GB HOMEPAGE

Game of Thrones

Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Game of Thrones - 03/27/19 11:15 PM

Is anyone else excited for the final season of Game of Thrones that starts next month? I just watched the trailer and I can't wait to see how this all ends. I'm hoping that my two favorite characters (Arya & Tyrion) survive. Who are your favorite characters?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/28/19 12:04 AM

I can honestly say I have never even seen a minute of the show! lol I know it has quite a following though!
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/28/19 12:23 AM

I simply cannot wait! Beyond excited! Yes, those are the two I hope survive too!
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/28/19 04:29 AM

Yes, indeed I am. It's funny, when I first started watching I thought, erg - another one of those excessive series to make an impact and get the press interested. Then before I knew it, season 2 came around, I had made a point to watch every episode of season 1 and finally admitted to myself that I was hooked.

Of course not much of surprise considering my avatar grin

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/28/19 02:20 PM

That is the perfect avatar for a GOT fan!

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/28/19 09:49 PM

Ana there is a bar in Chicago called the Burlington where they have a Game of Thrones watch party on Sunday nights and post a video reaction clip online. Have you ever heard of it?
Posted By: Mad

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/28/19 11:01 PM

[i][/i]
Originally Posted by BrownEyedTigre
I can honestly say I have never even seen a minute of the show! lol I know it has quite a following though!

I can honestly say the same thing too, BrownEyedTigre !! rotfl
Posted By: Marian

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/28/19 11:05 PM

Well, make that three of us. I haven't seen one minute of Game of Thrones.

I am, however, finally watching Breaking Bad. It took me a long time to get around to it. smile
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/28/19 11:11 PM

Four!

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/29/19 01:46 AM

Yes,
Originally Posted by Space Quest Fan
Ana there is a bar in Chicago called the Burlington where they have a Game of Thrones watch party on Sunday nights and post a video reaction clip online. Have you ever heard of it?

Yes, they have a lot of bands there usually, I did not know about the GOT viewing. How cool is that!

Ana
Posted By: connie

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/29/19 11:09 AM

Five!

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/29/19 07:48 PM

You all are really missing some good television. if you search Burlington Bar Game of Thrones you can watch short clips of the patrons watching the show and get a feel for the atmosphere. I would love to be there!

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/29/19 08:38 PM

So would I! The dragons! I love the dragons... well, except for poor Viserion. I nearly wept at Viserion...
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/29/19 09:00 PM

Isn't it on cable (which I don't have)?

I thought I had edited my post to include that even though I've never seen the show, I did buy the game when it was 75% discounted.

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/29/19 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by oldbroad
Isn't it on cable (which I don't have)?

I thought I had edited my post to include that even though I've never seen the show, I did buy the game when it was 75% discounted.

It's on HBO.
Posted By: soot

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/29/19 10:57 PM

Oh my yes, I'm glad it's done

I watched the initial seasons

And can't wait to finally 'binge watch' it all happydance

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/30/19 12:03 AM

SpaceQ, I can't deal with anything but comedies. The only show I still watch that is a drama is Grays Anatomy. I just can't handle them.

Ana wave

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/30/19 02:55 PM

But, but... the dragons!

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/30/19 11:06 PM

Ana,

Checkout a movie from 2017 called Gifted. it is a comedy/drama and I loved it.

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/31/19 01:00 AM

I just saw the trailer, SpaceQ, it looks sweet! It's not on my OnDemand yet except as a rental. I'll check back!

Drac, not even dragons convince me! rotfl
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/31/19 03:24 AM

Drac, not even dragons convince me! rotfl

Wait, what? I'm sorry, I didn't understand that.

wink

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/31/19 04:21 AM

lol Trail

Re: Game of Thrones - 03/31/19 04:29 AM

me neither Trail rotfl

Re: Game of Thrones - 04/21/19 02:30 AM

I loved the first episode but the real reason I added this post was because I saw we have a new dragon icon and I wanted to use it. dragon

Re: Game of Thrones - 04/21/19 05:00 AM

Oh, how cool is that! Perhaps Viserion will be saved yet! dragon

Re: Game of Thrones - 04/21/19 12:29 PM

lol Draclvr thumbsup
Posted By: LadyLinda

Re: Game of Thrones - 04/30/19 11:21 AM

Three episodes done and the series has not disappointed.
The Battle at Winterfell was epic and exhausting and exciting.
Though only minor characters have died, they nonetheless will be missed.

Rooting for Arya to go all the way.

Re: Game of Thrones - 04/30/19 02:29 PM

I'm still reeling from the Battle at Winterfell! Arya was the last one I suspected! I should have known after Melisandre talked to her though... "What do we say to the God of Death?" "Not today," says Arya with a knowing smile on her face.

