GB HOMEPAGE

Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/15/21 02:30 AM

Here is the shiny new Break Room for you to share your daily thoughts, conversational chit-chat, maybe a joke or two and all the little things that really don't need its own thread.

There are plenty of seats available, so don't be shy and come chat!

Who is going to be first to break the ice?

Ana wave
Posted By: family

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/15/21 02:48 AM

same thing.
Posted By: soot

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/15/21 03:04 AM

woot Family ... way to go ... urock ... you were #1 ... enjoy your shows and git your chores done early!!

Work has me hopping on one leg and hanging papers on the wall with one arm tied behind my back ... keeps me busy lol

Good night all wave

see you tomorrow sleep
Posted By: Chief

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/15/21 03:34 AM

What to do tomorrow: my wife and I will take off the Christmas lights that we have on our galery, but we will keep the decorations
that we have inside for a few more days. happydance12

We are expecting some snow in the week-end, so that will keep us busy.

All have a good day on Friday. wave
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/15/21 06:17 AM

I don't do the same thing that family does everyday, but I do basically do the same thing everyday - sit at my computer. Emails, news stories, game selling sites, GameBoomers, and game playing. Talk to a friend on the phone, 1/2 hour of family time with my brother in the evening, and sometimes a bit of television. The other things I want to do never seem to get done.

soot, I do not miss work one bit!

Chief, it's nice to see you back.
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/15/21 07:10 AM

ah Break Room, now to grab a Coffee, sit back and relax. Hey Chief, were expecting a lot of Snow here starting Friday night and ending Saturday night, anywhere from 15 to 30cm, whoopie, lots of fun hardwall

Mad, hope you are not too disappointed for not using Mad Hatter, it was a good one lol
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/15/21 12:06 PM

Good morning, I’m enjoying my first cup of coffee this morning. I have to go get a new battery for my Volvo today. The last one lasted for 8 years. About time for a new one .
Posted By: connie

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/15/21 12:26 PM

Good morning, drinking coffee and surfing the net. Not too much on the agenda for today. I left some Danish and Donuts by the coffee pot. smile

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/15/21 02:10 PM

Woohoo! Look at you all here! I love it!

It's Friday, a long workday for me, I work tomorrow as usual also, but I'm done by noonish and then it's officially the weekend for me.
We had a ton of graupel fall this morning. So heavy it made pinging noises like we had a tin roof. Then it changed to big snowflakes, and now it's a sleet/snow combo. It's going to be a fun day working outside. lol

Catch you all later!
Posted By: TLC

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/15/21 04:10 PM

Just popping in to say hi! I have no plans for the day, just lots of R&R for the next few weeks. Might play a game today but that's about it. Have a great day, everyone. wavegirl
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/15/21 04:20 PM

Fantastic Friday ya'll puppy

Ana, I heard the weatherman yesterday talking about graupel. Not sure I'd heard the word before that! I envy you the dogs, but not the weather. Enjoy!

It is sunny and beautiful out, but WINDY, so I may work out in the bedroom. Hate to miss the sunshine, but wind does very unkind things to my sinuses. I found a lady on Youtube who seems to have workouts that will be fun and won't kill me, so think I might just give one of those a try today.

TLC, enjoy the R&R. Sometimes, that is hard to come by.

Have a great one ya'll wavegirl

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/15/21 07:31 PM

Good afternoon everybody laugh I am totally enjoying this T.G.I.F. as I took the day off from work. Ran some errands for WOM this morning and now working home projects this afternoon ... but first I think it's time for some gardening, music, a Danish and coffee

wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/15/21 11:41 PM

Thank you for the NEW ROOM BrownEyedTigre ✅

(And Starcom .... I am happy to "go with the flow" ;))

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/15/21 11:49 PM

playoffs and chores.
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/16/21 03:42 AM

Hey, everyone. Happy Friday.

So today I decided it was time to clear out my closet, and boy, do I wish I hadn't. I have my own walk-in closet and it's starting to be more like a "clear-your-way-with-a machete" closet. blush I never did do a real cleanout after we moved here because of my husband's illness, so it's like a jungle in there.

And where did I get all those shoes and boots? And purses? Some of them are from my working years and I suppose that makes sense, but still, it's a bit embarrassing. And what's with the red brocade Fluevog boots? They're lovely, but, still...Why did I think I had to have those? lol

Looks like our local Women's Transition House is about to get a bag of some really good stuff!

Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/16/21 08:48 AM

Good Saturday Morning Ana, family, soot, chief, oldbroad, Starcom, Winfrey, Connie TLC, L4L, Mad, hagatha and all in the GB Break Room today. Its a rainy day for us this morning. Great day for gaming and watching movies. later I hope to take a walk in the rain.... love walking in the rain. smile

I put on a fresh pot of coffee and some English Breakfast tea for the earlier risers. Connie will be along with the danish I'm sure.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend.

Gerry catrub

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/16/21 01:15 PM

Good morning, enjoy the weekend. Shopping today is on the agenda. Working the kitchen for our dinner at the Eagles tonight, Trivia to follow. I left some Danish and Donuts to go with the coffee and tea Gerry provided. winter

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/16/21 03:19 PM

Good morning to you all.

We should get around 10 to 12 inches of snow. happydance12

I can send some to anyone. It's free. thumbsup

All have a good day. joy

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/16/21 03:28 PM

hagatha, It's amazing what you can accumulate! Glad you have a good place to donate to.

connie, sounds like a full day!

Gerry, unless it's a hot summer day, rain is only my favorite to watch from indoors. Winter rain is my worst days to have to be out in! Enjoy your walk.

Mad, good to see you here!

soot, enjoy your long weekend! Do you get Monday off too?

L4L, we get graupel here a few times a winter. It hurts when it hits you. lol I prefer snow. Hope you have a nice weather day to get out.

TLC, hope you are healing well!

Winfrey, I can't believe you had one battery for 8 years! That's impressive!

starcom, how is the snow situation?

chief, enjoy your snowy weekend!

oldbroad, it's nice having a day to do whatever you like!

family, enjoy!

My client cancelled today so I am officially off till Monday! Woohoo! Just my boarder to take care of, but he's a big love!
Have a great day all!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/16/21 03:37 PM

Super Saturday ya'll puppy

It's a beautiful day with lots of blue skies, but lots of wind and it's cold out there. I'm taking a bedcation (as much as I can manage). Gonna read the whole paper and play a game and watch the news.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

wavegirl

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/16/21 04:03 PM

lab
Hey Ho and Good morning Mad Family Hagatha Gerry Connie Chief Ana L4L and anyone else that happens to need a break

Mad, I go with the flow quite often as it's not just not worth the frustration or stress

Family, we'll be watching the playoffs too

Hagatha, I need to do a deep clean too ...

Enjoy your walk Gerry ... and thank you for the English Breakfast tea

Connie, be safe while shopping and have fun at Eagles tonight ... I'll have a Danish to go please

Chief, send the snow down here ... the grand kids will love it and we'll have 'snow days'

Hey Ana, yes get Monday off too and looking forward to the time to work on projects ... enjoy you time off with your boarder
L4L ... yes, it's breezy for sure hearts

Have a great Saturday everyone ... I'm off to garden, listen to my music and work projects ... the stuff of weekend life! laugh

wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/16/21 06:11 PM

Chief I'll take some of that snow.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/16/21 06:34 PM

Good morning, all.

Chief, I've almost forgotten what an eastern Canada winter is like -- I moved to BC about 40 years ago and on the coast "winter" is really just a very, very long rainy day. I do miss those really crisp snowy days sometimes, going out cross-country skiing. When it snows here it's damp and slushy and miserable and we're terrible wimps here. If we get 1/2 inch of snow everyone panics and stays home from work.

I recently discovered the joys of stove-top espresso pots, so I'm off to make myself a cappuccino and then play Skyrim.
Posted By: butterflybabe

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/16/21 06:39 PM

What a nice start to this new gathering of friends from all over wave2

Unfortunately, I've some worrisome news to share. Some of you may recall that, last Fall, the vet noticed a problem with my dog, Huey's, left eyelid drooping. It's was initially diagnosed as Horner's syndrome, like partial face paralysis that also affects humans, and told to get an MRI. I took him to a neurologist who determined that, if something was going on, it was too early to tell. Lately, even though his appetite hasn't changed, periodically he won't digest it properly, and he looked to be loosing weight. Took to vet yesterday and she confirmed that he has lost some weight and appears gaunt in his ribs and shoulders. She took some blood to see if she could spot anything. Meanwhile, I've got a call in to the neurologist. Unless the vet sees something, it's time for that MRI.

The neurologist's suggestion came from her few minutes with Huey who acted much more normal than her other sicker patients. Lately, I've realized that that's just his nature. No matter what is going on, he's a happy go lucky dog. Even when he's sick, he's still peppy.

I'm hoping whatever ice and snow may be coming will wait until that is done. I can handle the cold; just don't want to drive in crappy weather.

puppy

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/16/21 08:05 PM

hagatha, I'm indeed in the Montréal region, born here and still living here. yes

Sometime snow is fun but today that means shovel and snow from the street being pushed on the side of the car. yes

Thats life.

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/16/21 08:58 PM

I love Montreal. It's a foodie and fashionista heaven. Back when I lived in Toronto my job took me to Montreal occasionally and I always tacked on a weekend just for the food.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/16/21 10:06 PM

Hello to everyone in this great forum.
Chief, I feel your pain re: Snowfall
BrownEyedTigre, Lots of snow but with the Mild weather today and some Snow and Rain mix made the Snow very heavy and slippery, so unlike Chief, I cannot send it to anyone, too heavy duhand wet to ship.
Take care everyone, stay safe...

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/17/21 12:48 AM

same thing.
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/17/21 12:57 AM

We had a bit of snow today. Unfortunately I had to work from 14:30 to 23:00. It started as I entered the city where I work. It looked lovely at around breaktime but a lot was already gone by the time I got off work.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/17/21 12:28 PM

Good morning, have a Lovely Sunday. Butterflybabe, I hope they can help your dog, sending Positive thoughts. Breakfast out this morning. Danish and Donuts to go with Gerry's coffee and tea. winter

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/17/21 03:05 PM

Super Sunday ya'll puppy

Having a lovely morning of sitting, sipping, surfing, and newspaper reading. Ahhhh!

I saw some bright sun out the window, so will have to check the wind and temp later.

Hope you have a wonderful day wavegirl

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/17/21 03:56 PM

Good morning everyone and Happy Sunday to one and all. We started the day below freezing which does happen occasionally down here but glad it is only 'occasionally.' I'll continue with projects today with liberal amounts of music to keep me going. In the meantime, I'm off to garden.

Hagatha ... yum yum stove-top espresso! sounds wonderful

ButterFlyBabe ... keeping you and Huey in my daily prayers

Chief ... yes, snow piled like that in the street is a pain! Extra work involved to free the car and/or driveway

Hello Starcom ... totally understand the logistics involved in shipping wet n' heavy snow ... it's the thought that counts

Family, enjoy the playoff games today

Hello Jarkeld ... happy you were able to enjoy the snow's beauty before it melted ... I have many fond memories of that scene

Connie ... enjoy breakfast out ... enjoy ... I'll have a Danish to go with a cup of Gerry's coffee
L4L hearts

Have a great Sunday everyone
wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/17/21 05:24 PM

Good afternoon to all.

soot, I have a car shelter for my car, so no snow in the driveway. joy

I just came back in the house after pushing off the snow from the top of the shelter. Heavy snow. mad

Looking to watch the 2 football games. Of course I did not miss yesterday's games. thumbsup

Have a good Sunday everyone.

