GB HOMEPAGE

Elex

Posted By: Pokey

Elex - 06/23/20 11:40 PM

I've just started Elex and have a problem. When I press the walk button (W), my character rolls instead of walking. Anyone had this happen with the game?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Elex - 06/24/20 12:12 AM

I found this thread here on Steam.

There's another thread here also discussing this issue.

Re: Elex - 06/24/20 12:23 AM

Thanks, Marian. I found a list of PC controls and it lists the arrow keys for movement, but it also has the ctrl button for walk. I found that if I tap the ctrl button to run or walk and then use the W key, it seems to work. I don't want to use the arrow keys. Double tapping will result in a roll. I'll stick with this for now.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Elex - 06/24/20 12:56 AM

Those sound like very odd controls! I hope they work for you!

Re: Elex - 06/24/20 02:48 AM

I remember that hagatha played this game. If she sees this thread, maybe she will have some additional input on this.
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Elex - 06/24/20 03:10 AM

Unfortunately I can't remember well enough. Elex is pretty difficult at first so when you do master the controls well enough to travel, make sure you and stay on the path until you reach your first destination!

I really enjoyed Elex. It didn't get a lot of accolades, but I explored every inch of it and had a blast.

Re: Elex - 06/24/20 03:53 AM

Still a lot of rolling with W and even with the arrow keys. Hope I don't roll off a cliff. Entered a building and found a jet pack as I left, but it is too dark to use it.

Hagatha, you didn't have any problem with rolling when trying to walk?

Re: Elex - 06/24/20 02:39 PM

Walking is the WASD keys and dodging is a double-tap of the relevant WASD key. You can re-assign the dodge keys, it seems, and that should take care of the problem.

Re: Elex - 06/26/20 01:33 AM

I dug out my old Cyber Snipa and it seems to be working . I met up with Duras after I left the observatory and we took a diversion to the small camp. Duras was a help getting there, but then just stood around and let me battle. I wonder if he will be a good companion. He left me as we got to Goliet. Maybe I'll check out Ray as a link to my lost armor. I'm feeling a bit lost in Goliet, trying to find people or places. It is a large settlement. I'm thinking of stealing a good sword. If no one sees me , will it be held against me? I do like the teleport system.
I went back to the original landing site to pick up some things I missed. I didn't even get to the top floor. Nice amulet there.

I did a favor for the main gate guard and now he wants a bribe to report my good deed. I refused that. I need all my shards.

Re: Elex - 07/03/20 12:21 AM

I am at the wind turbine (sunglasses) with my companion Arx. I have climbed the turbine with my jet pack, having a bit of trouble with only a couple of the platforms. I am having a very tough time going from the last wooden platform to the top of the turbine. I could sure use some tips on how to do this. My fuel seems to run out just as I am about to the top. I've looked at videos and it seems like an easy jump.

Re: Elex - 07/03/20 01:11 AM

I hope you can get some help with this, Pokey. wave

Re: Elex - 07/03/20 04:40 PM

Marian, I think it is doable. I just have to hit the right keys at the right time. I'll keep working on it.

Re: Elex - 07/03/20 05:04 PM

Good luck!

Re: Elex - 07/05/20 06:33 PM

After a lot of tries, I finally reached to top of the wind turbine and got the sunglasses. It was a matter of hitting all the keys at the right time. Glad that is done.

Re: Elex - 07/05/20 06:52 PM

Whew! Good to hear you got through it. thumbsup
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Elex - 07/05/20 09:46 PM

Well done! I SO totally know that feeling! I've got a boss fight going on in Neversong that I've just given up on for now! Good for you!

Re: Elex - 07/29/20 02:31 AM

So how are you getting on in Elex, Pokey?

Re: Elex - 07/30/20 06:57 PM

I'm getting stronger. At level 17 with a good axe, bow, flamethrower and plasma rifle. Also, I just discovered an Amulet in Ignadon that raises my dex by 10. I got in trouble late in Caga's quest for elix. The horde of enemies was much higher than I was prepared for and I couldn't see how to get out of it. I tried everything and finally got by with pulling enemies away to kill by one or two. That was a relief.

I am really enjoying the game, which reminds me of Gothic. Heading back to Ignadon to see what I can find. I am in chapter 2.

Re: Elex - 07/30/20 09:32 PM

Glad you're enjoying it. I especially liked some of the settings, especially near the ocean. There's a lot to explore in Elex. Once I got strong enough and brave enough to go wandering I found all sorts of cool places.

Re: Elex - 08/02/20 08:27 PM

I've done a lot of exploring and there still is a lot more to see. I just took down the 7300 Colossus with an axe in about 5 seconds and lost only 1/2 my health bar. I was amazed at how fast he collapsed. I took him on at level 14 with ranged weapons and he killed me over and over again. Maybe I'll go looking for more of them.

Re: Elex - 08/03/20 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Pokey
Maybe I'll go looking for more of them.

lol
© 2024 GameBoomers Community