GB HOMEPAGE

Argh. This game keeps making me hungry!

Posted By: hagatha

Argh. This game keeps making me hungry! - 08/13/18 12:15 AM

I'm back in Witcher 3, in Toussaint, and darned if I'm not hungry all the time now, what with all the lovely wines, and chocolate souffles and Boeuf Bourgingon, and bread and pate, and onion soup...and all I have in my kitchen is salad. frown

Think I'll retire there, though.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Argh. This game keeps making me hungry! - 08/13/18 12:33 AM

Well, now I'm hungry reading about it. laugh
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Argh. This game keeps making me hungry! - 08/13/18 02:29 AM

Yeah, the Witcher 3 variety of food and the buffs/restoration it provides is better than most RPG's. Remember Oblivion, eat a 2 pound wheel of cheese and gain 10 health back. lol
Posted By: Mad

Re: Argh. This game keeps making me hungry! - 08/13/18 03:19 AM

"...and all I have in my kitchen is salad. frown"

hagatha !! lol
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Argh. This game keeps making me hungry! - 08/13/18 03:58 AM

This makes me laugh! I MUST get back into Witcher 3 once the gardens are done producing this fall. Time... I need time!

Re: Argh. This game keeps making me hungry! - 08/13/18 05:01 AM

Yes, we are in the midst of garden plenty, with many tomatoes and lettuce sprouts and potatoes and cucumbers.

We also have a HUGE green squashy sort of thing that volunteered itself from our compost and none of us have any idea what it is. Even our garden expert neighbour is stumped by it. It grew through the open window of our greenhouse, along the path, and into our neighbour's greenhouse (which is only a few feet away). There's only the one fruit on it, but it's massive. We're afraid to fall asleep anywhere near it.... scared

The food perk in Witcher that allows food to keep on healing for 20 minutes is a good one.

Re: Argh. This game keeps making me hungry! - 08/13/18 05:15 AM

If it came from your compost, it's probably a reversion back to a first generation of a fruit or vegetable that was a hybrid. Some strange things pop up from the hybrids!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Argh. This game keeps making me hungry! - 08/13/18 06:33 AM

"We're afraid to fall asleep anywhere near it.... scared"

You SO keep making me laugh, hagatha !! lol lol lol

Re: Argh. This game keeps making me hungry! - 08/13/18 05:35 PM

Draclvr, if it is a reversion, it must be a butternut squash gone wild, in which case, coconut curry soup coming up. Don't want to let that thing get any bigger. I'm starting to worry about the neighourhood cats.

As I play on, food and all, I am reminded just how excellent this expansion really is. It's almost big enough to be its own game. Honestly, if there was a game world I could retire to, this would be it. Well, except for those pesky monsters.

One can just imagine Geralt spending his last days hanging out in his vineyard, boring the neighbours with endless tales of youthful witcherly derring-do.

Re: Argh. This game keeps making me hungry! - 08/13/18 08:16 PM

I have a couple of tomato plants that I am starting to get a little leery of... they are pushing at least 8 feet tall and I'm starting to worry their goal is the house. Pesky monstors, indeed!
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Argh. This game keeps making me hungry! - 08/13/18 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: hagatha
We also have a HUGE green squashy sort of thing that volunteered itself from our compost and none of us have any idea what it is. Even our garden expert neighbour is stumped by it. It grew through the open window of our greenhouse, along the path, and into our neighbour's greenhouse (which is only a few feet away). There's only the one fruit on it, but it's massive. We're afraid to fall asleep anywhere near it....

How big is it?
I occasionally see some really weird, large squashlike things at the farmer's market. I don't know if anyone ever buys them, or only uses them for decoration if they do buy them.

Once I bought a really large Armenian cucumber. I had to cut it into 4 pieces in order to fit it in the refrigerator. It was not good. It was full of woody seeds and the flesh was crunchy, but very dry and tasteless.

I also bought a big Daikon radish. It made good pickles, though it took 4 batches of pickles to use it up.

Re: Argh. This game keeps making me hungry! - 08/14/18 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100

How big is it?

About a foot in diameter so far, and green.
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Argh. This game keeps making me hungry! - 08/14/18 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: hagatha
Originally Posted By: Jenny100

How big is it?

About a foot in diameter so far, and green.

Have you lost any time recently or had an odd urge to look upward at night? grin

I agree, Witcher 3 is amazing. It will be interesting to see where CD Projekt Red takes the franchise, now that's it opened up so much. I did just recently start a game after we were talking about the potential for the Cyberpunk 2077 crossover, but then POE Deadfire had yet another update of new content so I started into that game again. Plus I Just received my backer D&D style figurines and it got me in the mood to start up the game again. thumbsup

Re: Argh. This game keeps making me hungry! - 08/14/18 05:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Have you lost any time recently or had an odd urge to look upward at night? grin

No, but my partner seems a little...different. grin
© 2024 GameBoomers Community