game wavegirl

Re: Prey 2 Downloading! - 05/07/17 05:52 PM

Glad it finished. Have fun!
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Prey 2 Downloading! - 05/07/17 07:53 PM

Have fun with it Drac!

I meant to post up a prelim review because I played through the demo, but have been too busy getting ready for our move. Below are some initial impressions of the game. Sorry if it seems disconnected, I've got tons of stuff going on in my head right now. I'm lucky if I put on matching shoes in the morning lately! lol

I intentionally played the demo with my game room lights off, which made some parts terrifying. The creepy (although sometimes irritating) music they play messes with the immersion a bit, the transitions between one vibe and another can be abrupt.

The environment, style and general graphics of the game are great. Some real original stuff going on with neat Art-Deco influences.

The demo doesn't take you too far into weapons and combat, but I'm hoping that both improve as the game progresses, because that's where I found Prey to be, well a little annoying. It may be a skill development/increase thing that gets better as you play, I hope, but I was having a decent amount of issues hitting enemies. The aim felt loose, like my mouse sensitivity was way off, but I couldn't adjust it to a point where I was satisfied. In some cases, when fighting two or more enemies I felt like I was just flailing and hoped for the best.

My guess is that things get better as you improve yourself and the weapons later in the game.

The creatures are pretty cool, the fist ones you come up against pretty much get the point across that nothing is going to be easy when it comes to battling the more advanced ones that will eventually appear. if the aiming combat thing is a bug, I'm guessing they'll get that fixed pretty quickly, because it's going to cause a lot of complaints. Aside from the weird music transitions, that's the only criticism I had for the game. If I had more time to play, I'd probably buy it, because it looks like it's going to be a great romp.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Prey 2 Downloading! - 05/07/17 08:37 PM

Flail and hoping....that pretty much describes the way I fight all the time lol
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Prey 2 Downloading! - 05/08/17 04:32 AM

Do tell us how it is, Drac.

Re: Prey 2 Downloading! - 05/08/17 06:21 AM

I definitely will. I had a day-long event down at the horse rescue ranch today, but was able to at least launch the game. No time to actually play or gt first impressions with one exception. During the part of the intro where the helicopter was taking me to the testing facility, the music was awful! Had to laugh when I read Trail's comments!

Monday's not going to be much better since I will be heading back out to the weeds and mulching and on Thursday will be heading up to NW Iowa for Mother's Day. But I promise when I have time to get into the game I will report back.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community