GB HOMEPAGE

Kaki's Sister

Posted By: MsMercury

Kaki's Sister - 01/12/20 10:55 PM

Hello Boomers, I know some of you have been concerned about Gerry. Just to let you know (with her permission) that she is suffering from shingles in her head and face and has been sick since Christmas. She's in too much pain to be able to post at the moment and I know she would appreciate prayers and healing thoughts.

Thanks guys!

Mary hearts
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/12/20 11:02 PM

So very sorry to hear this! Thank you for letting us know, I was worried about her. It isn't like her to leave without mentioning it.

You take care of yourself too, Mary! I know you aren't feeling too good either.

Positive healing thoughts for you both!

Hugs,
Ana
Posted By: gymcandy1

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/12/20 11:36 PM

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear Gerry is suffering from the shingles. I know it's a very painful condition. shocked sad

Healing thoughts for her and you too Mary. hearts

joe
Posted By: Marian

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/12/20 11:37 PM

Thank you so much for letting us know, Mary. I was just checking yesterday to see when Gerry's last post was as it had been a while, and was hoping that things were okay. Positive thoughts and prayers for Gerry, and for you too Mary! hearts
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/12/20 11:46 PM

Thanks for letting us know MsMercury. She had mentioned a toothache I think, which is exactly the same thing that happened with my brother. On December 14th he thought he had a toothache and he is now battling with Shingles on his face and head also! He is wondering if it will ever go away.

Hugs to Kaki's Sister from me. Hoping she recovers soon!

Oh, and by the way, my brother's name is Jerry!
Posted By: my10rugrats

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/12/20 11:52 PM

gentle hugs to gerry. shingles are not any fun at all. i had them once but not that bad.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/13/20 01:03 AM

Oh, Gerry, that is such a misery. Hope you feel better soon. Got my shingles vaccine as soon as I could!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/13/20 03:24 AM

I, too, send my sincere wishes for a speedy recovery. Shingles is such a painful experience hearts
Posted By: connie

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/13/20 01:20 PM

Positive thoughts and prayers on the way for Gerry and you. Thanks for letting us know. hearts
Posted By: soot

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/13/20 01:29 PM

Thank you so much for the update Ms Mary ... keeping Gerry and you in my thoughts and prayers
smile
Posted By: manxman

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/13/20 03:11 PM

Sorry to hear that Gerry. Hope you get well soon kitty
Posted By: michele rose

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/13/20 05:48 PM

Gerry, wishing you comfort and a speedy recovery from the cruelty of this virus. Hang in there! catrub
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/13/20 11:35 PM

Thank you for the update, Mary. I'd been wondering if she was ok wavegirl

Gerry, I hope you heal quickly puppy
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/14/20 12:19 AM

Prayers heading up Gerry. I hope you feel better soon. hearts
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/14/20 02:40 AM

So sorry to hear this. Hope she feels better soon. Got my first shot now trying to get the next one.

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/14/20 03:40 PM

Thanks guys. Gerry is in a lot of pain, esp when trying to eat as you can imagine. The severe headaches are keeping her from posting but she hopes to be back at GB soon. Please keep the good thoughts and prayers coming as I know she will appreciate them.

Mary hearts
Posted By: TLC

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/14/20 09:35 PM

My thoughts and prayers are on the way.
Posted By: Albert

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/22/20 06:23 AM

I sincerely wish her the best. This too will pass, with time. My mother had shingles, and it was Very painful. She wound up on serious pain killers (oxycontin I think), but did get over it. That convinced me to get the shingles vaccine. I urge all seniors who can manage to do so as well. I don’t remember, I think it was like $220 if you don’t have insurance. But if you see the agony, that’s cheap.

Albert
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/25/20 10:13 AM

Good Morning to all my friends here at GB. Thank you all for your prayers and kind words. It has been a terrible battle with shingles since before Christmas. It is still not over with yet, but I am feeling a lot better.

Please keep those prayers and positive thoughts coming I believe they really do help.

Love you all and thank you for your support.

Gerry

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/25/20 01:02 PM

Gerry, glad you are feeling better and it's so good to see you posting!

Will continue to keep you in my prayers, my friend.

Much love

Mary hearts
Posted By: Mad

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/25/20 01:02 PM

Pleased to hear you are feeling even slightly better kissy kissy
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/25/20 02:46 PM

Great to see you, Gerry! I am continuing to send positive thoughts and prayers your way!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/25/20 03:09 PM

So good to see you, Gerry. Thinking of you. hug

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/25/20 03:44 PM

Hello and Howdy Do Ms Gerry ... oh it's so good to see you ... I have really missed you in the Diner and the Garden ... I have and will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers ... would you like some coffee or tea?

hearts
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/25/20 07:12 PM

Really nice to see you feeling well enough to post Gerry! Sending prayers that you will soon be back to feeling normal!
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/25/20 08:23 PM

Good to see you are starting to feel a bit better, positive thoughts on the way for both of you.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/26/20 10:22 AM

Thank you Mary, Mad, Ana, Marian, soot, and oldbroad for your continued thoughts and prayers.

Soot I would love a cup of Echinacea tea!

Its been almost 7 weeks since this all started and it seems like I'm never going to be back to myself.

I'm trying to stay positive and all the support from my friends at GB really does help.

Thank you all.

Gerry
Posted By: connie

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/26/20 12:40 PM

Prayers and Positive thoughts coming your way.

Re: Kaki's Sister - 01/26/20 04:48 PM

No worries Gerry, you will be back to yourself with everyone keeping you in our thoughts and prayers rah

Here's your cup of Echinacea smile

Wishing you a blessed day!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community