Posted By: TLC

Rest in Peace George Michael - 12/26/16 01:29 AM

He was only 53 and passed at his home. sad http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38432862
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Rest in Peace George Michael - 12/26/16 01:32 AM

Sad news. RIP
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Rest in Peace George Michael - 12/26/16 01:33 AM

I posted that a bit ago in Lex's thread on Rick Parfitt. Everyday another one, it seems. RIP.
Posted By: TLC

Re: Rest in Peace George Michael - 12/26/16 02:30 AM

It makes me really sad because my twin LOVED him. sad
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Rest in Peace George Michael - 12/26/16 04:18 AM

Such a bad year! David Bowie and Glenn Frey before January was over, followed by Keith Emerson, Prince, and Leonard Cohen. And now Rick Parfitt and George Michael. I wasn't a big fan of any of them, but they all shaped pop music in their own special way.
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Rest in Peace George Michael - 12/26/16 08:47 AM

sad
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Rest in Peace George Michael - 12/29/16 07:18 PM

In the words of another immortal talent who died young, "Another one bites the dust." A tragic young death. I didn't like all of his music, but you had to admire his presence.

We've lost so many musical luminaries this year.
Posted By: Tracy

Re: Rest in Peace George Michael - 12/29/16 08:48 PM

:( I'm so sad about my George. I've been nuts about him and his music since I was 11 years old (I'm 46 now) and I feel like a heart-broken teenager. Or like my late Mom's generation must've felt when Elvis died. George Michael was the most beautiful looking man I've ever seen, and I SO loved his music! My ex-husband and I went to see him in concert in Vegas in 2008, and it was amazing. There were people of all ages, cultures, "races" ( I say that with quotes because I feel we are all of the human race), etc. and we all were rocking out! People (including me!) were dancing, singing, crying, bonding with each other, just having a heck of a great time. I'll never forget it as long as I live. And OMG, the moment when he came out on stage, I grabbed my then-husband and screamed! LOL! George sounded fantastic that night, and if I closed my eyes, it sounded exactly like my favorite cds. He was on target and did such a great job, and I've never been so happy in my life as far as celebrity-stuff goes. :)

I love you, George and that's for always. I wish your life had been easier, and I selfishly wish you'd been straight and I could have had the fantasy of meeting you and dating you, but I love you the way you were, and I hope that you had some happiness in your life, beautiful boy.

Bless you, you sexy man!

Tracy :)
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Rest in Peace George Michael - 01/03/17 05:55 PM

He will always be remembered. RIP George...
© 2024 GameBoomers Community