GB HOMEPAGE

Joe's Saturday April 11th

Posted By: gymcandy1

Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/11/20 03:12 AM

The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

~~~~

Ever Wonder? Whose cruel idea was it for the word “Lisp” to have a “S” in it?
~~

If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?
~~

Ever Wonder? If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
~~

Ever Wonder? How is it possible to have a civil war?
~~

Ever Wonder? If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still #2?
~~

Ever Wonder? What do gardeners do after they retire?
~~

Ever Wonder? Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing soap made with real lemons?
~~

Ever Wonder? Why is “abbreviated” such a long word?
~~

Ever Wonder? Why is it that doctors call what they do “practice”?
~~

Ever Wonder? Why can’t women put on mascara with their mouth closed?
~~

Ever Wonder? Why do we sing ‘Take me out to the ball game’, when we are already there?
~~

Ever Wonder? Why does your nose run and your feet smell?
~~

Ever Wonder? Why do fat chance and slim chance mean the same thing?
~~

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
~~

Ever Wonder? Why does round pizza come in a square box?
~~

Ever wonder? If you have to put two cents in, but it’s only a penny for your thoughts, who gets the extra penny?
~~

If bread is square why is sandwich meat round?
~~

Men are like parking spaces; The good ones are taken, and the only ones left are handicapped.
~~

Good morning everyboomie and welcome to the weekend! joy

I am really ready to relax and unwind.........or unwind and relax. blush

It's been a tough work week. lol

Actually this deck job is taking it's toll on the old body. I may run out of band aids before I'm done. slapforehead

One of these days I'm going to invest in a real good set of knee pads too. rolleyes

Anyway here's the next weeks diner for you. Have a super safe week everyone. thumbsup

joe
Posted By: manxman

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/11/20 04:29 AM

Hello everyone.
Have a good weekend joe and take a rest. wave
Hope everyone has a safe and super Saturday catrub
Posted By: connie

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/11/20 11:56 AM

Good morning, stay safe. Today is the day I venture out for groceries. I will have my alcohol wipes and hand sanitizer with me. Danish, Eggs, Grits, Hash Browns, Bacon, Sausage, and Toast in the NC. hug
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/11/20 03:06 PM

Joe, as always, I thank you for starting a new week for us! I hope you can get your projects completed and still remain in one piece. This whole getting older thing is painful sometimes! lol Is it a good time to go to the creek or sod farm? Our snakes are out when I run the dogs. At least ours aren't venomous!

manxman, hope all is well by you!

connie, grocery shopping is certainly different these days. I feel like I'm on an apocalyptic movie set.

Have a great day all!

I'm hopeful I'm getting my car back today. It's been ten days and it's really hard for me to work without it. Poor hubby's new ride has taken a beating with all the dogs I have in and out of his this week.

Ana wave
Posted By: soot

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/11/20 03:30 PM

Good morning Joe manXman Connie and Ana laugh

The weekend is upon us and it's time to recharge batteries, relax, game, do some lawn maintenance and listen to music happydance

Joe ... you and me both are going to enjoy the unwinding thumbsup

Hey Ho manXman, wishing you a wonderful Saturday too

Connie ... stay safe while you are out and about ... yum, I'll have grits, bacon and toast in the NC yes

L4L hearts

Have a wonderful day Joe Ana Family SpaceQuestFan Gerry Connie L4L manXman ButterFlyBabe Trail_Mystic and anyone else who pops in to say hi wave2

lab
Posted By: butterflybabe

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/11/20 05:08 PM

Hey all. Still trying to take in and accept all the craziness. Every day something new. Several days ago, couldn't believe what I was seeing while on my way home during late afternoon dog walk. It was snowing; two days earlier it was in the 70s. Visit to vet yesterday meant staying the car while waiting for vet to call. Not allowed on the facility at all. puppy

Enjoying my games, Netflix, grateful repairmen still working when something goes awry.

Like your list, gymcandy! Waiting for day when docs will know what they're doing; no longer 'just' practicing. crazy

Stay safe!
Posted By: family

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/12/20 05:35 AM

chores.

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/12/20 11:45 AM

Good morning, be safe. Danish, Eggs, Grits, Hash Browns, Bacon, Sausage, Biscuits and Gravy, French Toast, and Toast. hug
Posted By: MsMercury

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/12/20 02:17 PM

Hello Boomers, hope you are all well and staying safe in these trying times.