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/17/21 09:17 PM

Hi everyone. We haven't had too much snow here and I am hoping that it is not saving itself to come down in torrential flooding rains come spring. I usually like winter and even gloom but this winter is especially gloomy and is even getting to me! I have also noticed that there are no birds here anymore. I usually still see and hear birds in the winter, but nothing this year. Not a sparrow, nor a cardinal, nor a crow. headscratch
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/17/21 09:37 PM

We have noticed the same thing around here. Where are all the birds? I still have them, but nothing like usual.
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/17/21 11:30 PM

The birds must have come to my yard here in New Jersey. 🐦 Cardinals, bluejays, chickadees, tufted titmouses (titmice?), white-throated and house sparrows, a flicker, two white-breasted nuthatches, mourning doves, and several very plump squirrels come to my feeder every day. Since I moved my computer by the back window, I have a ringside seat to all their comings and goings. I do have to get some new decals for the window, however, because the birds sometimes fly into them. A couple of weeks ago I was looking at my computer and nearly jumped out of my seat when a hunting peregrine falcon hit the window with prey in its talons. Fortunately, the prey hit first, and the peregrine didn't seem hurt afterwards.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/17/21 11:35 PM

I go through about 100 pounds of black oil sunflower seeds. thistle, suet, peanuts, and whole corm kernels a week. My yard is full of hundreds of birds a day! I have a resident coopers hawk that stalks my yard but you can always tell if he's there because the yard is quiet.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/17/21 11:51 PM

Well, I just asked my brother and he said he sees lots of birds in the alley when he goes out. I don't know why they're not in my yard anymore like they used to be. duh
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/18/21 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by BrownEyedTigre
I go through about 100 pounds of black oil sunflower seeds. thistle, suet, peanuts, and whole corm kernels a week. My yard is full of hundreds of birds a day! I have a resident coopers hawk that stalks my yard but you can always tell if he's there because the yard is quiet.

We had a pair of Cooper's Hawks nesting in one of the trees in the back yard earlier this year. They tend to make it an end day ritual to scope out the "back 40" in the evenings, just before the Great Horned owls come out. We put our feeders further back this year to discourage rabbits from nesting under our deck, and reduce the vole population that shows up every winter. So as a result, the prey birds are hanging out in the back trees looking for dinner. We also had to try to keep the rabbits away because we found out Rukia has an appetite for them. She pulled one out of a hole in the park near our house and had it bitten in half before I could figure out what she was doing. It was right in front of a couple with their little kids too. Oops blush

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/18/21 12:57 AM

court shows and even perry mason, and chores, starting with perry mason, america court with judge kevin ross, the people court, judge greg mathis, justice with judge mablean ,the verdict with judge hatchett, judge judy.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/18/21 01:03 AM

shame Rukia.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/18/21 03:34 AM

Oh Rukia shame, if you keep that up your Master will have to change your name to
Elmer Fudd. haha

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/18/21 05:20 AM

We're pretty much bird heaven here, with out mild winters. We have a vast assortment of birdlife here; Towhees, Robins, various sparrows, finches and chickadees, woodpeckers and Flickers, and the ubiquitous pigeon, as well as several Bald Eagles and hawks. We go through vast quantities of seed and suet.

We also have over-wintering hummingbirds, the Anna's hummingbird. They're supposed to go south, of course, but people feed them into the Autumn and they stay. It's dangerous for them if we get a cold snap and the feeders freeze, but I found a site online that sells heated hummingbird feeders, and they work like a charm. We've got about a dozen hummingbirds this winter, all very happy and well-fed. One thing about hummingbirds; they're bossy. People get chattered at and and buzzed when they come into our yard. I put a feeder in our front door alcove and the hummingbird who claimed it is very territorial.

My cat has resigned herself to having to watch from afar, as the hummingbirds are onto her now and as soon as she goes out onto the balcony they retreat to their tree and scold her mercilessly. Most amusing.

We have bunnies, too. They ate my garden. Send Rukia my way.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/18/21 12:23 PM

Good morning, enjoy the new week. Most of the birds we used to see don't come around any more. Not sure why we always had such a variety of birds. Lunch and watching A Discovery of Witches with a friend today. Meeting at the Eagles tonight. Danish and donuts to go with Gerry's coffee and tea. happydance12

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/18/21 05:00 PM

Not too many bird in the air by me. Instead, there is a small man-made retention pond that attracts ducks from Spring thru Fall. They are interesting to watch but a royal nuisance. Despite a 'no feeding' sign, every once on a while some folks from outside the cul-de-sac bring their kids over to look a them and leave food. This has caused the ducks to roam close to the nearby homes. One morning a woman had to shoo the ducks from in from of her garage door so she could go to work. They're not aggressive just bold enough to liberally walk the sidewalks when people are out.

We get lots of squirrels, a few rabbits and some homes have traps for possum. Only once have I seen a skunk but no odors. Years ago, rabbits would bury their babies in the lawn mulch my ex used in areas of the yard. One day, I looked out the back door and saw our dog with young rabbit hanging out of his mouth. He had sniffed out the nest and found the 'play toys'. I got him to drop what he was carrying and go back into the house. I walked around and found 6 more young dead rabbits. I know he just wanted to chase them but their back break easily. Thankfully, that never happened again.
Posted By: MsMercury

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/18/21 06:12 PM

Hello Boomers, hope you are all well and staying safe!

Ana, I love the new Break Room! It's full of lovely people! hearts

Been a bit down in the dumps recently so I've been lurking and not posting. Everything just got on top of me; hubby's illness, another lockdown and having to rely on our kids. Things will have to change, I don't like feeling like that!

Butterflybabe, I hope your wee dog will be okay. hearts We lost ours last year and miss her so much. sad

Ebjoy the rest of your day guys!

Much love,

Mary hearts

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/18/21 09:12 PM

Back from a run at the park on a very beautiful day. Blue skies, no clouds, but there was a small breeze...well, the weatherman called it small....Felt a bit more significant than that to me. Felt nice to get out there and run after a few days of not being able to.

The oven is cleaning itself so I'm staying the bedroom as that operation, as much as I love it, hurts my head and chest.

Hi ya Mary wavegirl

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/19/21 01:43 AM

same thing, and grocery shopping.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/19/21 02:30 AM

We had a good day here today, I put a trap out for an abandoned young cat with a collar on that was getting tight and I caught her within an hour! She is now at our local wildlife rehabber and will be scanned for a chip and get vaccines etc. She was a very unhappy camper so I hope she settles down so she can get adopted instead of returned outside without her collar.

So good to see you all here!
I have to finish up my mail and then it's a little bit of game time!
Have a great night!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/19/21 03:25 AM

We had a good day here today, I put a trap out for an abandoned young cat with a collar on that was getting tight and I caught her within an hour! She is now at our local wildlife rehabber and will be scanned for a chip and get vaccines etc. She was a very unhappy camper so I hope she settles down so she can get adopted instead of returned outside without her collar.

Nice job Ana thumbsup

This is the first year we aren't putting up our winter feral shelters cuz of Rukia. I don't think she'd appreciate kitties sharing her territory grin

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/19/21 07:11 AM

Thank you TM. Biting cute little bunnies in half is bad enough. Please don't ever post about her doing that to a cat. blackkitty

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/19/21 12:08 PM

Good morning, enjoy the day. Danish and donuts to go with Gerry's coffee and tea. penguin

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/19/21 04:07 PM

I'll go with connie: good morning and have a nice day. joy

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/19/21 04:12 PM

Good job, Ana

Trail, is Rukia not cat friendly?

We had roofers here this morning and I've been seasoning a cast iron pan. Will be doing some laundry, some walking, some stretching, and hopefully, some playing later.

Have a great one all wavegirl

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/19/21 05:46 PM

I've been sad and concerned about my dog and a friend of mine who is dealing with a lousy boss (I got away from that boss when I retired) and had hopes of moving to another position, but it didn't happen.

This morning I was delighted to hear from another friend of mine who had moved in with her boyfriend last year. She'd been planning a party for his 50th birthday in June 1. The other day he suggested that, instead of planning a party for him, they plan for a wedding. So they'll be married in a few months.

Doesn't directly affect me but, it was just good to hear someone else having some awesome news.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/19/21 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by looney4labs

Trail, is Rukia not cat friendly?

Due to current conditions, she's been socialized with the neighbors dogs, so she's great around most other dogs. The only cats she's seen are the feral farm cats that we have in some abundance around here, and she sees them as a threat to her territory. Her hackles go up, and she growl/howl/barks at them. She maybe part Lab, but her mom was mostly Pyrenees with a little Australian Coolie and Bull Mastiff. Her temperament and general behavior is solidly from her mother's side. Any animal smaller than the dogs with which she's familiar is a territorial issue or looked at as quarry. The only exceptions are our neighbor's Lhasas across the street. They love her because they also have a big Austrian Shepard whom Rukia gets along with gangbusters. Hard to get her out of that without having domestic examples to train her down, so we just have to keep her on a short least when other smaller dogs she's not familiar with go by. Unfortunately, they tend to be more aggressive than she is, and the stance she takes around them is a little on the intimidating side. It's so weird how amazingly sweet and tender she is with us and the neighbors, but outside of that circle, watch out. Lucky, she doesn't pursue animals out of the yard when she's off leash, she just chases them to the border.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/19/21 08:36 PM

Yep, little dogs always amaze me at how they charge aggressively at bigger dogs. Happens to me all the time, and owners just watch like, "Isn't that cute" That's good that she doesn't pursue outside of the yard. lab How old is she now?

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/19/21 10:12 PM

She's 1 year, 2 months at the end of this month and about 75lbs of muscle. Vet says most Pyradors level out between 65 and 100 lbs, but because she's got some mastiff, she might get a bit larger. From the picture I saw, her mom was huge. Her dad must have been a pretty tenacious Lab lol

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/20/21 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Trail_Mystic
She's 1 year, 2 months at the end of this month and about 75lbs of muscle. Vet says most Pyradors level out between 65 and 100 lbs, but because she's got some mastiff, she might get a bit larger. From the picture I saw, her mom was huge. Her dad must have been a pretty tenacious Lab lol
rotfl

My neighbor's daughter used to raise mastiffs, and they were the sweetest dogs! I love big dogs.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/20/21 12:34 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/20/21 11:35 AM

Dinner and karaoke with friends tonight. Danish and donuts to go with the coffee and tea Gerry brings. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/20/21 08:12 PM

Busy busy day here. Lil Soot and I have done a couple of miles in the neighborhood. Son is sick in bed. I'm about to turn into g'son taxi, so just a quick stop in to wavegirl

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/20/21 11:21 PM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/20/21 11:35 PM

Hello everyone and good evening ... seems to me life has sped up in '21 ... is it just me I wonder? lol Finishing up the day with projects here at home after an early day to work ... life is good ... getting ready to wind down for the evening ... wishing you all a wonderful evening

sleep
Posted By: ScarletDragon

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/21/21 02:40 AM

I got up early this morning and got dressed so I could drive a friend to her doctor's appointment. Turned out she had cancelled the appointment but forget to tell me. Yippee for me.

