GB HOMEPAGE

Hello, everyone : New here

Posted By: Ghanima4

Hello, everyone : New here - 11/04/14 10:53 PM

Am new to this site, but not to adventure gaming.
Games I've completed ; or nearly ! blush

All of the "Myst" games
Both "Black Mirror" games
Both "Syberia" games
"The Longest Journey"
the first "Still Life"

There are many more, but suffice it to say I love adventure and 'adventure light' games.
This is a great site....and sorry if this is in the wrong place; but feel free to point me the the right direction if newbies should introduce themselves elsewhere. lol
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/04/14 11:04 PM

welcome to gameboomers!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/04/14 11:33 PM

welcome to GameBoomers - glad to have you here!
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/04/14 11:59 PM

Glad to have you here Ghanima4. That is a list of some pretty good games you have played there. thumbsup

You are right about this place it is the friendliest site on the entire web. Make sure you check out all the great stuff on the site. have you checked out our annual games recommendation list yet?

welcome aboard! happydance
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/05/14 12:34 AM

Welcome Ghanima4! You just listed some of MY favorite games. Wow. Hope you enjoy our site. It's a great place to get help on games or just chat about fun stuff. Nice to see a new 'face'. wave
Posted By: gymcandy1

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/05/14 12:45 AM

Welcome to GameBoomers Ghanima4! welcome

joe
Posted By: GBC

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/05/14 12:48 AM

welcome Ghanima ! This is a fantastic site. Come visit us in all the forums here. wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/05/14 12:55 AM

Welcome, Ghanima, so glad to have you! wave
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/05/14 01:01 AM

welcomeYou'll love it here!! wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/05/14 01:58 AM

Hi Ghanima4 smile

Very nice to meet you yes

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/05/14 01:59 AM

Welcome and hope you'll continue to stop at Joes Diner for a cup of cyber coffee and misc. chat on Mixed Bag.

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/05/14 03:15 AM

Thanks for all of your kind replies smile
A bit about my gaming life...I'll try to keep it short. I have a wonderful husband who tolerates my time on the computer (when I'm not at work) ; as long as it doesn't interfere with real life too much. Like the time I bought and started playing "Myst:Revelation" , there was a time that the dinner started to burn , while my eyes were transfixed to the opening scenes of "Haven". Hubby brought me back to reality by informing me loudly that his dinner was about to be ruined... Poor man ... but his supper was saved in time wink
Benoit Sokal is another great developer, imo; and can't wait for his new Syberia game.

What got me interested in adventure games was the fact that I'm not very good at fps or any action games. Needed something calmer and more exploratory.
It's been a while since I really tucked in to a good pc game like the afore mentioned ones ... mainly because I've been playing some (what I term) 'adventure-lite' --games from BigFish, mostly.
Currently revisiting 'Uru' and the two expansions that come with it ; it's kind of nice to replay them, because you can just visit the 'book worlds' and there isn't the learning curve from the first time.

Outside of pc games, I'm a "Dune" and sci-fi fan, am learning some international cooking for fun("Sambusas, anyone? smile ), and am trying to grow a big enough garden to actually sustain us.
Posted By: venus

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/05/14 03:29 AM

welcome to Gameboomers, Ghanima4!

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/05/14 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Space Quest Fan
Glad to have you here Ghanima4. That is a list of some pretty good games you have played there. thumbsup

You are right about this place it is the friendliest site on the entire web. Make sure you check out all the great stuff on the site. have you checked out our annual games recommendation list yet?

welcome aboard! happydance

No, haven't checked the 'games recommendation list' ... will do that in a moment ; thanks ! laugh
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/05/14 07:41 AM

welcomeGhanima ! smile wave
Posted By: Homer6

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/05/14 08:19 AM

Hello Ghanima, welcome to GB. Dune and sci-fi, huh? That's good to hear. The original Dune books were a fun ride. Ever read Mission Earth? Another great ride.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/05/14 10:15 AM

Ghanima4 Welcome to GameBoomers. You going to enjoy the friendly, helpful and supportive group of people that make up GB. Happy Gaming! welcome
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/05/14 01:05 PM

welcome Ghanima4!!!

wave
Posted By: connie

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/05/14 01:06 PM

Welcome to the best site on the web Ghanima4. wave
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/05/14 03:26 PM

wave Welcome to gameboomers.
Have you not played the 3rd Black Mirror game ? It was good in my opinion.
Cathy dance
Posted By: granny

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/06/14 06:19 AM

H1 newby, you will LOVE this place, and the people.

I'm 80 years old, been a member since 19th something. If it was not for the BOOMERS I would be stark out of my mind .

What's left of it, that is.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/06/14 07:00 PM

welcome

Hope you enjoy our family here...
Posted By: Midge

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/06/14 08:57 PM

Welcome to Gameboomers welcome Ghanima4. You're gonna love it here. Way back when, when I was younger and more beautiful (heh,heh), I was the exercise guru here in the diner. I would ask you if you exercise everyday and how are you? So do you exercise everyday and how are you? Sorry, I couldn't resist. Anyway come in the diner for coffee, tea, or whatever your choice of beverage is. Personally, I am a tea drinker, oh, and everyone here knows my favorite breakfast is blueberry pancakes. They are the best on the planet. So my Dear, welcome and stop in every day.

Miidgie hearts

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/09/14 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Homer6
Hello Ghanima, welcome to GB. Dune and sci-fi, huh? That's good to hear. The original Dune books were a fun ride. Ever read Mission Earth? Another great ride.

Hi ! No, haven't read that...might check it out next time I'm at the library.
There was a pc game at Big Fish that was sci-fi based; actually there's a few. What I call 'gaming "lite" '.
Posted By: Geo

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/09/14 06:37 PM

Welcome Ghanima. Did you know the sound track for Dune was done by my favorite group,ToTo?

Re: Hello, everyone : New here - 11/09/14 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Midge
Welcome to Gameboomers welcome Ghanima4. You're gonna love it here. Way back when, when I was younger and more beautiful (heh,heh), I was the exercise guru here in the diner. I would ask you if you exercise everyday and how are you? So do you exercise everyday and how are you? Sorry, I couldn't resist. Anyway come in the diner for coffee, tea, or whatever your choice of beverage is. Personally, I am a tea drinker, oh, and everyone here knows my favorite breakfast is blueberry pancakes. They are the best on the planet. So my Dear, welcome and stop in every day.

Miidgie hearts

I have a Nordic Trek (Ellipse) that gets some attention about 3-4 times a week. :(
Coffee is my poison of choice, although everyone in our house likes iced tea and fruit juices.
I've been thinking about buying a nutri bullet or something similiar --- gotta keep one's health up for life in general and ... gaming. wink
Haven't cooked up any pancakes for a while , blueberry or otherwise. Everyone seems to like waffles the most.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community