I've been reading the forums every day but have been unable to post due to pain in shoulders and arms and also tremors in my hands. Things have settled down a wee bit now so I will post while I'm able!

I hope you are all coping well with the changes and hope things return to normal soon for us all. Middle son had to self-isolate as he was showing symptoms but he's clear now thank goodness.

The hardest thing for us is not being able to see the kids and grandkids. We can do it via our phones but while it helps it's not the same.

We are having the most beautiful weather at the moment and would like nothing better than to be able to go to the coast but hey ho! Our time will come! I get my fresh air sitting at my front door in my wheelchair! lol Hubby goes out once a week for groceries.

Sorry if this sounds like a pity party, it's not intended that way. I do know everyone is in the same boat.

Please stay safe guys!

Much love,

Mary hearts wavegirl

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/12/20 03:32 PM

Good morning everyone on this Easter Sunday. Hope everyone is staying safe and looking after your family and friends. catrub (aka Pepper)

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/12/20 05:03 PM

Good morning everybody. wave2

Thanks again Connie for the great breakfast spread. My very favorite meal. bravo

It's great to see you again Mrs Mary. I'm sorry you can't see the kids and Gkids, but happy to hear your son is not infected. wave2

Family I have a few chores I need to do, but my focus is one my outdoor chores and projects right now. Problem is we had thunderstorms all day yesterday, and again over night and early today more storms. Now my yard is just a soggy, swampy mess. The ground is so soaked there is water standing everywhere. shocked

I managed to do a little work yesterday before the rain, but then the rain messed up some of the painting I had done on the deck. slapforehead

Now we have 50 degree weather forecast for the next 3 days and I know I won't be able to do much if anything on my deck except maybe scraping and brushing, which I STILL haven't finished. smirk

I was going to go to Lowe's today then I remembered that they are closed today. First time I've ever known them to close on Easter. duh

It's really nice outside now. The rain moved on and we're going up to about 70. I took Missy parking. We made two trips around the half mile track. lab

Now I just need to decide what to do with the remains of the day.

Well I don't want to talk your ears off. wink

Have a super Easter Ana, Family, Soot, L4L, Connie, Gerry, Mary, Manxman, Butterflybabe, Space Quest Fan, MaG, and all Gameboomers. wave

joe
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/12/20 09:42 PM

Happy Easter ya'll puppy

Listening to a tornado watch alert at the moment. Of course it is, cos Soot is supposed to be grilling ribs rotfl

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day wavegirl

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/13/20 12:35 AM

Happy Easter everyone laugh

I agree ButterFlyBabe ... can't wait for science and the Doc's to figure this out

Well done Family ... they don't get done unless you do em!

Connie, thank you so much for the eggs, grits, bacon and toast in the NC

We're in the same boat Ms Mary ... can't wait for this to be history ... just not sure how long it will take think

Joe, some of my sib's are getting snow and/or having temps in the 20s shocked

L4L hearts

Have a wonderful day Joe Ana Family SpaceQuestFan Gerry Connie L4L manXman ButterFlyBabe Trail_Mystic and anyone else who pops in to say hi wave2

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/13/20 11:42 AM

Good morning, stay safe. Danish, Eggs, Grits, Hash Browns, Bacon, Sausage, and Toast in the NC. hug

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/13/20 02:23 PM

Good Monday morning everyone. yay

Soot snow right now would be a little hard to swallow and not because I have a sore throat. eek

We are 40 degrees right now, but with 14 mph wind it feels like 32 degrees. At least it's mostly sunny. bravo

Wait never mind, the sun just disappeared. slapforehead

It's going to make my last cup of coffee taste really good. [Linked Image]

Connie as always thank you so much for the great breakfast. kissy

Have a fantastic day everybody. hamster

joe

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/13/20 02:31 PM

watching court shows.

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/13/20 03:23 PM

Hmmmm, just lost my post

So, I'll just wavegirl

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/13/20 03:42 PM

Marvellous Monday everyone. Keep safe and positive. wave

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/13/20 04:46 PM

I hear ya Joe ... but the weather can be a little unpredictable in areas of these states wink

Enjoy your shows Family

L4L hearts

Wishing you a great day too manXman

lab

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/14/20 01:07 AM

watching court shows.

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/14/20 12:01 PM

Good morning, stay safe. Danish, Eggs, Grits, Hash Browns, Bacon, Sausage, Donuts, and Toast in the NC. hug

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/14/20 01:22 PM

Grocery day today wave A terrific Tuesday to all.
