GB HOMEPAGE

Cultist Simulator

Posted By: Debra

Cultist Simulator - 06/02/18 06:33 PM

Is anyone playing this game? If so, what's your take on it? The video seems confusing and there only appears to be the cards to interact with.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Cultist Simulator - 06/02/18 06:52 PM

Hi Debra, I saw this game on GOG yesterday and it looks interesting.

For anyone wishing to take a look at it, you can find it here.

The game isn't easily categorized, but I have moved your post over to the Darkside as it does not appear to be an adventure game.

Let's wait and see if anyone here is playing it.

There is some stuff online describing the game; here is one of the things that I found.
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Cultist Simulator - 06/02/18 08:08 PM

It's basically an RTS or card-centric strategy game in a magicy role play wrapper, thus the mis-classification by GOG as an RPG.

There's resource management, management of subordinates, uncovering of new magical knowledge and so on.

You are correct, the only interaction are with cards, which in some cases would more correctly be termed Avatars.

Here's an example of the gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V7yoOy9qFs

TM thumbsup

Re: Cultist Simulator - 06/02/18 08:17 PM

Thanks everyone for the info and videos. Yes, it looks interesting, but I'm not sure I'm sold on this.
Posted By: Ewil02

Re: Cultist Simulator - 06/02/18 10:17 PM

The style of this game isn't for me. But it has a very good pedigree. It's by the same people who did Fallen London and Sunless Sea. Some of the Bioware writers were also involved with it.

Re: Cultist Simulator - 06/03/18 03:57 AM

It just seems too structureless (that may not be a word) and open-ended for me. I did look at the Sunless Sea as well, but again it just isn't my style.

Re: Cultist Simulator - 06/05/18 02:50 AM

GOG's summer sale began today and goes on for approximately 2 weeks. With a purchase of $5 or more, they are giving customers the Sunless Sea for free.

Re: Cultist Simulator - 06/05/18 05:06 PM

I got a couple of games I wanted on GOG and got Sunless Sea free, too. So, I will be trying it out to see if this is something I would like. I got Dragon's Dogma:Dark Arisen. I can't wait to try it out.

Re: Cultist Simulator - 06/05/18 09:07 PM

That sounds good, Debra. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the sale. wave
Posted By: Ewil02

Re: Cultist Simulator - 06/06/18 01:09 AM

Sunless is a fairly difficult game. You may want to check some of the playthrough videos on Youtube to get some ideas on how to keep your crew alive.

Re: Cultist Simulator - 06/06/18 01:26 AM

Thanks Ewil02, I believe I'll take your advice. This game is all new territory for me. wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community