Posted By: CaptainD

The Rat Pack - open beta launched! - 02/09/19 01:04 PM

The open beta has just launched!

https://captaind.itch.io/the-rat-pack-full-version

See here fore details on in-game controls and how to give feedback:

https://itch.io/t/389194/open-beta-details

Posted By: Winfrey

Re: The Rat Pack - open beta launched! - 02/09/19 05:48 PM

Question, as this is listed in The Darkside... is there a lot of action?
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: The Rat Pack - open beta launched! - 02/09/19 06:22 PM

Thanks Cap! Topic stickied thumbsup

TM grin

Winfrey, it's a turn-based strategy game, so more situational than action oriented.

Here are some additional details: https://captaind.itch.io/the-rat-pack-full-version

Re: The Rat Pack - open beta launched! - 02/09/19 09:39 PM

Thanks TM! smile

@Winfrey - as TM said it's 100% turn-based strategy, absolutely no action sequences wink
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: The Rat Pack - open beta launched! - 02/09/19 11:44 PM

Good to know, thanks Trail_Mystic and CaptainD

Re: The Rat Pack - open beta launched! - 02/11/19 11:41 AM

Just a little more information as it might not be completely obvious, especially as in the OBT you can access any level from the start whereas in the full game you will progress through the levels sequentially:

On the first Mission your options are very limited. More options open up as you get further into the game. The first mission is very restricted in options and all you really have to do is keep your rats alive and build up your colony - then you'll be able to Scavenge for Treasure, then build the Rat Lab which lets you increase your skills, then later on raiding opens up, then giving tribute to and seeking aid from King Rat.

Every option is available from the same screen and your stats will update after each one as they all end the turn. Options are greyed out when they are not available yet until later Missions, due to prerequisites not being met (for instance, not having enough Treasure to buy a Skill Upgrade), to because they are only available every x number of turns (for instance Raiding).

Although it's still a placeholder graphic, on the Chapter Selection screen you can click on the Tutorial bit at the top right of the screen to be taken to a screen where, if you click on any option, you will get a description of that action.

Re: The Rat Pack - open beta launched! - 02/13/19 05:18 PM

Updated version uploaded with some bug fixes and 50 achievements added (though sorry beta testers, you won't get to carry them over into the final game :p):
https://captaind.itch.io/the-rat-pack-full-version
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: The Rat Pack - open beta launched! - 02/13/19 10:36 PM

Thanks, CaptainD wavegirl

Re: The Rat Pack - open beta launched! - 02/23/19 05:46 PM

I saw the first impressions blog on Wraithkal, it's not easy being a rat, is it? lol

Let us know how is the beta going, Cap.

TM thumbsup

Re: The Rat Pack - open beta launched! - 02/26/19 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Trail_Mystic

Let us know how is the beta going, Cap.

I can't say it's been a massive success so far, a few downloads and a couple of typos spotted, but that's all - I'm unclear as to whether people are not understanding how to play / forgetting to post feedback / just not liking the game or something else. I didn't really want to put the game on GameJolt as well since I'd rather keep it all nicely organised in one place, but I guess that's something I'll have to consider. I haven't really advertised the open beta much yet I guess - was a little worried at being overwhelmed with too many responses (oh well at least THAT hasn't happened! :D)

Maybe it's just a slow burn type of thing... no real hurry yet. I still have some stuff to add to the codebase, quite a lot of artwork to come and 10 mission briefings to record so it's all good really.

Re: The Rat Pack - open beta launched! - 02/27/19 10:39 PM

Well, that sort of the "luxury" of being an indie, no hard timelines to meet. Just means your finished product will be that much more awesome grin

TM thumbsup

Re: The Rat Pack - open beta launched! - 02/13/20 03:53 PM

Just a quick note to say that release should be soon... just some final assets to put in and, assuming my last set of gameplay mechanic balancing changes were okay, it should be just testing before full release. Hoping for the end of February although not sticking my neck out and posting an actual release date just yet... laugh
© 2024 GameBoomers Community