GB HOMEPAGE

celery and cucumber

Posted By: family

celery and cucumber - 06/27/19 03:08 PM

what do i do with leftover celery and cucumber. cool wave blackkitty catrub lab puppy penguin dragon
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: celery and cucumber - 06/27/19 05:08 PM

Keep in the refrigerator and use for something else? Celery keeps for a long time, cucumbers for a few days.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: celery and cucumber - 06/27/19 05:11 PM

Some people like cucumber mixed with sour cream. I don't.

Some people spread celery with cream cheese or peanut butter and snack on it that way.

Re: celery and cucumber - 06/27/19 05:13 PM

thank you guys very much, it is a enghish cucumber does that matter.

Re: celery and cucumber - 06/27/19 05:36 PM

English cucumbers don't keep very long in the refrigerator. I would use it up asap. I'm slicing up a regular cucumber with some sliced onions in vinegar, water and sugar today. 1/3 cup white vinegar, 1/3 cup water, 2 T sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, sliced onion. I have some fresh dill growing outside, so I'm going to snip up some dill weed for it too.

Or slice or cube it up and just add some Italian dressing.

Re: celery and cucumber - 06/27/19 07:40 PM

thank you guys very much.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: celery and cucumber - 06/28/19 12:51 AM

Sometimes I like sliced cucumbers with a little ranch dressing as a snack. Enjoy family.
Posted By: Barry

Re: celery and cucumber - 07/16/19 07:30 PM

My wife makes your recipe all the time Draclvr without the sugar (we're diabetic) and water.

Re: celery and cucumber - 07/16/19 07:40 PM

Tuna salad is very good with onion, mayo and celery

Re: celery and cucumber - 07/16/19 09:13 PM

Barry, my husband is diabetic and I use Splenda and it's really quite good. I even have even started making him home made chocolate ice cream using Splenda. He's not feeling a bit deprived!

Re: celery and cucumber - 07/16/19 09:55 PM

It really has nothing to do with the sugar or substitutes, her recipe simply didn't call for it and it's really good with just the vinegar and onions.

Re: celery and cucumber - 07/16/19 10:49 PM

That's actually the way my mother used to make it without the sugar. Since I know family is not concerned with carbohydrates, I just published the recipe "as-is!"
© 2024 GameBoomers Community