GB HOMEPAGE

Hello Friends

Posted By: butterflybabe

Hello Friends - 04/22/12 04:41 PM

You were all so kind when my Mom passed away about 18 ago, and a lot has happened since then. My brother, who has had some kind of unaddressed mental disturbance all his life finally became a danger to others so my sister and I placed him into one of the best care facilities in the Chicagoland area. He was finally diagnosed with severe paranoid schizophrenia. For the first time in his life, my brother is taking meds, attending therapy and learning to trust in a healthy caring environment. He's been there 2 months and tried to run away 4 times. The facility is set back in a rural area so they're able to catch him long before he makes it to any traffic. He's been subservient, quiet and robotic all his 57 yrs making it almost comical to picture him with the physical drive to run but I see it as the beginning of his recovery. The first phase of dealing with hidden feelings is getting the anger out and he's certainly doing that. If it works out, he could eventually make that his final residence as they would employ him and improve his living quarters when one becomes available. My sister and I hope that is what will happen.
Also, I'm meeting with a marital attorney this week. May 8 will be 30 yrs and we're at a definite impasse. I'm sad and relieved. I only hope it can be done with as little heartbreak as possible.
Thanks for being here and your prayers.
smile puppy
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Hello Friends - 04/22/12 04:47 PM

Prayers coming to you for all you are going through. It's hard just reading all of it and you are the one having to deal with it. Sending all the strengthening thoughts I can muster that all works out well. Sounds like your brother is in a good place and is doing well. As for the marital snafu, been there (twice), just keep your head and although the sadness probably won't ever go away, the relief more than makes up for that. Hang in there. wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Hello Friends - 04/22/12 04:54 PM

Awwww Butterfly, such a hard time you are having. Hugs to you.
Posted By: connie

Re: Hello Friends - 04/22/12 04:57 PM

Butterflybabe. I'm very sorry to hear of all you are going through. Prayers for you and your brother. Hugs for both of you. hearts
Posted By: Terri824

Re: Hello Friends - 04/22/12 05:07 PM

butterflybabe. Glad to hear that you were able to get your brother in a good facility and that he is getting the help that he needs.
As for your mention of seeing an attorney, I applaud you. No doubt it will be somewhat difficult for you. Sure wish I'd had the strength to do it many, many years ago!
I wish you the best!
Terri wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Hello Friends - 04/22/12 06:04 PM

Hugs to you butterflybabe. It sounds like everything is headed in a positive direction for you and your family. Stay strong...

Ana hearts
Posted By: Gimli

Re: Hello Friends - 04/22/12 06:13 PM

I'am sorry to hear you must go through such tiring times butterflybabe. I wish you strenght and courage and hope that the sun will shine again for you very soon!

Evelyne
Posted By: Darlene

Re: Hello Friends - 04/22/12 06:25 PM

butterflybabe, many of the patients I work with have been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. It sounds like your brother is in a facility where he will get the attention and treatment he needs. Prayers of strength for all you are going through... hearts
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: Hello Friends - 04/22/12 06:46 PM

Ah, butterflybabe, so sorry to hear of all your trials. Big hugs to you and prayers going up for added strength and wisdom. hearts
Posted By: Mad

Re: Hello Friends - 04/22/12 06:46 PM

Thinking about you, butterflybabe, and sending my very best to you and your family.
I hope the future brings you better things kissy kissy
Posted By: thracia

Re: Hello Friends - 04/22/12 08:58 PM

Butterflybabe,try to stay positive. I know it can be hard, but you will get through all of this.

thracia
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Hello Friends - 04/22/12 09:10 PM

My Prayers, butterflybabe

Sorry you are going through tuff times in life right now.

Hugs to you catrub
Posted By: GBC

Re: Hello Friends - 04/22/12 10:07 PM

Prayers out your way Butterflybabe. Hugs! hearts
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Hello Friends - 04/22/12 10:34 PM

My prayers are on the way too butterflybabe. God bless. hearts
Posted By: MaG

Re: Hello Friends - 04/22/12 10:44 PM

Hugs to you, butterflybabe and good wishes to brother.
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: Hello Friends - 04/23/12 04:06 AM

Wishing you all the best.
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Hello Friends - 04/23/12 05:34 AM

Hope everything is going to be better smile wave
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Hello Friends - 04/23/12 07:41 AM

Best of luck to you Butterfly,hope everything goes well hearts
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Hello Friends - 04/23/12 09:11 AM

Butterflybabe sending prayers, love and hope to help you through this difficult time. catrub
Posted By: flutist

Re: Hello Friends - 04/23/12 01:51 PM

So sorry to hear all of this. I wish the best for your brother. Prayers going out to you and your family.

Hugs,

Bets
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: Hello Friends - 04/23/12 05:28 PM

May God bless you butterfly - you have alot of decisions on you. One of my sons was paranoid schizophrenic and he certainly made life eventful and sometimes terrorizing for me. The father(my husband) left us. It's good he's in a fine hospital.

Also, I'm divorced and sometimes the stuff you go through befor a divorce is worse than the split. Just watch your money and posissions.

Keep strong Love YC
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Hello Friends - 04/24/12 01:18 AM

Butterflybabe,

Good luck to you with your marital decision and also with your brother. It's good you are able to get help for him.

Jackie
Posted By: butterflybabe

Re: Hello Friends - 04/25/12 04:22 PM

Many hugs back to all of you for your kind words and support.
The facility where my brother lives calls my sister when my brother acts up just to keep her informed. Yesterday I learned that he tried to escape again last Friday; plus he'd been concerned that the food was poisoned so they gave him first dibs on the next meal, to take anything he wanted. Since he didn't fool them that way, now he's complaining about his teeth and wants all his food pureed. Basically, he's acting like a 3 yr old having one heck of a tantrum. They're doing everything they can to keep him there and so far it's working. The up side to it all is that he was definitely overweight, so looks like he'll lose a few lbs. Hopefully, before the end of the year, he'll get settled and calm down so that family can visit. We are determined to stay strong and let God do what needs to be done.
I see the attorney in a few hours. My next decision is when to move out. A lot depends on how he reacts to my getting the process going. I don't trust his moods any more. No matter what I know I'll be fine.
puppy wave
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Hello Friends - 04/25/12 06:36 PM

Will be keeping your brother and your family in my thoughts and prayers. HUGS!!!

Hugs and Prayers
Nan
Posted By: Mad

Re: Hello Friends - 04/25/12 06:38 PM

Continuing to send all my best, butterflybabe yes You have such a lot to cope with right now ....

HUGS from me too !!

Mad kissy
© 2024 GameBoomers Community