I'm retired and living the dream in Florida now. Friends, family and coworkers all said I would never be happy in retirement, but I've certainly proved all of them wrong. I'm loving every day of blissful freedom to do exactly as I please. I worked nights for so many years that now when the sun goes down, I settle into my easy chair and have no desire to leave the house. I was here 3 months and never once drove after dark. I have to admit I am getting a little tired of the Covid-19 restrictions. There are so many interesting places in Florida to explore, but I'm staying home until the vaccine has stamped out that pesky pandemic.

One benefit of staying home is that I have been hitting the Big Fish games pretty hard lately. Felix probably loves me.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/21/21 12:48 PM

Good morning, enjoy the day. I left some Danish and Donuts to go with Gerry's coffee and tea. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/21/21 01:14 PM

lab
Good morning everyone ... I am ready to tackle the day as I have a Danish to go with a cup of Gerry's coffee woot

Full schedule on my plate at work and at home ... nothing new

L4L hearts
Have a great day Connie ScarletDragon TrailMystic Family ButterFlyBabe Chief OldBroad Ana Mary and anyone else who gets the chance to pops in and say hi
wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/21/21 02:13 PM

Good morning, indeed. thumbsup

New day, new snow, probably a walk, some exercices, a bit of work at GB, some TV and .......what ever comes around. happydance

Enjoy your day.

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/21/21 03:41 PM

The eternal rain actually stopped for an hour or so today !!!! shocked Am flabbergasted yes

But I feel so sorry for those here in the UK currently suffering flooding. This short respite won't help them much sad

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/21/21 05:21 PM

Hey everyone. Happy Wednesday.

Mad, your weather sounds like our weather, Rain, rain, and then more rain. We call it the "Wet Coast." There was a break in the weather a couple of days ago, though, and we managed to get out for a few hours of boating, followed by a much-needed warm-up in front of the fire.

ScartletDragon, I'm with you. This retirement gig is the best! Anyone who thinks retirement is boring doesn't have enough hobbies or interests.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/21/21 05:25 PM

Thumping good Thursday ya'll

We have a rainy, drippy day but it is not cold. I'll be walking the wee man later, and then keeping myself busy and exercising in the bedroom. Soot and I have Bible study tonight, and I hope to play a bit later today.

Mad, I'm so sorry you all are flooding. I had not heard

Have a good day ya'll puppy

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/21/21 07:21 PM

Yes. Quite a few parts of the UK are experiencing dangerous flooding right now and having to evacuate their homes.

Not Good !! eek

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/21/21 09:26 PM

I hadn't seen that either Mad. Sorry to hear about it and glad you are not having that problem.

We have actually had some sun the last two days, though it hasn't really helped motivate me like I hoped it would. smirk

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/21/21 11:00 PM

Yuck ... flooding is never good! We'll keep you all in our thoughts and prayers Mad!! angel

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/21/21 11:59 PM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/22/21 12:17 PM

lab
Good morning everyone, yes, you are reading the calendar correctly, it is T.G.I.F. Friday all day woot

I'm off to work in the rain today and will grab a Danish from Connie and coffee from Gerry on the way in

Family, get those chores done and then enjoy Perry Mason

Mary, I'm keeping you and hubby in my thoughts and prayers today and every day in fact angel

Chief, Hagatha, OldBroad, Gerry, Mad (happy birthday too) Connie, ScarletDragon, TrailMystic, Family, ButterFlyBabe, Ana and Mary stay safe today while you're out n about

wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/22/21 12:28 PM

Good morning, donuts and danish to go with Gerry's tea and coffee. Have a Lovely day everyone. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/22/21 05:56 PM

Rainy and icky out there, but not cold! Nearly 60.

I am hanging in the bedroom surfing, reading, and doing a little exercise. Little Soot will force me out later to take him walking. lab Til then, lazy it is

Have a great day all wavegirl

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/23/21 01:11 AM

sports and chores.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/23/21 02:53 AM

Currently working the nightshift again. Did a 20km bike ride today. Quite a bit of sun but the wind was a bit more than i would have liked. But the signs of renewal of the natural world made up for that.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/23/21 03:19 AM

We've entered that below zero (Fahrenheit) time of year, so just working to stay warm. -2 tonight, but wind chills will only be around -5 or -10, so sweaters are optional lol

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/23/21 09:09 AM

Good Morning soot, Connie, L4L, family, Jarkeld, Trail_Mystis, Ana, and everyone. Welcome to Saturday's GB Break Room. Coffee and tea are ready. I'm on my 2nd cup already. Waiting for Connie's delicious breakfast.

Enjoy your weekend everyone. wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/23/21 12:58 PM

Good morning, shopping is on the agenda today. Dinner and karaoke tonight at the Eagles. Danish and donuts to go with Gerry's coffee. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/23/21 02:04 PM

playoffs and chores.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/23/21 02:39 PM

Good morning to you all and happy Week-End. happydance

Football Sunday and a good walk and exercice today along with some TV and some Mulawa jigsaw puzzle. thumbsup

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/23/21 02:59 PM

lab
Good morning everyone ... the weekend is here woot

Chief, looks like you and I have the same basic game plan ... although I must admit I'm not sure of "some Mulawa puzzle" ... is that like a jigsaw puzzle of sorts?

You and me both Family!

Connie, I am following your lead with a little shopping along with my chores and projects

Gerry I'm ready for my third cup

shocked Oh my Trail ... that is cold

Jarkeld ... oh yes, a 20K ride like yours outdoors would be incredible with nature as your backdrop ... sounds wonderful

I'm off to chores and projects duty for the day accompanied with my music but first it's time for some puzzling in the Garden
L4L hearts

Have a wonderful day Chief, Family, Connie, Gerry, TrailMystic, Jarkeld, Ana, Mary and anyone else taking a break today laugh

penguin

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/23/21 03:15 PM

Good morning and Super Saturday ya'll puppy

I see blue skies and bright sun. Just waiting for the temps to get up a bit....40's waiting for 60's...and then I'll head to the park for a run. Might even go when it's in the 50's. My hat is off to all ya'll dealing with the cold cold temps. I'm looking forward to getting outside today as the rain will be back next week.

We had super yummy hot and sour soup last night made by son.

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. Perhaps some playing, or some reading. We shall see.

Whatever it brings to you, I hope it's amazing wavegirl

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/23/21 05:04 PM

soot, you are right: jigsaw puzzle it is. joy

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/23/21 05:42 PM

Got up to a light dusting of snow this morning - which in my North facing (rear) garden is still sitting there now, at 6pm..

And to step out a door, front or back, all day, could have been likened to stepping into a freezer eek

So I have declined to so do !! lol

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/23/21 09:29 PM

We, too are having a cold snap and are expecting our first snowfall of the year. I'm going out to check on the state of my heated hummingbird feeders; making sure the food is topped up and bulbs still lit.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/23/21 10:16 PM

Hagatha, you have hummingbirds this time of year?

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/23/21 10:45 PM

Holy cow! Hummingbirds?! Mine fled to Central America on September 5th this year, a full week earlier than usual!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/24/21 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Draclvr
Holy cow! Hummingbirds?! Mine fled to Central America on September 5th this year, a full week earlier than usual!

I know seems weird eh, cuz they're such little things. There are actually northern Hummingbirds that live in Alaska. Rufous is the one I can think of off-hand, but I think there are a couple more. They migrate down to our neck of the woods in winter, so not surprised they'd be near a maritime climate.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/24/21 01:34 AM

hagatha mentioned them in a prior post "Anna's hummingbirds".

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/24/21 02:00 AM

Yes. We have Anna's Hummingbirds through the winter here on the coast.

The Rufous Hummingbirds all go south, but the Anna's will stay here because we have mild winters. Unfortunately, if we do get a cold snap, they starve because the feeders freeze, although we do have some winterblooming plants (like Mahonia).

In past years I've used old wool socks with the feet cut off and hand warmers between the sock and the feeder, but then I discovered this website that sells heated feeders. It's a family run business in, I believe, Minnesota, and the feeders are awesome! I've got them everywhere and I've given to my neighbours, so we have some very happy, healthy Anna's roaring around.

We are expecting snow, as I said, and we've had some very clear, cold days, so I'm expecting the regular feeders will freeze tonight.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/24/21 12:30 PM

Good morning, have a Lovely Sunday. Breakfast out this morning. Danish, coffee cake, and donuts to go with Gerry's coffee and tea. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/24/21 01:32 PM

Good morning! I've had a 3 month old puppy here since Friday. He is absolutely adorable and such a love, but I am so lacking in sleep. lol Good thing he's so cute!

Happy Sunday all!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/24/21 03:14 PM

Such cool info about hummingbirds. I learned something happydance

It's a beautiful day her, so I'm planning a hill walk today. I pushed pretty hard yesterday so will drop it back a notch today. Will wait til it warms up just a bit though.

Ana, 3 month old puppies are so adorable, but I can imagine that it is very tiring. When is he going home?

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/24/21 03:27 PM

lab

Wow Hagatha ... that is so cool to have Hummingbirds year round and your care for them is exceptional

Yes Trail_Mystic that makes perfect sense given the milder maritime climate ... that is so cool to have those little guys year round

Mad ... stay inside where it's warm and stay safe over there

Thanks OldBroad ... I totally missed that post last Sunday headscratch

Good morning Connie, I'm up for some coffee cake to go with Gerry's coffee this morning laugh

Ana, I'll bet you didn't get much done this weekend other than playing with that 3 month old thumbsup

L4L hearts

Have a great day Draclvr, Chief, Family, Connie, Gerry, TrailMystic, Ana, Mary, Hagatha, OldBroad, Mad

wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/24/21 04:05 PM

Good morning! I've had a 3 month old puppy here since Friday. He is absolutely adorable and such a love, but I am so lacking in sleep. lol Good thing he's so cute!

Happy Sunday all!

There is nothing cuter than a puppy or a kitten. Nothing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/24/21 05:10 PM

thumbsup Hagatha ... you are absolutely correct about puppies and kittens!!!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/24/21 07:13 PM

I have bird visitors all year but in the Winter they are mainly a mix of "hardy" garden birds - plus the ever present pesky squirrels, of course, who come to steal the seed I hang out !! lol

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/24/21 07:26 PM

For those that want to see the puppy, I have photos of him up on Instagram. CLICK HERE You don't need an account to view. If you click on a photo that has a white square in the upper right, it means there are more photos. Click on the little arrow that is on the photo to see them. I have another puppy coming for Spring Break. He was born Christmas Eve. I'll have him for 8 days. lol I'm not seeing much sleep for me that week.

Ana wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/24/21 09:49 PM

I think you can only see the main page photos. When I click on one, I get the "sign in" box.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/24/21 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by oldbroad
I think you can only see the main page photos. When I click on one, I get the "sign in" box.

Bummer! Can you at least see the Cavalier? He is the second photo.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/24/21 10:06 PM

Well, I can't get in there now at all. I think I clicked too much in there already, but I had seen a full page of photos. When I scrolled down I got the sign in box and when I tried to click a photo with more photos, I got the sign in box.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/24/21 11:21 PM

That's too bad, it used to be the one place I could share photos that anyone could see.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/24/21 11:41 PM

We're going to the Super Bowl in our home stadium. Congrats Bucs you've come a long way. rah Thanks Tom Brady and the whole Buc team. bravo

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/25/21 01:04 AM

court shows and even perry mason, and chores, starting with perry mason, america court with judge kevin ross, the people court, judge greg mathis, justice with judge mablean ,the verdict with judge hatchett, judge judy.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/25/21 02:26 AM

I got in and saw the Cavalier (too cute) thank you but clicking to go further required a "sign in".

