GB HOMEPAGE

The Burning of Notre Dame de Paris

Posted By: Reenie

The Burning of Notre Dame de Paris - 04/15/19 11:24 PM

I'm feeling so sad about today's fire. Such a loss to cultural history! We visit Notre Dame every time we visit Paris. One of our first stops always was to imbibe the beauty and serenity of that magnificent and extraordinary building. Anyone who has visited carries away memories for life. frown
Posted By: gymcandy1

Re: The Burning of Notre Dame de Paris - 04/15/19 11:49 PM

That was absolutely heart breaking. Such a loss. cry
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: The Burning of Notre Dame de Paris - 04/16/19 12:09 AM

Shocking and sad cry
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The Burning of Notre Dame de Paris - 04/16/19 12:10 AM

Fortunately, it is still very much intact and they were able to save much of it. It was heartbreaking to watch the videos. Such a wonderful piece of history and architecture.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: The Burning of Notre Dame de Paris - 04/16/19 12:13 AM

Just what I was going to post, Ana. They saved the structure and fortunately because of the renovations under way, many of the important statues and other things had been removed.
Posted By: Taintedfury

Re: The Burning of Notre Dame de Paris - 04/16/19 01:22 AM

It's sad to see that happen to such a important building of history.....
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: The Burning of Notre Dame de Paris - 04/16/19 01:39 AM

I was watching this also. Such a beautiful building. I have never seen it in person but...
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Burning of Notre Dame de Paris - 04/16/19 02:37 AM

I have seen Notre Dame de Paris, and watching the fire today was unspeakably depressing and sad. It is a relief to know that much of it has survived.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: The Burning of Notre Dame de Paris - 04/16/19 09:19 AM

It is terrible that such a beautiful church with 800 centuries of history has been so heavily damaged.
Posted By: copper

Re: The Burning of Notre Dame de Paris - 04/16/19 05:30 PM

I have been to Paris a few times and I have to admit I cried when I saw the news about the Notre-Dame burning.
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Burning of Notre Dame de Paris - 04/16/19 05:38 PM

It was said during the BBC News (which I watched through some of the night) that due to the firemen purposely causing the ceiling to collapse down to ground level, more of the building was saved than might have been the case.

A great catastrophe, all the same ....

Re: The Burning of Notre Dame de Paris - 04/17/19 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mad
It was said during the BBC News (which I watched through some of the night) that due to the firemen purposely causing the ceiling to collapse down to ground level, more of the building was saved than might have been the case.

A great catastrophe, all the same ....

Yes, and that they used little water in order to not cause more damage by the water. They were certainly very smart on their actions! It is still very much intact!
Posted By: dorish

Re: The Burning of Notre Dame de Paris - 04/17/19 01:01 PM

I can't read anything about it without ending up in tears, and I've never even been to Paris. Such a sad happening.

Doreen
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: The Burning of Notre Dame de Paris - 04/17/19 08:57 PM

The first news report I heard said that they expected it to burn to the ground so I was really happy that they were able to save what they did. Very sad.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: The Burning of Notre Dame de Paris - 04/18/19 09:52 PM

An excellent piece of news... the bees survived! I had never heard of the bees of Notre Dame.

https://www.messynessychic.com/2019...-wilyLPi-_cFxO2MkG164cuoHUfljqaLdlmKdJqM
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: The Burning of Notre Dame de Paris - 04/18/19 10:03 PM

That's a great tidbit, Drac wavegirl

Re: The Burning of Notre Dame de Paris - 04/18/19 11:14 PM

That is great, Drac!!
Posted By: dorish

Re: The Burning of Notre Dame de Paris - 04/19/19 12:42 PM

So glad to hear that. I was just reading about the beekeeper yesterday.

Doreen
© 2024 GameBoomers Community