GB HOMEPAGE

Fallout. Free

Posted By: Winfrey

Fallout. Free - 12/23/22 02:32 PM

Fallout on Epic today. 1,2 and 3
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Fallout. Free - 12/23/22 03:10 PM

Now that's a sweet deal. I've played them all and I have them all, but what a great little bundle.

For anyone who hasn't played these great games; now's your chance.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Fallout. Free - 12/23/22 03:29 PM

Thanks, Winfrey! thumbsup12
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Fallout. Free - 12/23/22 03:37 PM

I'm playing Fallout New Vegas which I got free from Amazon Prime Ganes. Might have to check this out!
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Fallout. Free - 12/23/22 04:15 PM

Hurry it’s yesterdays game as soon as they post todays it’s gone. Just noticed this
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Fallout. Free - 12/25/22 06:17 PM

While most may already know this, just thought I'd throw out some quick info for those that might not be familiar with the first series of games.

The games that were offered by Epic in this special were the original releases of Fallout 1, 2 and the follow-up RTS game Fallout Tactics by the original game house Black Isle Gaming.

While similar to the games produced by Bethesda (Fallout 3, 4 and the online game FO 76) and Obsidian (Fallout New Vegas), they were released much earlier so the graphics will be lesser and the game play more akin to a traditional RPG for FO 1 and 2.

Fallout Tactics will differ significantly in gameplay because it's an RTS rather than an RPG like the first two and much different from the later FPS/RPG hybrids from Bethesda and Obsidian.

TM thumbsup
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Fallout. Free - 12/25/22 06:19 PM

Thanks, Trail. I thought they looked like totally different games... now I know why!
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Fallout. Free - 12/25/22 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Draclvr
Thanks, Trail. I thought they looked like totally different games... now I know why!

Sure thing. Mine was a late post, but thought I'd pass along the info anyway. Fallout 1 would be a real surprise to those who are used to the Bethesda universe of hybird, open-world FPS/RPG's becuase it runs closer to D&D style ruling (even though it has its own ruleset) even limiting movement using the hex system and being heavily turn-based (it's not unusual to be killed by a rat in the first level lol )
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Fallout. Free - 12/25/22 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Trail_Mystic
Originally Posted by Draclvr

Sure thing. Mine was a late post, but thought I'd pass along the info anyway. Fallout 1 would be a real surprise to those who are used to the Bethesda universe of hybird, open-world FPS/RPG's becuase it runs closer to D&D style ruling (even though it has its own ruleset) even limiting movement using the hex system and being heavily turn-based (it's not unusual to be killed by a rat in the first level lol )

I'd played BG and possibly even BG 2 before I ventured into Fallout 1 and 2, and was expecting more of the same.

Boy, was I ever in for a shock. In BG 1, that first wolf outside of Candlekeep can take you out, but at least you can run away. In the first two Fallouts, you can't even do that; I was killed by many rats until I figured in all out.
Posted By: Orion

Re: Fallout. Free - 02/04/24 12:51 PM

Prime gaming is offering the 1997 release of Fallout 2: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game for free until 3/6. It is redeemable on GOG. Steam has it discounted until 2/12. If for some reason you have not played this one, it's free to try

Website

Fallout Series

Fallout the TV series will be airing on Prime Video April 12th

Prime Video releases the first look at the upcoming series ‘Fallout,’ set in the world of the best-selling global video game franchise
© 2024 GameBoomers Community