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/25/21 02:58 AM

At least you saw the puppy, Mad! My house is quiet now, just Nugget getting off a two week stretch of boarders. She will enjoy some peace and quiet now.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/25/21 12:37 PM

Good morning enjoy the new week. Lunch and Netflix with a friend. First we will watch the latest episode of a Discovery of Witches on Sundance now. Robert gets installed into the Eagles tonight. Danish and donuts to go with Gerry's coffee and tea. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/25/21 01:51 PM

Good morning and a great week for everyone. happydance

A visit at the dentist this morning eek and a nice 8 degre F to go along with it. shiver

You can bet that I will stay home after that.

Take care. thumbsup

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/25/21 02:58 PM

Good morning and wishing you all a Magnificent Monday, puppy

It's misty out there right now but the weatherman assures us we will be in the 70's later, so I'll do some stretching in the house, and head outside when the sun finds us.

Connie, Have you read the books?

Family, my mom loved those court shows too.

Son was in the kitchen putting dinner in the crock pot, so I came up to my bedroom to eat breakfast and watch news. Too noisy in the kitchen with the vent fan on high, etc. Bedroom is quieter, and warmer.

Chief, good luck at the dentist wavegirl

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/25/21 04:40 PM

Last week my dog went thru a required pre-MRI scan. Good news, nothing bad was found. Bad new, still doesn't explain his weight loss. Calling tomorrow to set up appt for MRI of his brain. Hopefully, the appt will be on a day it doesn't snow.

Six inches snow expected for this afternoon in Chicagoland. Typical for winter around here. Snow and ice standard now thru March 1. After that it doesn't stay around very long. This time of year really bums me out but at least I'm home, safe and sound, to hang on til it's over.

thumbsdown razz

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/25/21 09:28 PM

Butterfly, hang in there. Took us about a year to finally figure out wee man Soot. Our vet patiently ruled out things, and tried medications and food changes, etc. Finally we found an answer. I'll be praying that you will find an answer soon. lab

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/25/21 10:04 PM

L4L, I have the books haven't started reading them yet.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/25/21 10:48 PM

Connie, I loved them wavegirl

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/25/21 10:54 PM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/25/21 11:10 PM

good afternoon everyone laugh

good day at work today and now it's time to unwind and relax

Ana, got into your Instagram picture folder but you have a gazillion pics lol

Chief, hope your visit was painless and you didn't freeze

have a wonderful evening everyone wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/26/21 02:01 AM

lol Soot! They are in order of newest on top. The puppy is the second photo. smile

be back...

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/26/21 11:55 AM

Good morning, going to help a friend unpack from a move today. Danish and donuts to go with Gerry's coffee and tea. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/26/21 02:42 PM

Terrific Tuesday ya'll puppy

Rainy today, but supposed to clear up by the afternoon and hit the 70's. I have a few things to do this morning and will most likely head out walking at some point. I wish you all a wonderful day wavegirl

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/26/21 02:53 PM

lab
Good morning everyone ... I'll grab a Danish and cup of coffee to go as I'm off to work ... have a wonderful Tuesday
What a cutie pie Ana
wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/27/21 12:57 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/27/21 12:12 PM

Good morning, dinner and karaoke tonight. Danish and donuts to go with Gerry's coffee and tea. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/27/21 01:38 PM

lab
Good morning Connie Family and friendswoot
Connie, I'll have a couple of donuts to go with a tall dark roast from Gerry ... have fun tonight
Family enjoy your shows
It's pouring outside right now and will be all day off and on
I'm off to work ... have a wonderful day
wave2

Mmmmm ... chocolate sprinkle glazed donuts!!!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/27/21 01:44 PM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/27/21 04:19 PM

Wonderful Wednesday ya'll puppy

It's overcast here and the temps will be dropping, so I plan to get outside between the rain drops and wander around the park or the hills. Haven't decided yet, but need to make up my mind soon!

Also will be making yogurt today and maybe cooking books.

Hope you all have the most wonderful and joyful day wavegirl

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/27/21 06:40 PM

Good afternoon to you all. wave2

Nothing much here for now: TV, jigsaw puzzle, reading. happydance

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/28/21 12:35 PM

Good morning, quiet day I think. Donuts and danish to go with Gerry's coffee and tea. Have a Great day. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/28/21 05:47 PM

Finally got a diagnosis on my dog, Huey. Good new is that he doesn't have to undergo surgery. Not so good news is that he has an autoimmune disease that is attacking his muscles. The MRI showed that the muscles on his skull are deteriorating. So his weight loss is due to loss of muscle tissue. Besides the gauntness, his hind legs don't always have energy to allow him to get up or down high places like my couch or car. He won't even try to get up on my bed anymore. Waiting for the results of blood and urine tests to confirm so the right medication can be prescribed. The meds will stop and/or slow down the progression. Doc said he wasn't born with it. I asked if it could be the latent result of the heartworm he had a few years ago, and she said it was possible. She said it could have been coming on all these years and just now showing visibly.

If the meds are successful, he could be around for a little while yet. But they won't reverse what has already happened. He's still eating and enjoys going to play. So that's good. So, now it's wait and see. As long as he's happy, I'm happy. When it's time, I'll know it.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/28/21 07:03 PM

Butterfly, I'm glad you got a diagnoses. I'm glad there is medicine. I hope it will give him and you precious time

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/28/21 07:55 PM

Fingers crossed for you and Huey butterflybabe! Maybe you can buy one of those little pet stair step stool thingies for him to get up on the couch or bed.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/28/21 08:05 PM

Good luck to you and Huey, butterflybabe !! thumbsup

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/29/21 12:46 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/29/21 03:01 AM

All the best to you and Huey, butterflybabe! Dogs are very resilient and natural survivors. If they can slow down the progression that is awesome! I will keep you both in my thoughts!

I had a fun day with my photos today. Two were featured on WGN-TV evening news and another was on Fox Chicago. A friend of mine submitted them. hearts

I am in desperate need of a weekend. My Friday late and Saturday morning client cancelled so I will be free for the weekend tomorrow afternoon. I'm so happy!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/29/21 01:40 PM

Good morning, donuts and danish to go with Gerry's coffee and tea. Congrats on your photos Ana, they are always Beautiful. Positive thoughts for Huey, butterflybabe. penguin

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/29/21 01:49 PM

Good morning everyone laugh

woot Donuts and coffee ... the elixir for starting the day

T.G.I.F. everybody

Congratulations Ana

wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/29/21 02:51 PM

Woo Hoo Ana, congratulations on the photos and on the free weekend.

It's a bright and beautiful day out there. A bit chilly so I'm waiting on it to warm out before I head on out for a walk. Hope you all have a wonderful day wavegirl

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/29/21 05:04 PM

Published !! Well done you, BrownEyedTigre bravo

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/29/21 06:29 PM

Thanks everyone for your positive and kind words for my little guy. kissy

Oldbroad, when Huey had a hard getting up on my new bed a few years ago, I purchased a doggy stair thing for him. He wouldn't use it. I put a 'treat' on the top step. He simply moved to side of the stairs and snatched it up. He doesn't like to get picked up, either. When the play people come for him in the morning, they pick him up after hooking his leash, so he has no choice. He is sleeping more than he used to and his energy is starting to wane a bit. The one constant, tho, is when the folks come to get him for playtime. Sometimes he hears them use the front door keys, other times opens and I tell him it's time to go play, he snaps out of his snooze, starts barking then slowly walks across the room tail wagging the whole.. The drastic change from being totally relaxed to completely alert is a comedy in itself every time.

'Winter' starts tomorrow. Major snow expected tomorrow afternoon thru Sunday. Got one place to go in the morning then I'm staying home!! winter shiver

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/29/21 07:51 PM

"Oldbroad, when Huey had a hard getting up on my new bed a few years ago, I purchased a doggy stair thing for him. He wouldn't use it"

Yeah, I tried one for some cats one time and they wouldn't use it either but mine was not a very sturdy one so I wasn't sure if that was possibly the reason.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/29/21 09:02 PM

All have a good week-end. joy

It will be my usual days of reading, walks, etc.... happydance

Take care.

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/29/21 10:30 PM

For my old cat I bought a very nice leather ottoman, put it at the end of the bed and told her to stay off it. Worked like a charm. She was climbing on it -- and the bed -- in no time. lol

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/29/21 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by hagatha
For my old cat I bought a very nice leather ottoman, put it at the end of the bed and told her to stay off it. Worked like a charm. She was climbing on it -- and the bed -- in no time. lol

"Told her to stay off it - worked like a charm". lol

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/30/21 12:33 AM

sports and chores.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/30/21 02:37 AM

lab

T.G.I.F.

woot The weekend has arrived!

wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/30/21 12:30 PM

Good morning, donuts and danish in the Break Room. Dinner and karaoke tonight at the Eagles. Shopping is also on the agenda today. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/30/21 03:18 PM

lab

whew, I am ready for the weekend and some down time

Connie, the donuts will be a great energy boost for my morning ... have fun at Eagles tonight

ButterFlyBabe ... I used cinder blocks and good ole MacGyver duct tape to secure them together so there was no wiggle ... very stable

Ana ... enjoy your down time this weekend

Chief ... I enjoy my walks every morning too

Family ... what sports you watching today?

Hagatha ... that was so nice of you to buy that ottoman ... I imagine over time your cat will come to love his bed

Hey Ho OldBroad ... what are you up too this weekend?

Hey Mad ... stay safe ... I am thinking it will be some time before we get some modicum of control over this virus

Chores, projects and R&R for me today

L4L hearts

Seize the day everyone! wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/30/21 03:18 PM

Good morning ya'll puppy

Woke up early and been in the kitchen til just now. Now it's time for a coffee and surfing while laundry is awhirling before heading up to do a work out. May go for a gentle walk later, or maybe not. Depends on the weather and how sore I am post workout. I'm not usually sore, but as I'm already a bit "tight", the workout may be enough for the day.

Connie, are you shopping for something fun?

Have a great day everyone wavegirl

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/30/21 06:45 PM

Happy Saturday everyone.

L4L, you're inspiring me with your energy for workouts and walks. I've managed to turn into a bit of a blob this past couple of years and for the first time in my life I'm actually carrying around extra weight, obviously from sitting around like a couch potato. The gyms here are closed at the moment, and have been for much of the past year. I finally bought myself a stationary bike, one of those electronic ones with an app that has video rides through great scenery. It should be here in a couple of weeks and I can't wait to get it set up.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/31/21 12:22 AM

Hagatha, you are sweet. I hope you love your bike. I watch Netflix etc when I ride my bike since it is from before any streaming stuff was available. wavegirl

I hope to get outside tomorrow, but weatherman just said 30's, and snow, and raw for Monday, so that will be an inside day for sure. Wimpy is my middle name when it comes to cold and wind. lol

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/31/21 12:27 AM

sports and chores.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/31/21 01:05 PM

lab
Good morning everyone ... just finished my walk at the park with Little Soot ... we got a little wet but caught a break at the end ... have a great Sunday everyone
L4L hearts
wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/31/21 05:00 PM

Enjoy your Sunday everyone. We had breakfast out this morning. I will be playing games today. Donuts and Danish in the Break Room. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 01/31/21 11:23 PM

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/01/21 09:33 AM

Had an exciting commute this morning. Sleet made it very interesting to walk or drive. Lots of accidents and traffic jams. Luckily I was travelling in the right direction. If i was driving home after a night shift I would have been stuck for a few hours.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/01/21 02:47 PM

Good morning to you all. thumbsup

Preparing for a possible 24 hours snow fall coming thusday. happydance12

That's life. grin

Take care.

