GB HOMEPAGE

gog site problems

Posted By: Bert

gog site problems - 10/11/18 12:20 AM

anyone else been to gog site lately? nothing works for me.
seems they've updated site. just can't navigate the site.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: gog site problems - 10/11/18 01:13 AM

The site is working just fine for me. What are you trying to do that isn't working?
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: gog site problems - 10/11/18 01:37 AM

It's working for me but I'm not comfortable with it yet. What browser are you using? I used to have trouble with it sometimes using Internet Explorer. I've been using Firefox lately.
Posted By: Marian

Re: gog site problems - 10/11/18 01:41 AM

I have moved this thread to Mixed Bag, as this post was not asking for adventure games hints and help.

GOG has changed their display/updated their site this past week and personally I liked the old layout better. There have been many posts complaining about the fact that everything is taking longer to load, although I have not experienced that myself. Overall I wish they would go back to the one they were using before, although things may improve with time. There have been many complaints, though, and few are saying that they think this is an improvement.

Re: gog site problems - 10/11/18 01:56 AM

I think with all the "moving parts" they assume everyone has super fast internet speeds which is not always the case.

Re: gog site problems - 10/11/18 01:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
The site is working just fine for me. What are you trying to do that isn'working?
Just general navigation of the site. doesn't do anything when I click on tabs or anything else...

Re: gog site problems - 10/11/18 02:19 AM

So, if you click on the tabs at the top, nothing happens? If you have a slow internet connection, you might just wait a few seconds for all the graphics to load. What browser are you using?

Re: gog site problems - 10/11/18 03:10 AM

Yes that was the problem. I used another browser and it works.
guess it doesn't like ie anymore. thanks all
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: gog site problems - 10/11/18 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
I think with all the "moving parts" they assume everyone has super fast internet speeds which is not always the case.

Indeed. Everything that used to be a thumbnail or screenshot is now a little movie. It's ridiculous with all this junk squirming around all over the place. They need a low bandwidth, no squirming version.
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: gog site problems - 10/11/18 03:35 AM

I've been using their GOG Galaxy client, from its inception I think and haven't had any issues. The only time I see vid clips of games is when I float my cursor over a video enabled thumbnail and it plays a YouTube vid. They do have large format videos available on many of the main game pages, but you have to hit the play button for them to start.
Posted By: sanford

Re: gog site problems - 10/11/18 03:50 AM

On this new GOG site display, on the left, you will see some game windows vertically, so if you scroll down past those windows, beneath them you will see the word: MORE with an arrow to the right. Click on the arrow and you will see more choices, such as "on sale", etc. That worked for me, so I can now click "on sale".(just as before) and search for their current games on sale. I do that everyday, looking for "old" games to replay.
I hope this helps, my fellow Boomers
Sandy
Posted By: Mad

Re: gog site problems - 10/11/18 07:19 PM

Personally, I haven't experienced any difficulties and I've been to GOG twice this week woozy

But I stopped using IE to get there a long time ago ....

On reaching the site (using Firefox) to reach the Log-In screen just click on the white GOG box.
It's the first of the tabs at the top at the page.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: gog site problems - 10/11/18 08:15 PM

No suggestions will work if your Internet speed is too slow. Parts of their overly complex website will time out and fail to load properly, leading to other parts not functioning as intended.

You don't have to live in a rural area to have poor Internet speeds in the US. Apparently this is not a problem in Poland (or wherever GOG is based).
Posted By: sanford

Re: gog site problems - 10/11/18 08:35 PM

I am using GOOGLE as my default browser, Jenny, having no problems with "speed". Living in a NYC area suburb helps too, I suppose.
Sandy
Posted By: Mad

Re: gog site problems - 10/11/18 10:04 PM

Thankfully, my internet speed is good, Jenny100, but when I first visited the "new" GOG I did have to "find" my way to the log-in screen.

I am often VERY useless at navigating sites lol
© 2024 GameBoomers Community