Stay safe, Stay healthy, Stay Home smile

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/14/20 02:10 PM

Good morning everyboomie on this fine Tuesday morning. wave2

Connie your breakfast really hit the spot this morning. We were in the 30s and my appetite went sky high. praise

Manxman I made my trip to Walmart yesterday. I didn't want to go on Monday, but I had to have some things for my projects anyway. They were pretty busy, but Checkout didn't take too long. wink

We ended up having glorious sunshine yesterday, and I needed a bunch of stuff from Lowe's, so after taking Missy parking, I headed to town. It was still pretty cool so instead of working on my deck, on the North side of the house, with the wind blowing out of the North, I started working on the front porch. I'm adding the deck rails to either side there. hamster

I got one side installed already. bravo

Today is overcast again, and still cold. I don't know that I'll do much..........except for having a nuther cup of coffee. razz

I'm pretty sure I'll do that. wink

Have a super day everyone. rah rah rah

joe

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/15/20 01:20 AM

watching court shows.

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/15/20 02:10 AM

Hey ho, everyone! I keep getting distracted and forget to pop in to say hi! I've been keeping busy to keep my sanity. My grandpuppy went home late last night and Nugget is so happy to be an only dog again! lol Xena just terrorizes her non-stop.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/15/20 12:05 PM

Good morning, be safe. Danish, Donuts, Eggs, Grits, Hash Browns, Bacon, Sausage, and Toast in the NC. hug

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/15/20 02:01 PM

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday wave
Joe, no line up Tuesday morning and checkout line quick. Was great thumbsup
Everyone stay safe and stay healthy. smile

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/15/20 03:14 PM

Good morning family, Ana, Connie, Manxman, and everyone. wave2

I hope all are well this fine day. yes

We have great weather on tap for the next week. 63 degrees today, and sunny today and tomorrow. I'm excited because I can get back to the task of painting outside. yay

Yesterday I finished the handrails on the front porch. Now I have to stain them and seal them. In the back I have to paint the whole deck and seal the rails. hamster

It's 49 degrees now so I'll wait till it warms up some more. wink

I think Missy's needing a walk first. lab

Have a fantasticly safe happy day Ana, family, Connie, Gerry, L4L, soot, MaG, Butterflybabe, Mary, Space Quest Fan , and all Boomers. wave

joe

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/15/20 03:51 PM

Wonderful Wednesday ya'll puppy

I've been cooking the books this morning and will roast the taxes this afternoon. In between, I'll take myself out for a walk.

G'son is having a friend to play this afternoon. Not too happy about it, but do know the child is loosing his mind. Will keep them away from me and wash my hands obsessively and limit the friend to g'son's room only. Life goes on.

Have a great one wavegirl

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/16/20 01:21 AM

wave

Hope everyone's Wednesday was kind to them!

sleep good sleep

lab

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/16/20 01:59 AM

watching court shows.

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/16/20 11:05 AM

Good morning, be safe. Danish, Donuts, Eggs, Grits, Hash Browns, Bacon, Sausage, and Toast in the NC. hug

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/16/20 01:49 PM

Good morning everyone. Hope you all have a Terrific Thursday. Stay safe and stay healthy catrub

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/16/20 02:57 PM

Good morning BOOMERS!!!!

Happy Thursday one and all laugh

L4L hearts

lab

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/17/20 01:33 AM

watching court shows.

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/17/20 12:01 PM

Good morning, be safe. Danish, Donuts, Eggs, Grits, Hash Browns, Bacon, Sausage, and Toast in the NC.

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/17/20 01:54 PM

Good morning everyboomie. wave2

Connie you are a rock. What would we do without you? urock

We are supposed to hit 59 degrees for a high today. That's where we are now. It's all down hill from here. slapforehead

Yesterday I got some painting done before my knees gave out, but yesterday was a beautiful day . bravo

Today we have Beau here with us to help keep the cheer going around here. puppy

I need to hurry up and finish my coffee so we can run to the park. car

Have a fantastic day everyone. thumbsup

joe

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/17/20 02:27 PM

Hope everyone has a Fantastic Friday. Keep safe and stay healthy catrub

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/17/20 08:10 PM

It's a beautiful day in our neighborhood. 76 and no wind happydance So nice when I was out for my walk.

Hubby is at the grocery store and will be home in a few minutes. Bread is rising! Chatting with my sister.

