For the Witcher/Geralt Fans

Posted By: Trail_Mystic

For the Witcher/Geralt Fans - 10/31/19 09:54 PM

Full Trailer released today for Netflix's The Witcher with Henry Cavill

The Witcher | Main Trailer

TM thumbsup
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: For the Witcher/Geralt Fans - 11/01/19 03:14 AM

Oh, yes, PLEASE! I can definitely get into this. Thank you, Trail!
Posted By: Marian

Re: For the Witcher/Geralt Fans - 11/01/19 03:37 PM

Interesting! wave
Posted By: hagatha

Re: For the Witcher/Geralt Fans - 11/01/19 09:39 PM

Harrrumph! I still think Henry Cavill is too young a whippersnapper to play Geralt. thumbsdown

Just kidding. He looks very cute as Geralt. kissy I'll watch it.
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: For the Witcher/Geralt Fans - 11/06/19 01:26 PM

I'm actually kind of surprised how positive the feedback has been on the trailer, being the Internet and all. It seems like the only people complaining are those who aren't seeing some of the detail found in the Witcher games (amulet's different, he's not always carrying two swords). Apparently they don't get that it was a series of books before it was a game and a folk tale even before that.

That said, you can tell Cavill really worked on the voice, emulating Geralt from the games. I think he pretty much nailed it as best as anyone could.

Re: For the Witcher/Geralt Fans - 11/06/19 02:30 PM

I agree.

Re: For the Witcher/Geralt Fans - 11/06/19 04:38 PM

I'm looking forward to it. I haven't read the books, but from what I saw in the trailer, it could be good.
Posted By: teassoc

Re: For the Witcher/Geralt Fans - 11/06/19 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by hagatha
I'm looking forward to it. I haven't read the books, but from what I saw in the trailer, it could be good.

Books are great if you are into swords and sorcery. That's why I'm looking forward to the series.

Re: For the Witcher/Geralt Fans - 11/06/19 05:12 PM

Thanks, Teeassoc. I've been meaning to add them to my light reading list for a while.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: For the Witcher/Geralt Fans - 12/17/19 10:43 PM

Game Informer did an article on it, you can read here.

Ana wave

Re: For the Witcher/Geralt Fans - 12/17/19 11:49 PM

I'm really looking forward to it! I'll be watching on my 24" PC screen as my husband doesn't like stuff like this!

Re: For the Witcher/Geralt Fans - 12/18/19 10:30 PM

It's heartening to see that Henry Cavill is a big fan of the books and games. He'll have a good understanding of the character he plays as well as the expectations that the fans will have.

Re: For the Witcher/Geralt Fans - 12/19/19 03:45 AM

Exactly what I thought. I'm really looking forward to this!

Re: For the Witcher/Geralt Fans - 12/22/19 04:21 AM

I'll be starting this tomorrow. Netflix has already renewed it for Season 2, so they must think it'll be popular.
Posted By: Debra

Re: For the Witcher/Geralt Fans - 12/23/19 01:51 AM

Cavill sounds like he did the voice of Geralt for the games. I've enjoyed the series so far.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: For the Witcher/Geralt Fans - 12/23/19 04:23 PM

I haven't had a chance to watch this yet, but it is on to be binged list. wavegirl

Re: For the Witcher/Geralt Fans - 12/23/19 06:23 PM

I think the first episodes might be difficult for watchers who are not already familiar with the series. Of course, the audience for shows like GOT and LOTR are patient people, for the most part, and know that early fantasy episodes require some world-building before throwing you into the plot, so if people can get through those early episodes they'll probably quite like the series.

Personally, I liked it. Cavill is convincing as Geralt, and I think the actress who plays Yennefer is wonderful. The fight and battle scenes are convincingly done and most of the CGI effects are great. I'm certainly willing to watch the second season when it comes out.

EDIT: I also wanted to mention that the scenery is very similar to that in the games. There was one long shot of Geralt and Roach in the woods, looking up at them along a stream bed, that felt very Witcher 3-ish. The costumes are also very close to those in the games and some of the secondary characters reminded me of characters in Witcher 3, too (particularly one thug-ish fellow with large ears in, I think, Blaviken). It seems there was a lot of attention to detail.

EDIT; So I have now read the first of the books and the Witcher TV show makes absolute sense. In fact, it's very true to the book. I do think the jumping back and forward in time made it hard to follow for non-fans, though.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community