GB HOMEPAGE

super bowl

Posted By: family

super bowl - 01/21/19 09:03 PM

Patriots vs. Rams at Sunday, Feb. 3, kicks off at 6:30 p.m., it is going to be a good game, i can not wait to watch it. cool blackkitty catrub lab puppy
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: super bowl - 01/21/19 10:55 PM

I'm not happy with either team making it. So disgusted with the Saints game... Just kind of disgusted with football in general.

But I'm glad you're looking forward to it, family!
Posted By: my10rugrats

Re: super bowl - 01/21/19 11:07 PM

Draclvr, i agree with you all the way on the teams. we didn't get to watch the saints game . the chiefs game last night was so upsetting .
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: super bowl - 01/22/19 12:33 AM

I'm with you too, Drac!
Posted By: gymcandy1

Re: super bowl - 01/22/19 12:49 AM

If the Rams don't win the Super Bowl, I'm done with football. blech

Until next season. grinch

joe grin
Posted By: soot

Re: super bowl - 01/22/19 02:54 AM

sad we missed the games so we don't know what we don't know about the games that we missed

Re: super bowl - 01/22/19 03:32 AM

the 1st half of the chiefs/patriots game was horrible, but it was also cold as a well diggers ______
but we did come back in the 2nd half and played better but the over time killed us

Re: super bowl - 01/22/19 04:21 AM

And the blown pass interference call in the Saints/Rams game was unforgivable in a championship game that was tied.

Re: super bowl - 01/22/19 04:22 AM

Joe, those of us in St. Louis do not think very kindly of Stan Kroenke and the Rams!!

Re: super bowl - 01/22/19 04:53 AM

Drac, I don't think it was fair at all! There is a petition to replay the game, I think they should!

Re: super bowl - 01/22/19 07:09 AM

So, do I. That was egregious enough to require SOMETHING serious to happen.

EDIT: Saw a great suggestion on Facebook this morning. Since no one wants to see the Patriots or the Rams in the Super Bowl, the Saints and the Chiefs should just play their own game. We'd call it the Gumbo Bowl and have a parade afterwards, no matter who wins!
Posted By: gymcandy1

Re: super bowl - 01/23/19 04:15 AM

Draclvr I was in St Louis when the Rams won the Super Bowl. It was my first year there. yes

I too was disappointed when they moved back to LA. rolleyes

Poor St Louis lost the Cardinal, and then the Rams. crazy

joe

Re: super bowl - 01/23/19 04:30 AM

St. Louis has been considered the city with the most loyal fans through thick and thin. When Bill Bidwell and then Stan Kroenke purposely had crappy teams, the fans still stayed with them. When they took the teams elsewhere, there were a lot of people left high and dry with season tickets and tons of other stuff. Nope, the Rams are NOT popular here and neither are the Cardinals! At least we know our baseball team isn't leaving!
Posted By: Geo

Re: super bowl - 01/27/19 11:25 PM

I don't think they should play the whole game over, but I do think they should play it over from the time of the blatant foul with that error corrected and see what would have happened. I think it is totally unfair not to. I think it would be about 2 minutes they would have to re-play. Where is the commissioner on all this?
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: super bowl - 01/28/19 12:21 AM

So this is just my meager opinion - There are a lot of blatantly poor calls throughout the year and there were missed calls on both sides during the game. Were they as critical as that missed pass-interference call that's making the news? No. Could they have influenced the outcome of the game? Most definitely.

Replaying isn't the answer, because it would open up a whole new crazy precedent (even though the potential does exist in the rule books) for future games that would make football more of a subjective circus than it already is. The thing to do here is to move on and hold a formal review against ALL the officials in the game and fine and/or fire those that had eyes on the play. While that won't change the outcome of the game this year, it will still help prevent a situation like this from occurring in the future.

Re: super bowl - 01/28/19 02:13 AM

I believe that's the way they are heading after this circumstance. I agree that replaying the last 2 minutes wouldn't help - there was an entire "atmosphere" that couldn't be recreated. It appears, they are going to allow review of even plays like these in the future. When a game is this close, a blown call can make all the difference in the outcome.

Re: super bowl - 01/28/19 03:27 AM

I tend to agree with you both except we lose the one chance we will ever have to see Brees vs Brady in the Super Bowl. Not fair!

Re: super bowl - 01/28/19 06:28 AM

I agree, Geo! Now THAT would have been a Super Bowl to watch!
Posted By: Barry

Re: super bowl - 01/30/19 11:05 PM

Just think of this disgusting fact. If the Patriots win the super bowl Sunday Brady will become the only quarterback to win 6 Super Bowls.
Unfortunately this will probably happen. Last year was probably a fluke.

Re: super bowl - 01/31/19 12:52 AM

Why would that be unfortunate? He has proven himself to be one of the greatest ever.
He is a Hall-Of-Famer.
Posted By: Barry

Re: super bowl - 01/31/19 01:34 AM

Being the fact that I'm basically a Jet and Giant fan I think that explains it all, LOL. As much as I hate to say it he probably is the greatest ever (ducking from the reactions of Jet fans)

Re: super bowl - 01/31/19 02:37 AM

I just love the story, 6'th round draft choice, probably not much hope for him, then the star starting QB gets hurt and he gets thrown in for what would probably be his one and only chance to show his stuff. The rest is history.

Re: super bowl - 01/31/19 04:05 AM

I can't wait either Family happydance

I'll be rooting for a good game and the Patriots to win laugh

wave2
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: super bowl - 02/01/19 08:56 PM

Yeah, Brady is one professional dude. He takes his job and health about as seriously as anyone could - Definitely a legend.
Posted By: flotsam

Re: super bowl - 02/02/19 06:21 AM

Ditto TM - go the Pats!
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: super bowl - 02/02/19 11:53 AM

May the team that plays the best win the Super Bowl, fair and square, with no doubt who is the champion team!

Re: super bowl - 02/02/19 04:16 PM

I hope so too, Gerry! After that Saints Rams game though, I think that cat is already out of the bag!

Re: super bowl - 02/02/19 04:28 PM

I need to sit down today and watch that play in more detail...in particular where were the refs looking think

I missed both of those playoff games as we had no internet, cable, phone...etc Were back in the early 1900s technology wise

Re: super bowl - 02/02/19 10:17 PM

undecided on whether i will watch the game or not. but if i do i will be rooting for the rams . but not a fan of either team
Posted By: family

Re: super bowl - 02/04/19 10:47 AM

Patriots won 13 to 3.

Re: super bowl - 02/04/19 03:46 PM

hate to be negative, but what i watched of the game and some of half time it all was so boring that i went to bed. i could not believe how boring it was. also i read it was one of the 2nd lowest scoring super bowls

Re: super bowl - 02/04/19 03:57 PM

Total snooze fest!

Re: super bowl - 02/04/19 05:02 PM

Perfect description, Ana. Probably didn't help, that I wished both teams would lose!

I did laugh when the quick ad popped up from St. Louis telling Stan Kroenke we weren't mad at him anymore. Then a huge virtual banner was unfurled from the Gateway Arch saying, "Stan Still Sucks!" I'd heard they were going to do it, but I got a big laugh out of it!
Posted By: TLC

Re: super bowl - 02/04/19 05:30 PM

I watched the Puppy Bowl and then the Kitten Bowl. joy I hate football. thumbsdown
© 2024 GameBoomers Community