GB HOMEPAGE

Upcoming Spring vacation

Posted By: Mary

Upcoming Spring vacation - 01/25/15 12:08 AM

My husband and I are planning a spring getaway for ourselves, about 5 days or so, excluding travel time.
We'll be driving, possibly with stops along the way.
We're considering Virginia and/or North Carolina. We've never been to either state, and each has it's own places to see and things to do.

Does anyone have any suggestions for us, or any reasons we should pick one state over the other? I've been looking at various travel guides, but they make everything sound wonderful and don't make our decision any easier. smile

Mary
Posted By: Marian

Re: Upcoming Spring vacation - 01/25/15 01:23 AM

I've been in both states, although I spent more time in Virginia. I really enjoyed visiting Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home. I hope you enjoy your trip, whatever you decide to do.
Posted By: Drmojo

Re: Upcoming Spring vacation - 01/25/15 02:28 AM

Never been to either state but have a wonderful time, it sounds great flowers

Doc cat
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Upcoming Spring vacation - 01/25/15 04:21 AM

I love both places but in spring North Carolina might be a little warmer than Virginia since it is a little farther south. Have a fun and safe trip.

Re: Upcoming Spring vacation - 01/25/15 04:42 AM

Thanks for the comments, and I agree that North Carolina might be warmer than Virginia, but I think we're really going to try to see both states in this one trip. We'll see how that works out for us.

I've got planning to do and I have to start thinking about the details of the trip--like accommodations!

Mary
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Upcoming Spring vacation - 01/25/15 07:38 AM

Both are beautiful states. What are your interests?

Re: Upcoming Spring vacation - 01/25/15 07:12 PM

I don't have anything in particular that I visit areas for. I love trying out different foods and also finding local farmers' markets (when in season) and going to any wineries along our trail. I like just driving, looking at the scenery, seeing how other people live and finding small mom and pop shops. Some of the best things I've found are little stands on the side of the roads selling locally made pies, home grown fruits and vegetables, etc.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Upcoming Spring vacation - 01/25/15 10:25 PM

My hubby suggested you go tour the outer banks of Virginia and North Carolina if you like unique one of kind mom and pop shops.

Ana wave

Re: Upcoming Spring vacation - 01/25/15 11:35 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, BET. I'll put it on our list and see if we can get to them.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community