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/02/21 12:53 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/02/21 05:12 AM

We drove down to Courtenay and had some takeout Miso Ramen. It felt like such a big adventure after the past two months cooped up at home! lol

The ramen reminded me of just how much I miss the Vancouver restaurants, though. That's the one big drawback to living where we do -- no decent food in town. It's been a while since we were able to get over to Vancouver or down to Victoria for a weekend visit.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/02/21 12:11 PM

Good morning, danish and donuts in the Break Room. Internet was out for 12 hours. Routine appointment with my Oncologist today. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/02/21 05:26 PM

Oldbroad; the story about your cat rotfl

Stayed inside and watched the snow cover my patio. The way my is laid out, I can't really see what's happening outside until I open the garage. Our association hired new snow people this year. Not so good; thank goodness it's just a 1 year contract.

Glad I don't live on the east coast. Weekend's snow doesn't compare rolleyes

Couple days ago, when Huey came home, as usual he patiently waited for me to put out his food/water. The tray with his food/water dishes face west in the kitchen. Kitchen layout required his to walk northld north then turn his body to get to his food. That day, the second I put his food down, he walked straight tipping over his water dish and started chomping away. When I tried to move his body so i could put out water again, he moved back to where he was. So I moved his food 'tray' to face north and replaced his water. It was weird. He watches me like a hawk, more intense than usual, every time I have food, or he thinks it is time to eat again. Still waiting for tests results.

Just finished another Zoom exercise session. Doing something right cause I'm wearing pants I couldn't fit into 6 months ago and they're getting loose! rah

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/02/21 10:06 PM

"Oldbroad; the story about your cat "

Sorry butterflybabe. The way I quoted that was misleading. That was hagatha's story and cat. I was just laughing at it.

Congrats on the downsizing into some older pants!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/02/21 11:04 PM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/03/21 04:09 AM

Butterflybabe, I hope your furbaby gets better.

My bike arrived today while I was out and the Spousal Unit and a neighbour had it all set up by the time I got back. Went for a 20 minute ride through Corisca. Wore me out completely. Apparently my efforts got me to something 5525th place out of 5550 people! whistle lol Not that I really care. In future I'll turn off the leaderboard once I work out how the app works.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/03/21 02:22 PM

Good morning.

It's going to be my usual day of shoveling just like the good people of your Eastern Atlantic States. winter

And some computer, TV, reading.

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/03/21 06:24 PM

Chief, I really don't miss all the shoveling, though there is something lovely about new snow on a sunny day.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/03/21 06:37 PM

Well Done You, hagatha !! I admire your "bike riding" spirit praise

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/03/21 09:34 PM

I thought I posted this morning, guess not. Dinner and karaoke tonight with friends. Freeze warnings for tonight. winter

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/03/21 11:17 PM

Hello everyone ... Happy Wednesday to one and all ... it's been a busy week

Have a wonderful evening wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/04/21 01:42 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/04/21 12:35 PM

Good morning, have a Super day. It's cold, cold, cold here. For us here in Florida this has been a very cool winter. We have used the fireplace more this year than in a long time. Donuts and Danish in the break room. winter

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/04/21 03:02 PM

A good day to you all.

A nice sunny day here today reflecting on the snow. Sun glasses will be necessary for the walk. happydance

A quiet day. grin

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/04/21 03:13 PM

lab

Good morning Chief, Connie and anyone else on a break today laugh

woot Lovin those donuts Connie ... stay warm!

Chief, enjoy your walk ... I enjoyed mine with Little Soot earlier this morning

We're cloudy and cold here too ... with roofers stomping on the roof ... will be a noisy day but in the end will have a new roof happydance

hearts L4L

Have a wonderful day everyone! wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/05/21 12:06 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/05/21 12:25 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Not too much on the agenda today. Have a Super day. lab

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/05/21 04:04 PM

lab

T.G.I.F. good morning Family and Connie laugh

Roofers are done, I'm a happy camper and I'm off to work

Connie, I'll have a Danish to go with a Tall roast from Gerry's pot ... they'll keep bust at work today

L4L hearts

Have a wonderful day everyone wave2

penguin

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/05/21 04:30 PM

Hi Everyone, Got a call from my dog's neurologist. All test results are in, and all are negative. That's good in itself, but not a significant answer to what's going on. Doc is considering his condition a 'mystery' and will treat with meds that can be generically used for an autoimmune disease. Before prescribing and talking more about the meds, she wants to see him one more time, and suggested next Mon. Chicagoland has entered a possible 10 day freeze (no day getting close to 20 deg). Typical for Feb around here. Told her, except for flipping the water bowl, he hasn't changed. So, we put it off til later this month. I'm watching his hind legs which still seem to be muscular and strong. So that's good. puppy

Got news that local community hospital is expecting to receive vaccines aimed for those over 65. Waiting to hear when/how that will happen.

Also got news that my high school 50 reunion will take place in September. That's 8 months from now so, maybe, it will be a sign of things getting back to some kind of normalcy. Funny thing is, I keep counting on my fingers to accept the fact that it's been that long. I graduated in 1971, so I guess that's right crazy Have to get hold of yearbook and refresh my memory. grin

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/06/21 12:50 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Shopping and working the kitchen for our dinner at the Eagles tonight. Enjoy your day. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/06/21 01:08 PM

Hello Boomers, hope you are all well and keeping safe!

It's been very cold here, with hard frosts and snow and lots of rain in between!

There's not much happening here as we're in lockdown again. When will this ever end?

Diana had pleurisy but is on the mend now thankfully.

Enjoy your day guys!

Much love,

Mary hearts

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/06/21 02:56 PM

sport and chores.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/06/21 04:02 PM

Super Saturday ya'll puppy

Temps say it is mild out there, but I'm freezing. It hasn't started raining yet, so when I'm done here, I'll gear up and see if I can get a run in before it all starts. Weatherman says it will be a raw day, so that plan could easily get changed to a bodyweight workout in the bedroom.

Butterfly, we can relate. Glad you have more info. Do wish it told you more. But we were able to get Lil Soot on a great path with a catch all type diagnoses. They just had to rule out specifics first luck

Have a great day ya'll wavegirl

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/06/21 10:54 PM

Hey everyone -- sunny but cold and very windy here. We've been enjoying our hummingbirds, which are surprisingly adept at flying in even the strongest coastal winds. It can be blowing up a gale, and the little buzz-bombs are still out there doing happy loops and bossing each other around.

I've been listening to music all morning. I love the way Spotify nudges you to listen to music similar to what you've been listening to. My somewhat standard classical playlist of sonatas led me into a whole new world of classical pieces in the modernist, minimalist genre, which is a revelation. It's interesting how musical tastes can change over time. I was a rock and roll animal for the longest time but since my 40's I've branched out into jazz and old blues and now this. I hated jazz and the old American song book performers like Ella Fitzgerald when I was in my 20's. Now I love all of that.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/07/21 12:17 AM

souper bowl and chores.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/07/21 02:38 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Breakfast out this morning. Working the kitchen for the Chili cook off and the Super Bowl. Enjoy your day. lab

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/07/21 04:18 PM

A great Sunday to you all. thumbsup

Footballllllllllllllllll joy

A nice day here proper for a walk and some jigsaw puzzle.

Take care.
wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/07/21 05:24 PM

Super Sunday ya'll puppy

It's not cold but it is damp so the cold goes right through to my bones. I am getting ready to change and head to the park for a run. I wanted to go yesterday but the rain kept me. I know, I'm a wimp.

Hope you all have a fantastic day wavegirl

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/07/21 06:46 PM

Heading over to a small Superbowl gathering with our 3 bubble neighbours.

I have to admit, though, that I have no idea who is playing. blush I should probably look it up before going over there. lol For me it's more an excuse for a bit of company and a late lunch that I don't have to make.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/07/21 06:55 PM

Lots of snow today. Discovered that our front door has a problem with keeping out snow so I hiked to the bouwmarkt and back for some isolation for the door. We haven't had this much snow in ages.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/07/21 09:18 PM

Wow, Jarkeld, that sounds like a workout

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/07/21 10:11 PM

lab

Hey Ho Everybody and Happy Super Bowl LV Sunday to each and every one of you laugh

ButterFlyBabe, hang in there with your vet ... it took us over a year to find the right course of treatment to help our Little Soot ... I've thought often about going to a HS reunion but it never works out so I'm good with that as I keep up with some old friends occasionally on fB

Hello Mary ... great to see you ... happy to hear Diana is on the mend now ... stay on top of the Docs and ask lots of questions! I am thinking it will take quite some time for our current situation to improve dramatically ... a researcher somewhere is going to make a dramatic break through so until that time relax as much as possible.

Connie, good luck at your Super Bowl Chili cook off!!

Chief, happy Sunday to you too! Yes indeed can't wait for today's game and action

Hagatha, stay safe at your get together ... sounds like 'bubble neighbors' are the right folks to meet with

Oh my Jarkeld ... how much snow did you get? I can remember one winter visiting my brother in Wyoming when the snow drifts covered the entire side of the house ... and they had to crawl out of a side window to then dig a corridor tunnel to the doors to get in and out of the house lol

L4L hearts

Have a wonderful day everyone!

penguin

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/08/21 12:07 AM

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/08/21 01:11 AM

@soot: 20-30 cm, depending on which province. For us that is a lot. The trains stop running and the roads are poor.
Add a windforce of 5 and the fun begins.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/08/21 01:46 AM

Home made pizza, settled in to watch the Superbowl. Is it just me or was the the worst halftime show EVER!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/08/21 12:32 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Yes, that was definitely the worst halftime show. Congrats Bucs !! rah Lunch and Netflix with a friend. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/09/21 12:40 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/09/21 02:40 AM

Home made pizza, settled in to watch the Superbowl. Is it just me or was the the worst halftime show EVER!

We just turned off the sound and ate snacks instead of watching it.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/09/21 12:24 PM

Good morning, enjoy your day. Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/09/21 01:20 PM

lab

Good morning Connie laugh

After a minute or two we did the same Hagatha and Draclvr ... muted the show

Yes Jarkeld ... bad winter conditions are not good, especially for driving ... I can remember one trip, trying to make good time so driving at night and as I was approaching the end of "lighted" interstate I noted I could no longer tell where the road was so I turned around and headed back to the last motel I drove past and spent two days I think waiting for the roads to be plowed/cleared before continuing

Graveyard shift this week ... so interesting schedule from 2AM to High Noon for me

Have a wonderful day everyone
wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/09/21 06:26 PM

Another lazy day for us, drinking coffee and playing with our ankle-biting cat, who has a bad case of the zoomies this morning.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/10/21 01:05 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/10/21 08:12 AM

lab

Another early day for me ... so lots of trips here to refill my coffee cup and Connie's donuts

Have a wonderful day everyone

wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/10/21 12:29 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Dinner and karaoke tonight with friends. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/10/21 02:13 PM

A good day to everyone. wave2

I'll try the Danish and Donuts of connie this morning. grin

Have a nice day connie and soot. yes

Ordinary day.

