GB HOMEPAGE

Drone Deliveries

Posted By: oldbroad

Drone Deliveries - 10/05/20 10:45 PM

I'm curious. Are you excited about having packages delivered via drone drops?

I'm not!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Drone Deliveries - 10/05/20 11:05 PM

It may be a while before drone drops reach my area, but there would be plenty of space to land - I am on two-and-a-half acres. I am not excited about it, but it could be interesting. I did read one article saying that it would start in low-population areas and for packages that weigh less than five pounds. I am in a low-population area.
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Drone Deliveries - 10/05/20 11:48 PM

I think it would be just too easy to shoot it down and take your stuff. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Drone Deliveries - 10/05/20 11:52 PM

I usually order books. The load would be too heavy. smile
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Drone Deliveries - 10/05/20 11:54 PM

I live out in the country and I doubt I'll ever see it! It would be interesting though!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Drone Deliveries - 10/05/20 11:59 PM

Well, given the way the amazon deliveries are thrown on my stoop some days, it may be better than some drivers. lol However, I am not really of a fan of the idea.

Ana wave
Posted By: butterflybabe

Re: Drone Deliveries - 10/06/20 04:58 PM

I agree that it would be interesting, but I can't see it being very practical in the long run; at least not for everything.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Drone Deliveries - 10/06/20 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by hagatha
I think it would be just too easy to shoot it down and take your stuff. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

That occurred to me, too, hagatha !! rolleyes
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Drone Deliveries - 10/06/20 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mad
Originally Posted by hagatha

That occurred to me, too, hagatha !! rolleyes

Maybe it's because we play Action/RPGs. We ALWAYS think about the best way to shoot at something and take someone's else's stuff. grin
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Drone Deliveries - 10/06/20 08:03 PM

I just keep thinking about the scene from Terminator 3 when SkyNet takes over. Shooting at drones, probably not a good idea, since they might start shooting back! grin

Terminator 3 Skynet Takes Over scared
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Drone Deliveries - 10/07/20 07:02 PM

Thanks for your input everyone.

Draclvr, I would think you would be among the first to see it, being out in the country. By my house, I can see packages stuck in trees and on roofs, hitting people on the head, or landing in dog poop that nobody cleaned up.

Ana, I don't care for the Amazon drivers. I really prefer FedEx, UPS, or USPS, although FedEx threw an (unexpected) envelope on my porch one day without ringing the bell. Fortunately, my brother found it as it was a rather important piece of mail. I'd rather wait a day or two for my deliveries.

I read that Walmart is looking into this also, as they are trying to compete with Amazon. wave

Re: Drone Deliveries - 10/07/20 08:04 PM

Out where I live, I have never seen Amazon drivers. We don't have them here.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Drone Deliveries - 10/07/20 08:50 PM

Same here, Marian. All Amazon deliveries are by UPS. My drivers are super nice and put my boxes in the garage for me. I also get all the package deliveries for Longmeadow, the horse rescue down the road. The UPS route normally comes by here late in the day and their big electronic gates close at 4:30. So I get all their deliveries here and run them down. It's worked out well because they can even order vaccines which are temperature sensitive on-line. He delivered two large boxes with two 5-gallon jugs of fly spray and moved them right from his dolly to the back of my truck last week. So I get a lot of deliveries here and my regular driver is the best.

Re: Drone Deliveries - 10/07/20 09:23 PM

That sounds like a really nice arrangement, Drac!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community