I'm hoping both Drogon and Rhaegar the dragons made it. Alas, poor Viserion...

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/02/19 08:43 PM

I'll miss Theon, Lyanna Mormont and Jorah but I'm really glad all the Starks are still standing. They have been through enough.

Arya is a boss! bravo

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/03/19 12:33 AM

I agree. I kind of knew Theon had to go, but I'd kept up hopes for Jorah. Lyanna Mormont was just a good way for a small, but fierce young woman to poke the eye of a wight giant and send him off to oblivion. Love how they did that.

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/04/19 12:15 PM

I loved when Bran told Theon that he was home and that he was a good man. cry
Posted By: ScarletDragon

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/04/19 11:39 PM

So how do you GOT fans feel about the death of the Night King? There have been a lot of complaints, but I personally think is was totally appropriate he be killed by the one person best equipped to get the job done. The fans complaining think it should have been a duel with Jon Snow since they have battled so many times already. I think Jon had his chance so move over and let someone else have a go at it.

By the way, Robert Martin (author of the books) said in an interview that his wife told him she would divorce him if Arya or Tyrion dies.

I think the show got really sidetracked with the Night King battle and devoted way too much time on it. The real series is about the Game of Thrones - the battle for the Iron Throne, so lets get on the road to King's Landing and get rid of Cersie once and for all!

Oh yeah, I love the dragons too!

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/05/19 01:28 AM

Jon Snow and the Night King would have been a terrible waste of time. His demise needed to be accomplished by either Bran or Arya. I always assumed it would be Bran. I still wonder what the curious tilt of the NK's head meant before he prepared to kill Bran... what did he see? The raven?

The Night Walkers were always a side quest. I think the ultimate goal with that quest was to bring everyone in the Seven Kingdom together and fighting for the same thing rather than holed up in their little kingdoms with their own problems. Now that they are truly united, they can take on Cercei Lannister.

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/05/19 11:46 AM

I was truly at the end of my seat during that moment when the Night King met up with Bran. I felt it was the end of mankind at that point. It was a surprise to me - what happened but again it made so much sense as it was what her life training led her to. thumbsup

Cersei is in for a battle and Yara is going to come in to help our Winterfell army.

I'm all for Arya and Tyrion not dying but I think one or both will in the end. cry

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/05/19 02:19 PM

I was fine with the way the Night King went down. The only problem I had with the episode was that everything was so dark it was hard to make out who I was looking at some times.

The scene in the crypts with Tyrion and Sansa was my favorite. I love how the two people that were underestimated the most have turned out to be the two smartest people in Westeros.

Tonight's episode can't get here soon enough. happydance

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/05/19 02:23 PM

Hubby says he sure hopes the next battle happens during the day so he can see something! And Yara definitely has a role to play yet!
Posted By: ScarletDragon

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/06/19 04:52 AM

Of all the characters on GOT, I think Sansa has improved the most. She went from a naive airhead to a strong intelligent dominant woman who won't be fooled again. She could easily be Queen if everybody else with a claim gets killed. I think she would be a wise and fair ruler who could pull the petty kingdoms together. Wouldn't it be a hoot if Sansa and Tyrion remarried and ruled together? Unfortunately, I think all the Lannisters are going to die before the series ends. With the rising death toll, it appears the only winner in Game of Thrones is the last one left alive.

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/06/19 04:24 PM

And another dragon down besides. I agree there will be no Lannisters left standing, although I will hold out hope for Tyrion.

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/06/19 08:14 PM

This might amuse Game of Thrones fans; you can find it here.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/06/19 08:50 PM

That's hysterical, Marian thanks

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/06/19 09:03 PM

I saw that this morning! It was all over the internet!

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/06/19 09:58 PM

That is great. lol

Tyrion, Arya, Davos and Sansa are my favorites. I hope they all survive but I am worried.

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/06/19 11:11 PM

As it turns out, someone from GOT is saying it wasn't a Starbucks cup, but a cup from a coffee shop in Northern Ireland. It boils down to the same thing, though. laugh

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/07/19 12:01 AM

Interesting, HBO just admitted it was a Starbucks cup on the news.

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/07/19 12:11 AM

oops

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/07/19 12:12 AM

Interesting, HBO just admitted it was a Starbucks cup on the news.

Yes, there are conflicting reports about this. I guess we don't have to wonder why.

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/07/19 10:26 PM

My favorite scene this week was when Sansa put the Stark pin on Theon. cry

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/09/19 10:32 AM

Yes, that was a sad scene.
I enjoyed the whole "celebration" scene. The interaction between all the characters.

