GB HOMEPAGE

RIP Kenny Rogers!

Posted By: oldbroad

RIP Kenny Rogers! - 03/21/20 06:42 PM

Sorry, I had to say it! The news has me listening to some good old songs!
Posted By: Marian

Re: RIP Kenny Rogers! - 03/21/20 07:21 PM

Dolly Parton made a touching video tribute to Kenny on Twitter. May he rest in peace.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: RIP Kenny Rogers! - 03/21/20 09:13 PM

My prayers go out to his family. RIP
Posted By: manxman

Re: RIP Kenny Rogers! - 03/21/20 09:52 PM

Sad to hear the news about Kenny Rogers. So many great songs over the years and those with Dolly Parton.
Posted By: connie

Re: RIP Kenny Rogers! - 03/22/20 12:14 PM

Sorry to hear the news, he was one of my favorites. Hubby and I got to see Kenny and Dolly at the Magic Orena once.
Posted By: soot

Re: RIP Kenny Rogers! - 03/22/20 03:52 PM

Sad to hear the news about Kenny ... a very good musician that I'll miss. Prayers for his family and friends!
Posted By: butterflybabe

Re: RIP Kenny Rogers! - 03/22/20 05:43 PM

I liked Kenny too. Nice, smooth talented voice. Funny thing. Way back when CDs were fairly new, bought a player allowing for several CDs to play at one time, as well as the feature to select songs at random. Stopped using it because the player 'chose' Kenny's 'The Gambler' every other song, so heard it several times within half an hour and got tired of it. Hardly chose any other the song on the other CDs. Since then, every time I heard that song, reminds me of the CD player incident.
Posted By: gymcandy1

Re: RIP Kenny Rogers! - 03/22/20 10:42 PM

Such a loss! Nobody told a story through his songs like Kenny Rogers. They were always great sing-a-long songs with great melodies. He'll be missed. Prayers out to his family. sad
© 2024 GameBoomers Community