GB HOMEPAGE

george jones

Posted By: my10rugrats

george jones - 04/26/13 03:23 PM

just heard on the news about george jones passing away
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: george jones - 04/26/13 03:39 PM

I am not a big country music fan so I did not recognize the name, but I looked him up. So sorry if you enjoyed his music.

Ana
Posted By: my10rugrats

Re: george jones - 04/26/13 03:41 PM

i used to listen to country music but now i listen to the oldies stations
Posted By: manxman

Re: george jones - 04/26/13 05:00 PM

So sad. I am a big country music fan and enjoyed his songs. One of his biggest was "He Stopped Loving Her Today"
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: george jones - 04/26/13 05:48 PM

You are right manxman, that was the first thing I thought of and now it is stuck in my head. I am a rock and roll child from a very long time ago but I have had my country roots, most likely due to having horses and loving the cowgirl ethics!!!! Fare thee well George Jones, may you RIP. Your music will never die. frown
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: george jones - 04/26/13 06:20 PM

I just heard. I grew up on country music. My MIL tells me I'll loose more and more of the folks from my childhood as I continue on life's journey.
Posted By: judith

Re: george jones - 04/26/13 06:52 PM

I saw George Jones & Tammy Wynette in concert at the Montreal Forum in the early 70's. It was an amazing concert. My favorite song was "He stopped Loving her today" also manxman.
Posted By: GBC

Re: george jones - 04/27/13 01:26 AM

I'm a total Country Music fan. George Jones was one of the greatest.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: george jones - 04/27/13 02:08 AM

They were not from my time....But I loved their music anyway.....Tammy Wynette I just loved her songs.....George Jones her Hubby,,Was very Special ,,The two of them had a really crazy marriage.....

The End of an era....For Country music fans...

My Mom... Loved them all.....
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: george jones - 04/27/13 09:48 AM

I heard too. Sad news.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: george jones - 04/27/13 02:17 PM

RIP Mr. Jones hearts
Posted By: soot

Re: george jones - 04/27/13 05:05 PM

Ah yes .. the great circle of life is always with us .. I remember George .. sorry to hear about his passing
Posted By: traveler

Re: george jones - 04/27/13 05:31 PM

I'm not a country music fan but I've liked what I've heard from George Jones and I'm sorry to hear he's gone. Funny thing though, the song that always runs through my head when I see his name is The Race is On and I'm surprised his obits didn't mention it.

Gil.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: george jones - 04/28/13 03:39 AM

I have a lot of George Jones cassette tapes, but realized last night I had none on CD or MP3. I've fixed that by buying a bunch from Amazon.

When Ray Price dies (he's 87), country music will be dead. What is palmed off on the public as country today isn't.

Direk Bentley & George Jones version of Murder on Music Row

and the song writer, Larry Cordle's original version of Murder on Music Row

for those not up on country music history: "Old Hank" is Hank Wiliams (Sr), "The Hag" is Merle Haggard and "The Possum" was a nick name for George Jones.

Posted By: Dunn Tawkin

Re: george jones - 04/28/13 05:11 AM

Truly is sad to see the old county guys pass on.

Dunn
© 2024 GameBoomers Community