GB HOMEPAGE

Halt and Catch Fire

Posted By: nolalou

Halt and Catch Fire - 12/04/20 08:27 PM

I've been watching a Netflix series called Halt and Catch Fire that adventure gamers might find interesting. The show is based in the early 1980s. The first season deals with a small Texas based technology company that is trying to get into the portable computer business, beating out IBM. The staff of the company get into playing text based adventures and even the company CEO is hooked. The second season deals with an upstart computer gaming company focusing on adventure games that can be played online when the concept of online gaming was a fairly new thing, Interesting characters and plot from computer 'nerds', hot shot salesmen, and a married couple of computer engineers. There are some adult themes but nothing overly graphic. (at least so far, I'm in the middle of season 2)
Posted By: Marian

Re: Halt and Catch Fire - 12/04/20 08:50 PM

My son watched this series and told me he liked it. Thank you for the recommendation.

Hope all is well with you. wave12
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Halt and Catch Fire - 12/04/20 09:17 PM

That sounds pretty interesting, nolalou!
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Halt and Catch Fire - 12/06/20 04:35 AM

Ii was talking to a friend about this one today, coincidentally.

He thought I'd enjoy it because I'm a gamer who started playing computer games in 1984, on my first IBM PC -- remember the Zork games? -- so it seems like it would be right up my alley. I've put it on my list.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community