GB HOMEPAGE

Prayers are needed

Posted By: cailyn

Prayers are needed - 12/14/12 09:45 PM

Prayers are needed for the Elementry School shooting in Conn.30 are dead about 20 children cryMy heart goes out to the parents and families of the victims.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/14/12 09:51 PM

I have been watching and listening to it all day. It is just unbelievable.

My heart goes out to all of them and the 22 school kids stabbed in China also.

Hug your kids and family. hearts
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/14/12 09:59 PM

Terrible,what kind of person(monster) would do such a thing sick
sad
Posted By: Mad

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/14/12 10:00 PM

Oh, dear !! shocked I haven't watched any news yet today. How awful sad

My best wishes go out to all those affected by such tragedy yes
Posted By: connie

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/14/12 10:18 PM

My Prayers go out to all the families affected by this horrible tragedy. I've been watching the news for hours now. My heart is breaking for those familes and children. cry
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/14/12 10:26 PM

I just turned the tv on. It's so horrible.
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/14/12 11:38 PM

I've been glued to the TV set(s). Got 3 different channels going on the flat screen and 2 of my 3 security monitors. Can't fathom what makes someone do such horrible things. He shot his mother who was a teacher at that school and her classroom and the one next door were the 20 child casualties. Horrible. AND there is a report his brother is dead in Utah. Don't know details of that yet. His dad is alive and well so maybe he will know something. Parents were divorced. School had a security system of camera view of anyone ringing to get in and someone had to have known this guy and let him in. I pray for that person especially.

Prayers going all over the place for all.
Posted By: family

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/15/12 12:05 AM

there was a special report during judge judy, prayers go out to all, and the president talked during the special report.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/15/12 12:54 AM

My Condolences, and Prayers for all those families....

A Very Sad Day.... :(
Posted By: flutist

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/15/12 02:29 AM

Adding my prayers and condolences to all the families in CT.

Bets
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/15/12 02:48 AM

Adding my condolences also and prayers of strength for all the families to help them through this.
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/15/12 03:23 AM

Keeping all that are affected by the shootings and the stabbings in my thoughts and prayers. What a sad, sad day!! HUGS to them all!

Hugs and prayers
Nan
Posted By: Darlene

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/15/12 03:58 AM

So very difficult to even grasp....prayers... hearts
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/15/12 04:48 AM

Prayers for the children, the staff and their families and friends. There are no words.
Posted By: Mike N

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/15/12 07:29 AM

See my post on Facebook with the 50 cal sniper gun, if the police knew before all of this happen, what he would do to save these Children, but in my dream's it did not happen, a police officer take's one shot, one kill, but it did not happen and many Children died! I was an Vietnam and African veteran, and tonight I am so broken Hearten, that I will not sleep tonight! I raised 2 daughters in two marriage ,and both of them are in the Military, both are Pilot's ,and I always worry about them, my youngish is an Major in the I.D.F in Israel for 17 year's and she fly's like I used too,like an Bat out of hell, so, I guess we worry about our kid's forever, but an daughter or son should never Die before their Father, God rest and protect those Children who lost their live's,AMEN!!!!!

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/15/12 07:36 AM

I'm an X-Military man, and with all my contact's around the world, I can not do NOTHING, and I understand I can't take revenge like in some Video/computer game, it's in GOD'S hand's, but it still hurt's!!!
Posted By: Gimli

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/15/12 11:31 AM

What a tragedy. I'am at a loss for words. I will pray for the victims and their family. Such a sad time!
Posted By: Midge

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/15/12 11:47 AM

I watched the horrible happenings at the school all day yesterday. I couldn't put the slaughter of those innocent children into words. I still can't. Prayers to all those parents who had those beautiful children ripped away. sad

Midgie hearts
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/15/12 11:53 AM

It's a very sad time here in Connecticut. I don't understand how innocent children could be taken in such a horrific way. My heart goes out to all who are dealing with this tragedy.
Posted By: GBC

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/15/12 01:03 PM

I cannot even faanthom sending my children off to school and never seeing them again. So tragic. Prayers out to all the families for their loss. sad
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/15/12 02:15 PM

I don't even know where to start. it is so hard to believe that anyone would target children. cry
Posted By: Geo

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/15/12 04:00 PM

Instead of going to pick out toys for Christmas they have to go to pick out a tiny casket.Its a tragedy.It will not compute in my brain.My faith in humanity has been shattered.

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/15/12 05:30 PM

As new details are released it gets worse and worse, but encouraging is that they finally moved all the victims from the school and might be able to release them to the grieving parents by Monday. AND they found some 'notes' or other things at the home of the murderer which may be helpful in explaining why he did this horrible thing. We always want to know 'why'.

Stories are starting to emerge about the 'heroes' here, and how they teachers cared for those innocents (not to mention some of the older kids helping out too).

So sad, makes me thankful for all the little things in my life and how blessed I am not to have gone through anything like this.

Praying for everyone.
Posted By: judith

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/15/12 09:37 PM

I am heart broken over this. I put up a pic. on my facebook wall so we can all pray for the families. God Bless.

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/15/12 10:49 PM

I thought it was bad having to walk your Children to School to keep them safe, but what the Heck happen's when you let go of their hand, and think they our safe in School, and this Horror happen's!
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/16/12 02:33 AM

I'm with the rest of you...shocked and stunned that something of this magnitude and brutality could be carried out against the children, whose lives were so ruthlessly taken. I am praying for their families that maybe someday, somehow, they will find peace.
Posted By: family

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/17/12 02:38 AM

the president is now making a speech about it.
Posted By: curly

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/17/12 11:40 AM

I never had kids, but I can just imagine how the parents and family members feel.
Posted By: Zada7

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/17/12 05:50 PM

Prayers going out to all the families affected by this unbelievable tragedy.

Re: Prayers are needed - 12/19/12 02:11 AM

Found this poem as a reply to a local report on the shootings. Hope it's OK to post, if not, mods feel free to delete.

Twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.
their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.
they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.
they were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.
they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
"where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
"this is heaven." declared a small boy. "we're spending Christmas at God's house."
when what to their wondering eyes did appear,
but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
then He opened His arms and He called them by name.
and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring
those children all flew into the arms of their King
and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.
and as if He could read all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."
then He looked down on earth, the world far below
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe
then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"
"may this country be delivered from the hands of fools"
"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"
then He and the children stood up without a sound.
"come now my children, let me show you around."
excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.
all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.
and i heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

Written by Cameo Smith, Mt. Wolf, PA
© 2024 GameBoomers Community