I really thought that Cersei had no chance but now that the North has only one dragon, I'm not that sure. dragon
I read that episode 5 is the battle so we'll find out soon who wins and who falls.
There must be a twist or conflict in the story left for the last episode. duh

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/10/19 12:01 AM

I can't wait until Sunday LadyLinda. happydance

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/17/19 11:48 AM

I'm not happy with Daenerys's decision to burn King's Landing but she has been through a lot. She is going to regret it in the end. shame
I was wrong about Yara as I thought she would be back but alas she was a no show.
I'm glad Arya made it but now where does she go, back to Winterfell perhaps or is she going to kill Daenerys so Jon can take the crown.

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/17/19 01:49 PM

Yeah, I could see signs that Daenerys was going to shift to the side of madness in her family. When John rejected her, she said, "Let it be fear then." I kept hoping Yara would show up too.. Ah, well, all will be revealed this Sunday!

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/17/19 07:38 PM

I just glad that my favorites......Tyrion, Arya, and Davos are still standing....... at least for now.

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/19/19 11:28 AM

I'm sad that tonight is the last episode. Hopefully they finish it off in a good way.

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/19/19 02:16 PM

Obviously, we won't know until it's over, but my feeling is that it isn't going to be very satisfying! Hope I'm wrong.

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/19/19 03:34 PM

I know what you mean Draclvr...I hope for you all too

We watched the first season and then our ISP changed and HBO was no long part of our package...so, it was Gone with the wind... lol

Enjoy tonight

wave2

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/19/19 04:10 PM

Well it is Game of Thrones and I don't think anyone is expecting a happy ending but I am hoping it is satisfying.

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/19/19 04:26 PM

rotfl SpaceQuestFan haha

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/20/19 01:23 PM

So, a VERY satisfying ending in my opinion! Even Drogon lives and I have a feeling King Bran the Broken will communicate with him. Very fitting ends for Arya, Sansa and even Jon. He always felt the draw of the Wildings.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/20/19 07:32 PM

For us that couldn't see the ending, what happened to Arya and Jon

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/20/19 11:19 PM

Jon killed Daenerys. Drogon directed his fire at the iron throne and destroyed it. He then picked up Daenerys' body and took her away. There was a council to choose a new king or queen. Greyworm got Tyrion out of his cell and brought him. Along with all the other representatives of the Seven Kingdoms, all the Starks were sitting there except for Jon - who really isn't a Stark, but a Targaryan - because he was imprisoned for killing Daenerys. Tyrion finally said that Bran the Broken should be King and so he was. Sansa said she would not bring Winterfell into Westeros and it would be a separate kingdom. So Sansa was made Queen of the North and Bran was King of the Six Kingdoms. He made Tyrion his Hand, Arya boarded her own ship and sailed to the west of Westeros into the unknown and Jon was banished to the Night Watch. When he got there all the Wildings were leaving to go back to their homes and he went with them. My favorite part was when his Dire Wolf Ghost was there too!
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/21/19 01:43 AM

Thank you!

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/22/19 08:48 PM

I loved the finale. The Starks have suffered enough and seeing them all survive was great for me. I had several highlights.

Tyrion asking Jon if he thinks his sisters would bend the knee might of saved the day
The shot of Dragon taking off behind Daenerys making it look like she had dragon wings was awesome.
Tyrion throwing the hand pin on the ground. I thought he was toast.
Brienne writing Jamie's story in the Kingsguard book.
Tyrion's speech about Bran.
Sansa getting crowned and the Queen of the North chant.
Ghost & Jon reunion

By far my favorite moment was when Edmure Tully stood to give his speach about why he should be king and Sansa told him to sit down.

What a great show and I can't tell you how impressed I am that ten years ago they hired all these young actors who all turned out to be extremely talented. The fact that they were able to keep the main cast together for ten years is a blessing too. I am really going to miss this show.

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/22/19 11:14 PM

I agree... all the howling on the internet about how awful it was and they needed to redo it is nuts! I thought it was perfect with each thing you mentioned standing out - especially Tyrion asking Jon if his sisters would bend the knee. I think that was his turning point.

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/23/19 01:03 AM

Everyone I've talked to liked the ending too...

I'm guessing the Russian Bots are stirring things up think

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/23/19 07:46 PM

lol soot

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/24/19 10:07 PM

Another thing that I wanted to add is that I have never seen a show that had the quality of casting, sets, costumes and music in my life. Bravo HBO. praise

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/25/19 01:54 AM

Well, there WAS the Starbucks cup and the water bottle at Sam's feet in the last episode! I thought these gaffes just made it better!

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/28/19 07:50 PM

I didn't see it but someone told me that they had an airplane in one of the aerial shots too. duh

Re: Game of Thrones - 05/28/19 11:24 PM

All I could find about an airplane was that a disgruntled fan raised enough money to have a plane fly with a banner saying, "Rewrite Season 8 of Game of Thrones."
© 2024 GameBoomers Community