GB HOMEPAGE

star wars the force awakens

Posted By: dianne

star wars the force awakens - 12/21/15 06:42 AM

this is one good movie all in 3D they have kept all the old cast from the orginal star wars,hurry go see it.Dianne yes
Posted By: Marian

Re: star wars the force awakens - 12/21/15 06:56 AM

Thanks for the recommendation, dianne. wave12
Posted By: luv2travel

Re: star wars the force awakens - 12/21/15 08:43 AM

I enjoyed it too, but it made me feel kinda old...LOL lol12
Andrea christmas
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: star wars the force awakens - 12/21/15 10:57 AM

I can't wait to see it! My niece and her husband said it was great! bravo12
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: star wars the force awakens - 12/21/15 03:50 PM

A bunch of us are going next Sunday! I am SO excited!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: star wars the force awakens - 12/21/15 04:06 PM

My husband and kids all loved it. I haven't heard anything negative, which is really hard to do!

Ana wave12
Posted By: MaG

Re: star wars the force awakens - 12/21/15 04:09 PM

Is there a synopsis of the storyline? I only know the first star wars.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: star wars the force awakens - 12/21/15 04:59 PM

For the new one MaG?

Quote:
Thirty years after the defeat of the Galactic Empire, the galaxy faces a new threat from the evil Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) and the First Order. When a defector named Finn crash-lands on a desert planet, he meets Rey (Daisy Ridley), a tough scavenger whose droid contains a top-secret map. Together, the young duo joins forces with Han Solo (Harrison Ford) to make sure the Resistance receives the intelligence concerning the whereabouts of Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill), the last of the Jedi Knights.

And please everyone. NO SPOILERS!
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: star wars the force awakens - 12/21/15 06:26 PM

I have to go after Christmas (friend is out of town) but I'm looking forward to the 'oldies' in there. Everyone says it's funny and amazing.
Posted By: soot

Re: star wars the force awakens - 12/21/15 07:30 PM

Twas a fantastic rendition of Star Wars ... and I am looking forward to the next movie Disney has in store for us ... just wish I didn't have to wait so long wink12
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: star wars the force awakens - 12/21/15 07:44 PM

We really enjoyed it, though we saw it in 2D. Might have to go try the 3D version to experience the difference lab
Posted By: MaG

Re: star wars the force awakens - 12/21/15 08:13 PM

Thanks Ana. wave12
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: star wars the force awakens - 12/21/15 09:57 PM

Everyone I know who has seen it says that the story is really good.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: star wars the force awakens - 12/22/15 03:46 PM

I remember waiting in line and watching the first Star Wars.... going to have to see this one....
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: star wars the force awakens - 12/22/15 06:01 PM

On the first Star Wars, I remember standing in line in the freezing cold (unusual for San Diego) for 4 hours, crossing my fingers that we would not be held back because of a full theatre. Made it just luckily as the group ahead of us had FOUR people and there were only 2 spots left. Wheeeeee! Would never stand in line again like that. Fun time though with all the other Fans.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: star wars the force awakens - 12/24/15 03:59 PM

When the first film came out I was a teenager. I have a younger cousin who's first film was "Phantom Menace", poor kid, doesn't even realize how deprived he is. Anyway, back in the 70s you did have to stand in line and it was first come, first served. Now you can go online and reserve, reclining bucket seats. Used to be popcorn and soda pop, maybe hotdogs. Now its pizza and beer. Of course the cost is up to. For the premier of The Force Awakens it was $18 a ticket. I didn't go. I can see it now in 3D for $8 or 2D for $5. I've read there's only one scene filmed with an actual 3D camera that the rest were made 3D in editing so that its not worth the extra $3. Last film I saw in 3D had a couple good 3D scenes, one I actually ducked after an explosion threw debree at me, but for rest of the film wasn't noticeable.

I don't know about my cousin, initially after seeing The Awakening he was saying how much he enjoyed it, then after reading some negative reviews he's deciding its not a good Star Wars movie after all.
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: star wars the force awakens - 12/24/15 05:58 PM

In the 90's I took 2 granddaughters to a movie -mouse something or other- it was 3D and suddenly this big bat came out of the movie and came flying right for us and circled around then back home into the movie. Well. I screemed and Erin slid off her seat unto the floor and packed in front of the forward seat and Kelsey was frozen with mouth and eyes wide open and the people next to us just a'laufen and laufen (spelling). We weren't expecting that one. I must ask them about that one.
Posted By: LeBelleRachael

Re: star wars the force awakens - 12/30/15 05:41 AM

Good Movie....just like old star war times! puppy
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: star wars the force awakens - 12/30/15 07:03 AM

Saw it Sunday and absolutely loved it! Bah, humbug on reviews... they don't form my opinions! Probably plenty of plot complaints, but it was a big old heaping helping of old school Star Wars and that was just fine with me!
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: star wars the force awakens - 12/30/15 07:44 PM

I reserved a ticket for Tuesday. Then the weather guesses predicted a blizzard so Sunday I got a refund. No blizzard. Probably reschedule next week.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: star wars the force awakens - 12/30/15 07:54 PM

I hope you get to see it soon, Guybrush wave12
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: star wars the force awakens - 12/30/15 10:48 PM

I'm hoping to see it next week.
Posted By: Barry

Re: star wars the force awakens - 01/01/16 01:46 AM

I'm definitely going to see it but not in 3D as I refuse to pay 12.00 when I can see it for 5.70 any day before 1:00

Edit: The reviews were fantastic Draclvr 8.2 out of 10 or 94% of the critics liked it. The Rotten Tomatoes site had only one bad review http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_episode_vii_the_force_awakens/.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community