GB HOMEPAGE

Karla Munger

Posted By: colpet

Karla Munger - 07/04/19 10:46 AM

Not sure how many people here knew her. It was posted on the JA+ Facebook page.

It is with a heavy heart that Just Adventure passes on news of the death of Karla Munger. She has been our beloved system admin, news chaser, reviewer, artist, editor, and jack-of-all-trades for the site for more than a decade. We already miss her...
Posted By: connie

Re: Karla Munger - 07/04/19 11:34 AM

My Condolences to her family.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Karla Munger - 07/04/19 12:45 PM

So very sorry to hear. Condolences from GameBoomers.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Karla Munger - 07/04/19 12:45 PM

My prayers go out to her family. hearts
Posted By: Marian

Re: Karla Munger - 07/04/19 01:19 PM

Over the years I have read many things that she had written, so a most familiar name to me. I am sorry to hear this news. My condolences to her family and friends.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Karla Munger - 07/04/19 04:58 PM

I'm familiar with the name also. Sending my condolences to family and friends!
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Karla Munger - 07/04/19 05:07 PM

A familiar name to me too. I believe she and LadyKestrel were very good friends.
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Karla Munger - 07/04/19 07:50 PM

This news makes me so sad. Karla and I worked together on staff at JA for about 6 years, but I lost contact with her when JA shut down their forums. She was a hard worker and a woman of many talents. I loved her art, her writing, and her often wicked sense of humor. It breaks my heart that she is gone now. Peace, dear friend.
Posted By: soot

Re: Karla Munger - 07/05/19 03:48 PM

Losing friend(s) makes one's journey rough for a spell...

Condolences to Karla's family and friends...
Posted By: Mad

Re: Karla Munger - 07/05/19 08:32 PM

Yes. Such sad news.
I also send my sincere condolences.
Posted By: CrisGer

Re: Karla Munger - 07/25/19 05:01 AM

Karla was my dear friend and colleague in the realm of game research, testing, reviewing and moderating. We met at Just Adventure, and met online in virtual format for the first time in avatar form in the Game Tap iteration of URU, MOUL online in 2006. Our friendship lasted 15 years and I am very sorry that she had to leave us. She passed away at her home in Florida on July 1st. Her reviews and her memory will remain strong among many of us and as long as Just Adventure continues her reviews can be read there, her last ones were published in late June of this year.

She has a keen and inquisitive mind, brilliant in her insights and had a innate talent for testing and drawing out the qualities or lack of in games of many types. Her own tastes in game were clear to her, and included both the light and dark sides of such stories..... and she had a fierce and amazing ability to work hard and keep going on projects and her work for Just Adventure and tho her health was failing towards the end she continued to work up to the very last. For all of that I have great respect for her and always enjoyed comparing notes, and finding things we agreed on and disagreed on..over many years.

there is a guest memorial book here:

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/karla-munger-obituary?pid=193422891

You can leave a memory or a message about or for Karla. She was a unique personality.... she will always be with us who knew her....and I am glad to see she is remembered here. There will be no memorial service, that was not her deal. But remaining family and I are making sure her affairs are taken care of..... and I can only say how grateful i am that she was my dear good friend.

Hers is what she said about her self in her own words....on Just Adventure which is her summation of herself and her participation in her love of adventure games and their many genres.

Karla Munger [about Karla Munger]

I've been with JA in one capacity or other since 2003. I'm currently website administrator. I'm also a digital artist (my avatar is one of my creations). I write reviews and articles, create graphics and basically help tend the site. It's work I enjoy very much. I love playing games of all kinds, but adventure and RPGs are my favorites (particularly scary/dark/unsettling ones). At the top of my list are The Cat Lady, The Longest Journey, Dreamfall, Still Life (first one only), Scratches and Culpa Innata. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool recluse and prefer the company of animals, hardware and ghosts to human beings (no offense). And no bio would be complete without my saying that I do NOT care for phones of ANY sort. Further, I think Dell computers are garbage and that Microsoft has become megalomaniacal. "I put my heart and soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent Van Gogh "I need solitude for my writing; not like a hermit - that wouldn't be enough - but like a dead man." - Franz Kafka "I've been to hell and back, my boy." - Susan Ashworth, The Cat Lady

https://www.justadventure.com/

Karla was Webmaster, worked wtih JA since 2003 when it was owned by Randy now owned by Shane.

one of Karla's last reviews:

https://www.justadventure.com/2019/06/24/indiegogo-campaign-launched-for-ludopolis/

Take care Karla.

Chris
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Karla Munger - 07/25/19 10:12 AM

Very sad news to hear of the loss of Karla Munger, a true Adventure Gamer. May she find more adventures on the other side.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Karla Munger - 07/25/19 02:09 PM

welcome to GameBoomers CrisGer

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Karla Munger - 07/25/19 02:16 PM

welcome to GameBoomers CrisGer and thank you for telling us more about Karla. She will be remembered.
Posted By: CrisGer

Re: Karla Munger - 07/25/19 04:50 PM

You are welcome and thank you for the welcome in i am just sorry it was such sad circumstances that led me to re join, i was a member long ago but life has taken me along many paths, never far from adventure games and 3D worlds but winding.

Karla lived a full and rich life on her own terms. She had a fierce determination as i said on her memorial page to discover and learn about things that interested her. She had one of the finest minds I have known and a big heart too.

I will always miss her.

I will participate more here as i have time. Thank you Colpet for posting this i have missed you and our other friends at JA+

Chris
Posted By: colpet

Re: Karla Munger - 08/01/19 11:52 AM

CrisGer, I miss those days too. I still keep in touch with Caroline. Thank you for your lovely words about Karla.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Karla Munger - 08/01/19 05:52 PM

I miss her too.
Like LadyKestrel, I lost contact with her when JA closed their forum.
I kept hoping they'd reopen the forum but they never did.

Karla was a gutsy lady. I remember when Karla told us how she broke her arm and instead of going to the doctor she bound it up herself and eventually it healed up well enough. Caroline said she was like a pioneer woman. Karla did things her own way.

I won't forget her.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community