GB HOMEPAGE

cleaning dishes

Posted By: family

cleaning dishes - 02/20/20 03:48 PM

my mentally challenged niece is not cleaning the dishes right, my husband is upset, what do i do. cool wave blackkitty catrub lab puppy kitty cat penguin dragon burger wavegirl reindeer angel her caseworker is making her do it.
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: cleaning dishes - 02/20/20 04:02 PM

What is she doing wrong? Can you help her learn to do it better?

Re: cleaning dishes - 02/20/20 04:12 PM

she is leaving food on them, and not getting all it off, no she will only listen to her caseworker who is our teacher in cooking class, they are teaching her to learn to live on her to live on her own, she is not ready.
Posted By: my10rugrats

Re: cleaning dishes - 02/20/20 04:52 PM

there is no sense in getting mad at her. rewash them yourself if she doesn't understand. some mentally challenged people are not able to live on their own.

Re: cleaning dishes - 02/20/20 05:23 PM

thank you very much.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: cleaning dishes - 02/20/20 06:45 PM

Ditto what my10rugrats said. If you are patient with her, you may be able to get her to listen to you and possibly learn from you. She may not be capable of learning/doing it any better though.

Re: cleaning dishes - 02/20/20 06:52 PM

thank you guys very much.
Posted By: soot

Re: cleaning dishes - 02/20/20 10:40 PM

Best wishes Family ... will keep you, hubby and niece in my prayers

wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: cleaning dishes - 02/20/20 11:20 PM

While it may be frustrating, getting mad at a person with challenges doesn't solve anything. I would tell her caseworker that she needs help with it and let them handle it. I would have her do her best and figure you will need to rewash them. I spent half my life redoing all the dishes my kids did but I had to learn to control my temper over it.

All the best to your niece in gaining independence.

Re: cleaning dishes - 02/21/20 03:14 AM

thank you guys very much.
Posted By: Albert

Re: cleaning dishes - 02/22/20 10:29 PM

Huhm, maybe something isn’t clicking between your niece and her case worker, who may well be over loaded. Sometimes just telling someone to do something, that to you, is simple, isn’t for someone else. You might have to SHOW them how to do it and explain WHY. That’s a normal part of life at every level, trade schools are an example. Just telling someone to go weld some pipes together isn’t going to cut it for anyone that hasn’t done it before. You’ve got to show them how before its going to happen. Even then it will take much practice to get good at it. If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.

This is a pure guess on my part since I don’t know the details, but I think what we have here is a failure to communicate. Love and patience are essential.

I wish you all the best,
Albert
Posted By: Leeana

Re: cleaning dishes - 02/27/20 02:49 PM

Can You at least Soak them in hot water first .... then when cooled down let her was them Thats what I do
© 2024 GameBoomers Community