GB HOMEPAGE

Tupperware

Posted By: family

Tupperware - 03/18/19 02:37 AM

what is the best, because mine keep cracking. cool wave blackkitty catrub lab puppy
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Tupperware - 03/18/19 04:37 AM

Do you mean the brand name Tupperware? I have some old Tupperware that is over 20 years old and it has never cracked!

Re: Tupperware - 03/18/19 04:44 AM

i must be over heating them, i am thinking of buying Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids and Containers Set.
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Tupperware - 03/18/19 06:17 AM

Using Tupperware or any other container in a Microwave can cause cracking or melting if they are not properly vented and yes, if you leave it too long and or too high it will shorten the life of a container. Try using less time and then testing the food, if still not hot enough, try a bit more time until you are satisfied.

Good luck finding other containers.

I agree with Draclvr , we have T. that are 20 or more years old and still in great shape.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Tupperware - 03/18/19 12:42 PM

If you are going to use in the microwave, buy the glass ones.

Ana wave
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Tupperware - 03/18/19 01:08 PM

As far as I can recall, most Tupperware is not meant to be used in the microwave. Whatever you buy be sure that the packaging says "Microwave Safe". I agree with Ana. Glass is best. I have glass storage containers from Lock and Lock that have plastic lids and are microwave safe. I'm sure there are other brands available.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Tupperware - 03/18/19 02:21 PM

Oh, definitely do not use Tupperware for cooking. The Tupperware brand is meant for a lot of things such as reheating and storage, but never for cooking. And while some of the storage containers may say "microwave safe," again they are meant for brief use in the microwave, not cooking. I like the glass storage containers like Sparkle mentioned, but I never use the plastic lids in the microwave.

Re: Tupperware - 03/18/19 02:24 PM

thank you guys very much.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community