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/10/21 08:02 PM

Hello and Happy Wednesday,

It's overcast here but warm and not windy or raining, so it works for me. I hope you are having a wonderful day! wavegirl

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/10/21 11:51 PM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/11/21 12:23 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Mani/Pedi and lunch with a friend today. valentines

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/11/21 12:54 PM

Good morning all! It feels like ages since I popped in. I've been buried in work and a little cranky. lol

I dropped hubby off at the hospital at o'dark 30 for a total knee replacement. I've had 15 minutes sleep so it'll be a long day. Not allowed to stay at the hospital so I will be working and hopefully picking him up when I'm done. Could use prayers and positive thoughts please.

One of my clients has given me his horse to take out and ride anytime Mon-Sat and it's been a treat. Hardest part is getting it saddled up and ready to ride. eek

It's been single digit weather and yes, I still work outside. Dogs still need to get exercise and go potty. We have over a foot of snow and walking 10 miles a day in the woods and trails has been quite the workout. I feel like I've done twice the mileage by the end of the day.

Have a happy day all!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/11/21 01:15 PM

lab

Chief, ordinary days are good

Family, enjoy your shows

Connie, have fun at lunch ... stay safe there and your mani/pedi ... I think I'll double down on coffee and donuts again

Ana, will surely keep you and hubby in my thoughts and prayers today ... the horse loan sounds marvelous ... and the workout with your clients is 'total' I'm sure

hearts L4L

I've been at it since the wee morning hours, but today is the last day of the event so transition back to norm hours ... have a great Thump Day everyone wave

penguin

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/11/21 01:47 PM

Ana, prayers and positive thoughts for your hubby. May the knee replacement be a success and the healing speedy. hearts
Posted By: judith

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/11/21 04:44 PM

Ana, keeping you in my thoughts & prayers today. You really need to put your feet up & relax, you deserve it.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/11/21 09:02 PM

Oh goodness, Ana, hugs to you both!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/11/21 09:17 PM

Ana, prayers and positive thoughts going your way and hubby. thumbsup

Those operations are done often. It will go perfectly. kissy

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/11/21 10:31 PM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/11/21 10:38 PM

Ana, hope your hubby's knee surgery goes well.

Where/how do you ride a horse in this weather?

Hi everyone!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/12/21 03:38 AM

Thank you so very much, oldbroad, Chief, L4L, judith, connie, and soot! He came home tonight and doing very well so far, but the block they gave him hasn't worn off yet. I hope he can continue to maintain the pain.

oldbroad, I live in DuPage County near Bartlett and we have forest preserves everywhere. The stable is located next to one. I've been riding in the indoor arena right now, since I am not familiar with what lies under the snow on the trails. There was an accident with a rider last week because the horse tripped on a fallen tree under the 12+ inches of snow. I'll continue to ride indoors until I'm confident on knowing the trails. I'm walking it with dogs right now to get a feel.

Another 6 inches of snow coming and we are continuing the deep freeze of single digits and below. Winter has finally hit with a vengeance.

Nugget turns 8 years old today (Friday). Woohoo! I have a little 5 pound boarder coming for 8 days today. yay

Have a great day all!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/12/21 04:43 AM

I am not at all familiar with horses. I didn't know there were indoor arenas to ride in. I did wonder about all the snow and freezing temps and how they affect horses. I would think if it's hard for a person, it would be hard for a horse.

Happy Birthday to Nugget!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/12/21 04:45 AM

Hi BrownEyedTiger, I hope your Husband's knee replacement heals quickly and that he does not suffer too much pain during the recovery process.
Also, good luck with your horses.
Take care.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/12/21 10:12 AM

Good Morning everyone. Ana sending healing prayers for your hubby and hugs for you too. Glad you are able to enjoy riding in an indoor ring. We have 450+ acres behind our home where I used to ride on trails we made thru the woods and open fields. I miss my horses and riding.

Coffee and tea are ready. Wishing everyone a Happy Day! catrub wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/12/21 02:53 PM

oldbroad, most of the boarding stables have large indoor arenas in addition to the pastures. Many owners never leave the property and ride indoors or just on the property. I can't wait to venture out in the woods though. It's full of deer and other wildlife. The horses go out to pasture every day even in this cold. They even lay down and roll in the snow. They are hardy!

Gerry, Starcom thanks for your good wishes. Hubby is doing well this morning!

Off to work I go!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/12/21 03:34 PM

Good morning, Donuts and Danish in the Beak Room. Ana, continued Prayers for your hubby. Still trying to get an appointment for my first Covid shot. valentines

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/12/21 06:46 PM

Ana, sounds like so fun! Hope hubby's pain is under control

Connie, I have an appointment but not til April wavegirl

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/13/21 01:04 AM

Sorry to be late, Ana, but I send my best for your Husband and also hope you continue to enjoy those horses !! kissy kissy kissy

Edit :

Forgot the Happy Doggie Birthday !!!! 🐕🐕🐕

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/13/21 01:24 AM

sports and chores.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/13/21 12:35 PM

Hello Boomers, hope you are all well and staying safe!

I got my appointment in for COVID jab for next week.

It's still very cold here with snow on the ground. shiver

Ana, I hope your hubby is recovering well from his surgery and his pain is manageable. hearts

Not much going on here. Chris will go home today and Diana will take over. I so wish we didn't have to depend on the family. sad We looked into getting help from Social Services but all they can offer is someone to come in four times a day to see if I need to go potty! rolleyes No help for night time.

Enjoy the rest of your day guys!

Much love,

Mary hearts

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/13/21 01:04 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Sweetheart dinner and karaoke tonight at the Eagles. valentines

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/13/21 05:16 PM

Good week-end to you all. wave2

It's cold here today and I will not go for a walk.

Nothing special: the usuel activities of TV, Jigsaw puzzle, reading...... thumbsup

Take care.

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/13/21 11:16 PM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/14/21 02:04 AM

Happy Saturday and good weekend to y'all

Are there any donuts left Connie ... ohhh, I see a chocolate cake donut remaining happydance

Hello Mary .. so good to see and hear from you ... keeping you and hubby in our thoughts and prayers ... hope your jab goes well next week ... I had my #2 jab yesterday

Hello Gerry ... I'm up for a cup of tea

Ana ... glad to her hubby is doing well

Yes Chief, I would pass if it's really cold too and just think about the walk

Hey Ho Mad ... how are you

Family ... enjoy your shows

Hello Starcom Judith and OldBroad ... hope all is well with you and yours

have a wonderful evening everyone wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/14/21 04:56 AM

We've endured very, very low temperatures for days, here in the U.K., but signs of relief forecast for next week.
However, the penalty for that is going to be a return to RAIN eek

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/14/21 12:09 PM

Good morning, enjoy your Sunday. Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Breakfast out this morning, then watching the rain. valentines

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/14/21 04:05 PM

I saw that you are also very cold in the UK, Mad. Rosaboobie is in northern Scotland and she has over a foot of snow and it's been -17° C/1° F where she is!

Zero F here this morning. I'm settled in with my coffee, kitties are snug by the fireplace and the Bloodhound is tearing around outside playing in the snow!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/14/21 05:02 PM

shiver

Good morning Draclvr-Connie-and-Mad ... I hope your weather improves with warmer temperatures ... I've always enjoyed the crisp winter cold and snow, especially the quiet when huge snow flakes are falling, but alas WOM does note and I must admit I do enjoy the walks in warm summer meadows

I look forward to getting back to my normal schedule this week ... last week's schedule of 1AM to 11AM was a challenge

hearts L4L

Happy Valentine's Day to you all valentines

wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/14/21 10:26 PM

Not warmed up any yet, and, all through the night, we had howling gale force winds !!

Couldn't sleep for all the banging and crashing going on. Fortunately no damage to MY property but I'm pretty sure there will have been to other properties round about - considering the noises scared

Have a nice Valentine's everyone valentines

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/14/21 11:14 PM

I used to love winter, both the snow and cold temperatures (as low as 0 degrees F but without wind). I am glad that I don't have to go out standing on bus stops now though. I haven't even been out of my house to look at the snow. I can see it good enough through my window.

I made a nice pot of Chili last night as it seemed like the right time to do so.

valentines everyone!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/15/21 01:16 AM

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/15/21 08:37 AM

waveGood Morning Connie, Drac, soot, Mad, oldbroad, family, Ana, Mary and everyone. Coffee and tea are ready to start your day. wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/15/21 11:12 AM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Netflix and lunch with a friend today. Meeting at the Eagles tonight. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/15/21 04:14 PM

Snowing like mad and -3° here. Seems like this afternoon would be a good day to bake cookies! If there are any left, I'll bring them to the Break Room!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/15/21 05:40 PM

Hello Draclvr.

Now I know you sends us snow: we will get snow from 11PM tonight until 8PM tomorrow. grin

Do not shovel too fast. yes

Take care everyone.

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/15/21 05:54 PM

lab

Good morning Mad-OldBroad-Family-Gerry-Connie-Draclvr and anyone else hunting for a donut and coffee

Mad, sending positive waves in your direction for a respite from the weather

OldBroad ... WOM made us chili and corn bread last night too ... at the moment we are trying to find the cook book and recipe so we can put it on our Favorite's List lol

Family ... I get the sneaking suspicion you enjoy court shows ... grin ... enjoy Perry Mason, I always enjoyed watching him
Hey Ho Gerry woot It's good to see you and thank you for the coffee
Hello Connie, enjoy your lunch and Netflix and then Eagles later tonight ... Donuts yay

Draclvr ... oh my yes --> bring those cookies to the break room ... one of our office mates used to bake cookies at work and fill the building with an aroma no one could resist

Hey Chief ... I like your thinking 'Don't shovel too fast' ... enjoy the day!

Home projects, chores and music for me today ... Little Soot and I got our exercise in this morning before the freezing rain arrives this afternoon
L4L hearts
Monday, Monday ... So good to me wave2
penguin
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/15/21 10:35 PM

Good afternoon Boomers. Digging in and getting ready for 5-9 inches of snow tonight. winter eek

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/16/21 12:07 AM

Good evening Boomers, we are also expecting a large Snowfall tonight and ending sometimes tomorrow, whoopie!!!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/16/21 02:10 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/16/21 03:43 AM

Family, you mean snow in Georgia too??!!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/16/21 10:46 AM

Hello Boomers, hope you are all well and safe and keeping warm in all that snow! We had snow on the ground for a few days but it is all gone now. We've got rain and very high winds in it's place; I think I prefer the snow!

Not much going on here until tomorrow when I will get my COVID jab. How fun! lol

Laundry's on the agenda today so I'd best get on with it.

Have a great day guys!

Much love,

Mary hearts

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/16/21 12:55 PM

Good morning, enjoy your day. Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Still working on getting an appointment for my Covid vaccine. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/16/21 05:32 PM

Hello everyone wave2

Had appts this week for my dog to see neurologist, and to get my first covid vaccine. BUT, postponed both until later. Covid shot will be next Monday when it is 35 wonderful deg outside. Ready for that change from the single digit weather we've had for a week now. Between that and snow, well. that's winter for ya shiver

Yesterday I woke up to 60 deg in my home, which is weird since my HVAC is only 3 yrs old. Long story short, after checking everything else, HVAC guy coming today with new thermostat.

