GB HOMEPAGE

Larian Studios announces Baldur's Gate 3

Posted By: Marian

Larian Studios announces Baldur's Gate 3 - 06/06/19 05:55 PM

The developers of the Divinity games have announced Baldur's Gate 3. You can read about it here on GOG and also take a look at a trailer.

wave
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Larian Studios announces Baldur's Gate 3 - 06/06/19 07:24 PM

That trailer should have a grossness warning.
One of the comments on YouTube says it's a mind flayer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QLKvBPt8NE

Re: Larian Studios announces Baldur's Gate 3 - 06/06/19 07:40 PM

Sorry about that. I did not look at the trailer before I posted that or else I might have thought twice about it.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Larian Studios announces Baldur's Gate 3 - 06/07/19 05:45 PM

Thanks for the info, Marian, but sadly, much as I like Baldur's Gate, this one is not for me.

Rather over the top with the special effects sick
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Larian Studios announces Baldur's Gate 3 - 06/07/19 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mad
Thanks for the info, Marian, but sadly, much as I like Baldur's Gate, this one is not for me.

Indeed. The trailer makes it seem more like a horror game than a Baldur's Gate game.

I guess the question is whether this trailer is really representative of the entire game or more like an introductory video that can be skipped. Does the rest of the game have graphics more like the old Baldur's Gate games (without the upchucky gore), or is the whole game this Lovecraftian version of the world of Baldur's Gate.

Of course some people like the upchucky gore, and going by the YouTube comments I'm sure Larian and GOG will do just fine with this game, with or without my help.

Re: Larian Studios announces Baldur's Gate 3 - 06/07/19 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jenny100
Originally Posted by Mad

Indeed. The trailer makes it seem more like a horror game than a Baldur's Gate game.

I guess the question is whether this trailer is really representative of the entire game or more like an introductory video that can be skipped.

My sense of things is that this game is going to look more like Divinity: Original Sin as far as the actual gameplay and that this was just supposed to be an eye-catching trailer; the trailer is not my idea of a good time and I don't like that sort of thing either. I don't think the trailer is a reflection of the actual game at all and that it is just flashy cinematics, trying to drive home the brutality of the mind slayers. Cinematics like this often have nothing to do with what you actually see in the game, but developers sometimes do this with trailers because it is popular.

So for me the issue is the fact that it is highly unlikely that the game will run on my system and if I ever do play it, it will be many years from now! smile

Re: Larian Studios announces Baldur's Gate 3 - 06/07/19 07:38 PM

Thanks, Jenny100 and Marian grin What you say sounds very plausible !!

But I never looked for any "system requirements" so they could well warrant attention lol
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Larian Studios announces Baldur's Gate 3 - 06/08/19 09:56 PM

Eeeeeeewwwww. Gross. sick

I'm in! grin

Re: Larian Studios announces Baldur's Gate 3 - 06/09/19 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by hagatha
Eeeeeeewwwww. Gross. sick

I'm in! grin

Hahahahaha !! devil

Re: Larian Studios announces Baldur's Gate 3 - 06/10/19 04:28 AM

Seriously, I hope this game is worth playing because I finally, finally, got to the point where I could not play one more game of BG TOSC and BG SOA. Just could not.

Re: Larian Studios announces Baldur's Gate 3 - 06/10/19 08:11 PM

Awwwwwwww !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! evil

Larian to make BG 3 - 08/20/19 05:30 PM

Somehow I missed this earlier in the summer, but Larian Studios is planning to make Baldur's Gate 3. Given how decent their other games have been, this is good news. There's an article over on Steam discussing it.

Something to look forward to.

Re: Larian Studios announces Baldur's Gate 3 - 08/20/19 05:55 PM

I merged your post with our previous thread about this, hagatha. wave

Too many games, not enough time! grin

Re: Larian Studios announces Baldur's Gate 3 - 08/20/19 08:40 PM

I must be losing it! Too much real life on my mind at the moment. Bad stuff seems to happen when you get older.

Re: Larian Studios announces Baldur's Gate 3 - 08/20/19 08:52 PM

I understand completely! wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community