GB HOMEPAGE

My Dotty is gone

Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

My Dotty is gone - 09/03/19 10:01 PM

On August 02, 2009 I lost my cat Polly to kidney failure. In November 2009 my sister brought me a kitten I named Dotty. This morning I lost Dotty to a heart condition.

I was not prepared for this. I returned from a road tip to Deadwood. Dotty seemed fine. She jumped up on the couch while I watched Homicide Hunter. When I went to bed she slept beside me. When I came home from work today she was hiding under my dresser and was crying. I had to crawl under there to get her out. She couldn't stand up and seemed to be in pain. I thought she must have fallen from the dresser and broke something. But it turned out she had a blood clot which paralyzed her and an enlarged heart which the vet said was unlikely to respond to treatment.
Posted By: Marian

Re: My Dotty is gone - 09/03/19 10:41 PM

I am very sorry for the loss of Dotty, Guybrush. It's very difficult losing a beloved pet.
Posted By: connie

Re: My Dotty is gone - 09/03/19 11:18 PM

My heart hurts for you, I'm so very sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: My Dotty is gone - 09/04/19 12:21 AM

Prayers heading up for you and Dotty Guybrush. cat
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: My Dotty is gone - 09/04/19 12:43 AM

So very sorry to hear that, Guybrush. How heartbreaking.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: My Dotty is gone - 09/04/19 12:46 AM

Aw Guybrush. That is so sad. I feel for you. Hugs!
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: My Dotty is gone - 09/04/19 12:57 AM

My heart is breaking for you, Guybrush. It never gets any easier when we lose our beloved pets.
Posted By: copper

Re: My Dotty is gone - 09/04/19 01:23 AM

So sorry to hear your sad news, every pet lover knows a little of what you must be feeling.

If Dotty could have spoken to you at the end, you know She would have thanked you for all your love and kindness over her short ten years.

My heart is feeling your pain.
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: My Dotty is gone - 09/04/19 01:27 AM

So sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: My Dotty is gone - 09/04/19 02:17 AM

So sorry to read this! So hard to loose a loved one.
Posted By: Starcom

Re: My Dotty is gone - 09/04/19 03:21 AM

Sorry to hear the sad news, Guybrush.
Posted By: family

Re: My Dotty is gone - 09/04/19 03:36 AM

so sorry for you.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: My Dotty is gone - 09/04/19 08:41 AM

Guybrush I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of Dotty. Its so hard to loose a furry friend and companion. I hope you are comforted by the healing prayers and hugs being sent your way.
Take care.
Love & Hugs,
Gerry catrub
Posted By: Leeana

Re: My Dotty is gone - 09/04/19 12:25 PM

Prayers to you .....So Sad to read ...Dotty is in Animal Heaven with Polly .... Im sure they are playing with my Milo ....

Re: My Dotty is gone - 09/04/19 02:22 PM

Thank you all.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: My Dotty is gone - 09/04/19 03:11 PM

Guybrush, I am so very sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved friend is hard, and even worse when you are not expecting it. Gentle hugs
Posted By: Mad

Re: My Dotty is gone - 09/04/19 06:30 PM

I am very sorry to hear that news, GuybrushThreepwood. And sad for you sad

Re: My Dotty is gone - 09/15/19 01:24 AM

Just got back from a 6 day cruise, which I was going for another. When I walked in the door for a second I expected to be welcomed home with "meowing". Then I remembered.

Opening last week's mail I found a condolences card from the vet signed by entire staff apparently.
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: My Dotty is gone - 09/15/19 01:40 AM

Yep, I sometimes think I hear a little tribble or see some small thing scooting off when I walk in ...then I remember. Still makes me sad when our little guys leave us. Hang in there.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: My Dotty is gone - 09/15/19 07:51 AM

I feel your sadness Guybrush. Its been a couple years since my kitty Sweet Potato passed and I still miss her so much!

Love & Hugs,
Gerry
Posted By: connie

Re: My Dotty is gone - 09/15/19 12:57 PM

Hugs
Posted By: Mad

Re: My Dotty is gone - 09/15/19 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by GuybrushThreepwood

"Opening last week's mail I found a condolences card from the vet signed by entire staff apparently."

How very thoughtful hug
© 2024 GameBoomers Community