Oh, yeah, don't want to forget - valentines

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/16/21 05:48 PM

lab

Good morning SpaceQuestFan-Starcom-Family-Draclvr-Mary-Connie-ButterFlyBabe & any other hard working GameBoomer looking to take a break
laugh

Hey ButterFlyBabe ... hope you enjoyed Valentine's Day and I know you are looking forward to a functional thermstat

Connie ... enjoying the donut on a break after hanging new curtains in bedroom ... made points with WOM this morning ... good luck with your appointment ... I believe everyone is overwhelmed with requests at the moment

Mary woot that's good news about getting your 'jab' tomorrow ... best wishes with laundry

Draclvr, we got snow this morning ... just a dusting but haven't seen the stuff in years ... the most I've seen down here was 93 I think when we got 3+ inches

Family, enjoy your shows today

SpaceQuestFan & Starcom ... so how much snow did you get think

Life is good ... stay safe wave2

penguin

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/16/21 06:08 PM

Hi all,

We've just had a big snowfall here, too, and it's now in the horrible slushy melting stage. It rarely stays on the ground for very long down here on the waterfront but up on the main highway it'll be a mess. It's a good time to stay home.

We're enjoying a wonderful Orca show this morning -- looks like a large-ish pod of Transients slowly passing south through the Passage, and making stops for a bit of hunting. Look as though they have a baby with them, which is always good news.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/16/21 07:32 PM

I'd LIKE to do laundry, but my pipes to the washing machine are frozen! This is not unusual when it get this far below zero and the wind is blowing. The house is well over 100 years old and the pipes run under an unheated crawl space and we do have a heater under there, but it just couldn't keep up. Hopefully, they won't burst when they thaw later this week!

We got about 8" yesterday - not bad, but the wind blows so hard out here in the country, it really drifted.

Hubby and I are SO happy - we got our 2nd vaccines last week. Nearly felt like dancing! Still need to be super careful, but hopefully we can get out a little bit more as the weather warms up. I had zero side effects and hubby had a headache for about 12 hours. Well worth it to be vaccinated though!

Have a great day, everyone!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/16/21 09:47 PM

Got my appointment for tomorrow for my first covid vaccine. happydance

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/17/21 01:11 AM

Draclvr and connie -- so great that you're getting your vaccinations. According to the information I have I won't be getting mine until late August or early September. At least we live somewhere that has good outdoor activities and we aren't going stir-crazy.

That reminds me -- I have to make appointment for my second Shingles vaccination.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/17/21 01:56 AM

Good evening all! We have been buried in snow here and crazy low temps. It hit 19f for a short while today and after the 0f temps it felt like a heatwave! We have a couple feet of snow here with the addition of 6-8 last night. I had to get up at o'dark 30 to get everything shoveled and snow blowed before I could go to work. It feels like it's been a whole week already!

Drac, what a pain about your pipes! I do hope they defrost without issues!

be back..

MaG added a new graemlin for us today! bedtime

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/17/21 02:13 AM

The BBC have been showing the snow in America - in parts I never expected to see snow shocked

Keep Safe !!

(Love the new gremlin bedtime Thanks, MaG thumbsup)

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/17/21 02:17 AM

I was thinking about you being out there today Ana with all the fresh snow. According to the weather another 18" fell in Oak Park yesterday/last night. I am only about a mile north of Oak Park so I guess we got something close to that here also. My brother thought it was 2 feet more.

Drac, I also hope your pipe defrost goes well. Just out of curiosity, how do you know when a pipe is frozen. Did you try to use the washer or can you tell some other way?

bedtime Thanks MaG!

Stay safe out there everybody, no matter what your weather!!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/17/21 02:23 AM

oldbroad, I was very fortunate. I had 6-8 on the areas that didn't have drifting snow, but I work west of me in Saint Charles and they had a couple inches, 3 at best. I was so happy to see that! My son lives in Roscoe Village and they got buried too!

Ana wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/17/21 02:57 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/17/21 12:26 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Thanks MaG bedtime. Ana and all with the snow and storms stay safe. Going for my Covid vaccine today. Dinner and karaoke tonight with friends. kitty

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/17/21 02:58 PM

Good morning to you all. happydance

Luck for us, we got ony 6 inches but a heavy pack snow.

Still a couple inches to shovel.

Hello MaG and thanks for the new gremlim. happydance

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/17/21 03:42 PM

Oldbroad, I tried to use the washing machine and nope! If the pipes burst, we will hear the hissing of the water being released under pressure. Fingers crossed and will be grateful for warmer temps later this week!

MaG, you're the best! bedtime

Stay warm, everyone!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/18/21 12:17 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/18/21 04:46 AM

A hospital day for us, but thankfully the temperature has risen and the roads are clearing so driving there and back wasn't a problem. Then on to the coffee shop to pick up a 5 lb. bag of espresso beans for our morning cappuccinos. Yum! Makes getting up worthwhile.

Draclvr, I really hope your pipes don't burst on you.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/18/21 06:35 AM

I'd LIKE to do laundry, but my pipes to the washing machine are frozen! This is not unusual when it get this far below zero and the wind is blowing. The house is well over 100 years old and the pipes run under an unheated crawl space and we do have a heater under there, but it just couldn't keep up. Hopefully, they won't burst when they thaw later this week!

Hi Draclvr, are talking about copper pipes? or the rubber hoses attached to your machine? If you are talking about the Copper pipes, then you could try putting a heating wire around the pipes, there are different types you can check out, here is one video example of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3lvNmGqTjI

Good luck

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/18/21 06:55 AM

Thanks, Starcom. No, the flexible hoses on the machine aren't the problem. It's the copper pipes under the VERY small crawl space! About 20 years and 20 pounds ago, I was able to wiggle under there and wrap the lines in heating tapes, but they no longer work. That's why we have that heater under there. I'm way too old and fat to do that any more!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/18/21 07:07 AM

Nah, your not too old or fat, if so then I can join the old and fat club, that is why if in your situation I would hire a Young and Skinny plumber or electrician to do it.
Well off to bed.. Good night to you and all Boomers, take care.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/18/21 07:37 AM

Well, I'm in the old and fat group too lol.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/18/21 09:04 AM

I refuse to comment in this instance on the grounds I might incriminate myself 😜

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/18/21 11:37 AM

I'm with Mad. Good morning, Danish, and Donuts in the Break Room. House cleaning is on the agenda for today, Maybe. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/18/21 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by oldbroad
Well, I'm in the old and fat group too lol.

I was working out on my bike today and caught a look at myself in my workout gear. Whoa! COVID lockdown weight! scared

I refuse to be old, though. I've decided I'm getting younger from now on. grin

Happy Thursday everyone!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/18/21 10:51 PM

"I refuse to be old, though. I've decided I'm getting younger from now on. grin" Good on you!

Hagatha, everyday I tell myself I am going to find the old me that's in here somewhere, but I think hiding must be my specialty lol.

Hello everybody! Your weekend is approaching!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/19/21 02:12 AM

same thing, and grocery shopping.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/19/21 03:04 AM

And, YAY! Pipes have unfrozen and I did a load of laundry today. No burst pipes. I'm doing a load at midnight too because it's going to get down below zero again tonight.

I totally agree with your outlook, hagatha!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/19/21 03:20 AM

That is fantastic news, Drac! Woohoo!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/19/21 04:02 AM

Big sigh of relief for you Drac!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/19/21 05:19 AM

Laundry seems like such a bore, until you're not able to do any. We had a 36-hour water shutdown a while back because the City broke one of the mains on our street, and realized just how dependent we are on it for everything.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/19/21 06:35 AM

Going from no water in the house to burst pipes and water everywhere you don't want it was one of the snippets of our news from the USA today !!

Heck thumbsdown

(Glad that wasn't you, Draclvr.)

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/19/21 11:42 AM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Good news Draclvr. lab

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/19/21 02:16 PM

Good day to everyone. happydance

Walk and reading on the menu.

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/19/21 08:28 PM

I had a lazy morning with coffee in front of the fire and then a wonderful fast 20-minute ride through Vineyards and Villages of France (one of the on-demand rides on my bike app).

I'm loving my bike. I was worried I'd have to force myself to ride it, but I look forward to it every morning.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/19/21 08:41 PM

That's excellent, hagatha! I find myself needing more exercise after the last couple of weeks of being cooped up in the house due to weather.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/20/21 01:53 AM

woot

weekend has arrived ... thank goodness

have a wonderful evening everyone

wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/20/21 02:43 AM

sport and chores.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/20/21 02:52 AM

Now that we are fully vaccinated, we're feeling comfortable enough to go out on Friday night and eat again! This was always our date night, so it felt really good to go out and have a meal and a beer.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/20/21 12:45 PM

Good morning, enjoy the weekend. Shopping is on the agenda for today. Working the kitchen for our dinner at the Eagles tonight, Trivia to follow. Danish, and Donuts in the Break Room. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/20/21 10:17 PM

joy Saturday joy

Family ... Hope the chores were quick and you won the sport wink

Hey Connie ... I definitely will and hope you enjoy your weekend too! My shopping is done, got a project done swapped out a network switch but am doing something wrong as can't get PCs wired back to the modem headscratch so taking the rest of the day off as I can connect them via WiFi ... donuts are great

L4L hearts

Happy Saturday everyone ... enjoy your weekend wave2

penguin

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/21/21 01:15 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/21/21 06:35 AM

Now that we are fully vaccinated, we're feeling comfortable enough to go out on Friday night and eat again! This was always our date night, so it felt really good to go out and have a meal and a beer.

That must be a great feeling.

We're still leery, but John is starting to want to go out a bit just because he's aware that his horizons don't extend very far now, and being at home all the time is starting to chafe. We're going to do a brunch this week at a nearby resort -- it's almost empty except for locals and we know the staff pretty well. They know his situation and have told us they'll be extra careful, so I guess it's okay.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/21/21 12:31 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Breakfast out this morning, then some gaming time. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/21/21 03:17 PM

Good morning everyone . Yum, I'll have a Danish Connie. Family, enjoy your shows. I'm off to the Garden, my music, exercise with little Soot enjoying the sun. Have a great day everyone
wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/21/21 09:44 PM

Good Luck hagatha !!!! 😍

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/22/21 12:38 AM

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/22/21 10:17 AM

Good morning and happy Monday everyone! I'm just going to bed now. bedtime sleep

See you all later!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/22/21 12:02 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Netflix and Lunch with a friend today. Watching Firefly Lane, then A Discovery of Witches and new season of When Calls the Heart. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/22/21 02:10 PM

oldbroad, were you up watching the world turn into a sheet of ice overnight? Nearly landed on my butt first thing this morning stepping out to feed the cats and wildlife. eek

Good morning all and happy Monday! My little boarder went home last night and I miss that sweet little cuddle bug.

I'm off shortly to another long day of trekking through snow and ice.

Happy Monday!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/22/21 10:41 PM

Hey Ho everyone ... the work day is finis and I'm ready to unwind and relax for the day, so got my music going and I'm off to Garden ... loving the donuts ... Ana, you watch your step ... yes that was one sweet little cuddle bug!! Happy Monday evening!
wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/22/21 11:48 PM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/23/21 06:14 PM

Enjoying return to 30+ degs. Snow and ice starting to melt. Another month before spring starts, but it's a nice break in the winter craziness. Hopefully, we are past worst of frigid weather.

