GB HOMEPAGE

A question about acrylic painting

Posted By: Volkana

A question about acrylic painting - 04/19/14 01:16 PM

Ok i know that this might be a strange request, but

I hope someone here knows some things about painting... i 've made a painting on canvas with acrylic paints only. I have the following protecting sprays

1) Talens-protecting spray-680 gouche watercolour
2) Ghiant-art collection spray-oilpainting clearlack

does anyone know either from experience or knowledge if one of them is suitable for finishing my painting (coating)?

I don't want to buy a new one if i don't really have to.

Thank you
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: A question about acrylic painting - 04/19/14 04:38 PM

Volkana, I found this on the internet here that may help. I also know an artist on the board and I will see if I can get her to help answer you.

Can we see a picture of your work? I am always in awe of artistic people.

Ana wave
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: A question about acrylic painting - 04/19/14 05:05 PM

When I had art class in college, we used the Krylon acrylic spray too. I keep some on hand even now for projects. Works great on almost any medium. I used it for collages. on my acrylic paintings, and on chalk and on paper projects. I have some of them now and nothing has cracked or yellowed since 1965! Oh geez! Now I feel so old. scared

Re: A question about acrylic painting - 04/19/14 05:12 PM

Thanks ana!

Ok i've never posted a picture before so i don't know if i'll do this correctly

I'm an amateur painter and i rarely paint, so the painting has many mistakes blush but it's been fun, i've done my therapy grin

Niki of Samothraki

Hope you like it

Thanks sorta blonde for the info. Looks like i need to buy a different spray

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: A question about acrylic painting - 04/19/14 05:33 PM

Thanks for sharing Volkana and I think it's beautiful! You did very well indeed! bravo

From most artist places I looked they all state that acrylics can last over 50 years with no coating so you may not need to use anything at all.

Ana wave

Re: A question about acrylic painting - 04/19/14 05:37 PM

Thank you. You are very kind blush
Posted By: traveler

Re: A question about acrylic painting - 04/19/14 09:19 PM

Volkana,

For someone who rarely paints, I think you've done a great job with the depth and modeling on the figure of Nike.
Way to go!

Gil.
Posted By: niteowl07

Re: A question about acrylic painting - 04/22/14 05:59 AM

volkana , nice job !

i'm also an acrylic painter , and i finish everything with an acrylic - whether you use a spray or a brush on doesn't matter ,just a good quality one .
golden and matisse products are good ,and liquitex is a little less expensive.
i think you'll see your piece "come to life" and gain additional depth ,as well as protection.
an acrylic varnish will breath with your paint ,and protect from dust ,uv ,and such.

keep up the good work !

Re: A question about acrylic painting - 04/22/14 01:37 PM

Thank you very much!!! smile
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: A question about acrylic painting - 04/22/14 02:58 PM

I love the motion in your painting. I think you should do more of it! Like Ana, I'm always in awe of anyone who can do something like this.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community