Ya'll have a great day wavegirl

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/18/20 01:13 AM

chores.

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/18/20 01:16 AM

Welcome to the weekend! Another snowy cold day here. Had 4 inches this morning. It's the second time this week. It's been a trying week mentally and it looks to be a lot more coming up, so I best put my big girl panties on and deal with it. This too shall pass...
FYI, Ms. Mercury aka Mary's daughter Diana aka Moonbeam is sick with Covid-19. Please keep her in your thoughts. hearts

manxman, I hope all is well by you.

Joe, I am so jealous of your weather!

connie, thanks for starting our day with a delicious breakfast everyday! I do appreciate you. Hope you are feeling well.

family, glad you can enjoy your show.

soot, how is working from home going?

L4L, how are you feeling?
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/18/20 09:24 AM

Good Morning Ana, Joe and everyone. I'm so sorry to hear Diana has COVID-19 . My prayers go out to Mary and Diana's family. Ana I can't believe you are getting so much snow in April. I've put the coffee on so help yourself. Glad to see the diner is still open!

Hope everyone is staying safe and sane!

Gerry

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/18/20 11:45 AM

Good morning everyone, be safe. My prayers for Diana and her family. Grocery shopping today, we will be very careful. Danish, Donuts, Eggs, Hash Browns, Bacon, Sausage, and Toast in the NC. hug

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/18/20 02:27 PM

Good Saturday morning all. wave Prayers to Diana and family. kitty
Stay safe everyone and stay healthy.

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/18/20 03:05 PM

Good Saturday morning everyone. wave2

Connie thanks again for the spread. praise

Mary I'm sorry to hear about Diana. Prayers coming for her. I hope the rest of your family stays safe. hug

Ana I'm sorry you keep getting snow. I'll try and send you some warmer air. We were cool yesterday, but today will be in the upper 60s, and 70 tomorrow. hearts

Soot are you going back to work at the office soon? smile

I'm going to be pushing to get my deck finished today when it gets warm enough. In the mean time I gotta take the dogs out for a good walk. lab

Have a fantastic weekend everyone. thumbsup

joe

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/18/20 03:48 PM

Good morning one and all

woot bacon, grits, eggs and toast in the NC ... thanks Connie

Joe, in theory I'm working from home until May 11th ... but just heard this morning the Secretary of Defense extended the "travel ban" for all military personnel from May 11th until the end of June ... don't know if that will change our 'work from home' or not ... Good luck with your deck today

Mary keeping Diana in our prayers hearts

Ana ... oh my, here it is April and snow showers are watering the flowers ... work from home is marvelous ... getting more work done actually as not so many "at work distractions!"

manXman ... wishing you a wonderful weekend too yes

Gerry ... Coffee!!!!! ...it's so good to see you happydance

Family ... best wishes with chores today ... you and me both!

L4L hug

Have a wonderful day Joe Ana Family SpaceQuestFan Gerry Connie L4L manXman ButterFlyBabe Trail_Mystic Mary and anyone else who pops in to say hi

lab

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/18/20 04:30 PM

Super Saturday Ya'll puppy

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. I never got to taxes the other day, so today is taxes til I get em done. Boys are at mom's, so house is quieter. Boy storm and weather storm will be here tomorrow, so today is must be! Hopefully, I'll get out for a walk when I'm done!

Hope you all have a wonderful day! wavegirl

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/19/20 01:01 PM

Good morning, stay safe. Danish, Donuts, Eggs, Grits, Hash Browns, Sausage, Bacon, Biscuits and Gravy, French Toast, Waffles, and Toast in the NC. hug

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/19/20 01:12 PM

Good Sunday morning to all. Looks like a dreary weather day. We will still do our daily 1 hour walk come rain or temperature.
Have a great day everyone and stay safe and healthy. catrub

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/19/20 04:52 PM

Good morning everyone laugh

We've got bad weather headed our way eek

All right Connie ... grits, bacon, toast and eggs in the NC happydance

L4L hearts

Have a wonderful day Joe Ana Family SpaceQuestFan Gerry Connie L4L manXman ButterFlyBabe Trail_Mystic Mary and anyone else who pops in to say hi wave2

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/19/20 08:20 PM

Well, soot and I headed out to walk mom, but the skies had other ideas. So we headed back home and I took my "bike" out for a ride.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day wavegirl

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/20/20 11:50 AM

Re: Joe's Saturday April 11th - 04/20/20 03:05 PM

chores.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community