GB HOMEPAGE

Easter Customs

Posted By: Haroula

Easter Customs - 03/26/13 07:10 PM

Since its origins, Easter has been a time of celebration and feasting and many traditional customs.
So,what special things you do,at Easter time?
chocobunny wave

Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Easter Customs - 03/26/13 08:34 PM

Well, we used to get up early, go to Sunrise Service, go to brunch, come home, and hide eggs many times so the kids could find them. Inevitably, we failed to find them all. We also used to have a big family egg dye the night before. Now, we just lay low and enjoy the peace (when we have it.) puppy
Posted By: GBC

Re: Easter Customs - 03/26/13 09:14 PM

Large Easter Baskets on the kitchen table. Hidden egg hunt. Morning Church. Afternoon a large dinner of Ham and trimmings for the family, Extended family for desserts later on. bunny
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Easter Customs - 03/26/13 11:24 PM

I'm a fan of indoor Easter Egg hunts. Was talking to my friend last night about that and today bought 12 plastic eggs with candy inside and hid them in the dining room and living room. He had already found one and eaten the contents by the time I got in to explain the 'hunt'. AND he had taken several of the eggs and relocated them so I had to find them. Geeez. What fun. I found 11 and looked for a long time to find the 12th. It was in my chandelier. How clever. bunny
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Easter Customs - 03/27/13 11:09 AM

It would be hard to have an Easter egg hunt here. To much snow on the ground! easter

Re: Easter Customs - 03/27/13 02:06 PM

We dont have Easter egg hunt here.
How interesting bunny
Posted By: judith

Re: Easter Customs - 03/27/13 07:19 PM

Kids & grandkids are all grown up now, & only my son lives close, but I still buy him a solid chocolate bunnie & a couple of cadbury easter creme eggs even though he's 38 (I know he accepts the candy with a laugh because he knows it makes me feel good). I always do a nice baked ham with all the trimmings followed by homemade hot apple pie with ice cream.
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Easter Customs - 03/31/13 06:04 PM

When we were kids, my parents would take us to the boardwalk in Seaside Heights to go on the rides. One year, my mom had made pastel organdy dresses for us girls. Unfortunately, we had eaten too much candy from our Easter baskets that morning, so you can guess what happened. Mom had a heck of a time getting those stains out.

Nowadays, I eat my chocolate bunny in front of the computer. It's much easier on the tummy.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Easter Customs - 03/31/13 06:08 PM

Boys just finished hunting eggs and now are opening eggs to see what is in them.

Cullen is frantically shoving candy in his mouth. Silly boy!
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Easter Customs - 04/01/13 03:15 AM

easter Haroula

Well in our house its mostly food, food, and more food... lol

We are not very religious...But we celebrate with food, and family gatherings........
Posted By: Leeana

Re: Easter Customs - 04/01/13 01:49 PM

Hi Haroula ...Yesterday on Easter Me and My family go to service then we went to eat ((only Me and my daughter left)) at home I made some Lamb Stew with Lamb Shoulder - Potatoes - Carrots and we had a Great dinner ....Oh and we also Purchase a Buttercooky Tart ,ade of chocolate mouse and rasberry marmalade with rasberriers on top with white chocolate flowers it was such a wonderful easter .... (((((as much as I missed my Horseshoe table in the basement where the children ate at one side and the adults were on the other side)))) I still love my daughter and I call my other daughetr in Washington ... I also missed my family Italian Dinner from soup to nuts ...(we were 30 but now its dwindled to a handful who have their own easter smile I hope you enjoyed your day smile too

Re: Easter Customs - 04/01/13 02:56 PM

Our Easter is on May the 5th(Orthodox)this year yes
wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community