Huey is hanging in there. Still eager to eat anything he can. Either weight loss has calmed down or so slow I'm just not aware of it, but boniness is obvious when I pet and cuddle with him. He's still happy and eager to play.

Got my first covid vaccine shot yes. Took almost 2 hrs for the 2 sec innoculation. DId it at local hospital with continuing long line of about 100 people walking down 3 corridors to final destination. I ended up asking for a wheelchair to comfort the arthritis in my hips. I was given a larger chair which didn't fit thru the doorway to to the room where the shots were being done. woozyBy that time my legs and hips were less achy and didn't bother to get wheelchair again to head to the garage. Next shot is 3 wks at a different location.

Stay safe and heathy. wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/23/21 11:26 PM

lab
We're enjoying our return to upper 60s down here and I've wrapped another work day under my belt. Time for music, gardening, reading and relaxation for the remainder of the day ... and
... it's Taco Toosday!!!! woot
Have a wonderful evening everyone wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/24/21 01:47 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/24/21 12:11 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Dinner and karaoke with friend tonight. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/24/21 10:14 PM

Good afternoon everyone laugh Hope your day has been everything you wanted it to be while avoiding the undesirable yes Connie, I'll have a Danish this afternoon I think. Wishing you, Family and the rest of the gang a great evening ... have a fun at karaoke!
wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/24/21 11:01 PM

My day started with coffee, running vaccines down to the horse rescue, running errands in town and heading out to the barn to feed my barn cats. I have one who is at least 16, but probably older. She hasn't allowed anyone to touch her since she was spayed. She was fine after the below zero night last week, and I was able to pet her while she was eating and she was warm. Next day she was gone. Although it wasn't below zero, it was close to it for the next several nights. I had given her up for dead after 6 days. But there she was today squeaking at me VERY loudly to be fed her can of wet cat food! This cat doesn't have 9 lives, she must have 29!

So I had what could be called a good day!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/24/21 11:54 PM

catrub cat blackkitty kitty

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/25/21 02:15 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/25/21 03:38 AM

Drax, what a great outcome! I lost one of my ferals I think in this arctic blast. He was the oldest. It's been days. Glad you had a happy ending!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/25/21 04:27 AM

Drac, I'm happy your furry friend made it through the week, and BrownEyedTiger, I'm sorry yours seems to have gone. I do hate seeing feral cats, though. I feel so bad for them. At least there are people out there like you who care for them.

My last cat, Rachel, was a feral cat's kitten. She was in awful shape when we got her -- barely 7 weeks old, she was covered in fleas, ear mites and had worms. The poor little thing didn't even really know how to eat -- she hadn't even been weaned. She grew into the most gorgeous animal, though -- a long-haired grey tuxedo with green eyes. She never did get to like most people much, though she loved us and our family members -- she was clearly able to distinguish family from any old human. I still miss that girl eight years later. Smartest cat I've ever met. She could open anything.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/25/21 12:47 PM

Good morning, have a Lovely day. Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. catrub cat

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/25/21 02:02 PM

Good morning to you all.

Starting the day with a danish will be a good idea. thumbsup

And yes, more snow. I have all day to get rid of it on the galery and sidewalk. yes

Take care.

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/25/21 10:44 PM

Good afternoon everyone ... I can smell the weekend! Any donuts left Connie?

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/25/21 11:41 PM

The UK weather forecast for my area is dry and bright (if still a little cold) for the next four days !! Wow !! What a nice change yay

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/26/21 02:10 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/26/21 12:05 PM

Good morning, enjoy the day. Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/26/21 10:51 PM

Happy T.G.I.F. Connie and anyone else who happens to come in for a break and donut laugh
I made it to the weekend and am looking forward to some R&R
wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/27/21 03:27 AM

sports and chores.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/27/21 12:15 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Dinner an karaoke at the Eagles tonight. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/27/21 04:18 PM

Good morning Connie and Family...woot the weekend is here! That means chores, projects, music, gardening and good old fashioned R&R! I'll have a glazed donut Connie
penguin
wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/27/21 06:08 PM

Well, last night I had a little battle of wills with a horse and it won. Had to cancel my clients today and have an emergency chiropractor appt followed by a 90 minute therapeutic massage which I hope will help me mend. frown

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/27/21 07:06 PM

My goodness, BrownEyedTigre !! Couldn't you have picked something a bit smaller ?? eek

I do hope you feel better and fully mended very soon 😍😍😍

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/27/21 09:41 PM

I hope that massage helps you Ana!

I'm happy to say that this morning and about 3 mornings ago, I actually heard a lone bird outside somewhere so I guess they are still around and will hopefully come back to my yard. (You may remember I posted some time back about not hearing or seeing any birds for months.)

Happy weekend to all of you but especially those who still notice the difference between the week and the weekend wink.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/28/21 01:57 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/28/21 02:34 AM

Mad and oldbroad, I'm still a bit like Humpty Dumpty right now. My chiropractor is coming in again tomorrow to help me. It's not great. frown

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/28/21 02:56 AM

It's many, many years now since I last rode a horse but I haven't forgotten how far away the ground looks when astride one shocked

Did you come off ??

hug hug hug

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/28/21 03:40 AM

I deliberately tossed myself from him because he went wild and I wasn't even ready to ride yet. I did not have the reins to stop him, nor was one foot fully secured in the stirrup. He took off like a race horse and ran wild before I even gave an indication we were ready to ride. The others at the stable said it was spring fever after our deep freeze and the lack of heading out to the trails. Rather than chance him bucking me off and me flying, I let myself fall to the ground landing on my lower back. I can't use my arms to shield a fall or I risk tearing my rotator cuffs again so the whole impact was my back and then I rolled a couple times. He was going quite fast. I'm in extreme pain. frown

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/28/21 04:18 AM

Well, I don't know anything about rotator cuffs or any broken parts except that I hope I never have any, but I think breaking your back or injuring your spine sounds like it would be worse. I sure hope you heal up quickly.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/28/21 05:00 AM

Well BrownEyedTiger I hope you get better soon and may I suggest that you try ridding a pony instead, at least they are closer to the ground if you have to bail. Back pain is no fun and I hope your Chiro can fix you up. Take care.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/28/21 12:17 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Ana, I' sorry the horse won, and hope you recover quickly. hearts Breakfast out and shopping today. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/28/21 03:17 PM

Ana, how are you this morning? Take a great care of your back and see your chiro as much as you can. yes

Have a quiet Sunday.

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/28/21 04:09 PM

Yes, we call that first spring ride "spicey!" Learned to lunge a horse after a long winter and riding inside if possible a few times till they worked out the winter kinks. Hope your chiropractor can help. I don't ride any more because of the chance of injuring my back. Too old!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/28/21 04:17 PM

lab

Oh my Ana shocked ...wishing you a speedy recovery for sure as I know your little four legged clients will miss you ... I know nothing of horses but perhaps the next time it would help to walk and lead the horse for some minutes headscratch

You've got that right Mad

OldBroad ... do you have a back porch where you put some bird seed out for the little ones?

Good morning Connie ... I'm up for a Danish today ... stay safe whilst you're out and about

Howdy Chief and Starcom

Have a great day everyone wave2

penguin

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/28/21 07:47 PM

No soot. I just like hearing and seeing them out there though.

Have a good Sunday all!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 02/28/21 09:22 PM

A good week to you, soot. happydance

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/01/21 01:14 AM

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/01/21 01:50 AM

family, you watch so many court shows, you must have learned a LOT about the law! I don't watch them, but I know I would too.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/01/21 02:43 AM

So today didn't quite go as planned. Hubby woke and gave me a few symptoms he was having and off to the ER we went. He was admitted with what we believe is a bleeding ulcer and can hopefully be stopped with an endoscopy tomorrow. I'll be going for xrays for my back after work. When it rains, it pours!

Hope you all had a great weekend! I'm just getting caught up.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/01/21 02:47 AM

Wow BrownEyedTiger you are not kidding, when it rains it pours, prayers and positive vibes sent your way for your Husband and You.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/01/21 03:02 AM

So sorry every thing horrible seems to be happening at once, BrownEyedTigre !!
And all rather serious stuff slapforehead

I send my very best to you and your Husband and am thinking of you both 😍😍😍

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/01/21 03:23 AM

Dang, Ana! I was kind of figuring you were going to need further investigation to make sure you don't have a cracked vertebrae or something. But hubby too? Jeepers, when it rains, it pours. Keep us posted!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/01/21 03:27 AM

Aack! Sounds like the weekend from Hell.

I hope you're both back up and around soon!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/01/21 03:59 AM

Sorry to hear that. I was thinking maybe your husband was healing up enough to help YOU out if you needed help. Let us know what the x-rays show. hug
Posted By: Marian

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/01/21 04:15 AM

Positive thoughts and prayers for you and for your husband, Ana! hearts

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/01/21 11:04 AM

Ana so sorry to hear about your back and your hubby. I know I always had to lunge my horse before riding in cold weather to let him get that bent up energy out before I rode. Horses tend to get very frisky when in a stall and the weather is cold and they don't have the opportunity to get out in pasture and run and play.

Ana sending healing prayers your way for you and hubby.

Take care.
Gerry

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/01/21 11:53 AM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Ana, Prayers and Positive thoughts for you and hubby. Lunch and Netflix with a friend today. Meeting at the Eagles tonight. summer
Posted By: michele rose

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/01/21 02:57 PM

Oh, my Ana, Murphy's law sure reared it's ugly head at your house.

Be assured that further tests will put you and hubby on the right course to recovery. That is my wish and prayer for both of you.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/01/21 03:02 PM

Hubbys update is that the meds that were expected to stop the bleeding aren't working and he dropped to very low levels. He is on the boarder of blood transfusion. Endoscopy scheduled for this afternoon. Poor man has not been allowed to eat or drink in 24 hours. He is irritable, rightly so. frown
I'm still waiting to hear if Xray can fit me in. Off to work I go! Thank you all for your prayers and positive thoughts. Greatly appreciated! hearts

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/01/21 03:18 PM

I'm sure he is quite cranky. I wish they could get him in for the endoscopy sooner. This is going to be a long day.

Gerry, you quickly learn to avoid a "spicey" ride in the spring with a lunge line! Someone posting in another forum they had a first spring ride and the horse was perfect! People piled on with their stories! They all seemed to think the big difference was between a stalled horse and a pastured horse.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/01/21 05:39 PM

If I may throw in a little levity...

The one and only time I rode a horse was about 40 years ago. It was part of a get together trip with a bunch of friends to one of those stables that offer guided rides to the public. All was fine until we were back at the stables and it was time to dismount. After everyone else got help dismounting, no one came over to me. When I asked what the problem was, I noticed people were giggling, and an older woman turned red and couldn't look at me. One of the guides finally let me know that the horse was peeing, and they had to wait until it stopped before I could get off. rolleyes haha

Anyway, BET, I hope all is well, or at least calms down very soon. yes

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/01/21 05:48 PM

That's too funny, butterflybabe!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/01/21 06:58 PM

I'm sure BrownEyedTigre wishes that was all HER horse had been doing, butterflybabe !!

Hope things start to go better for you and your Husband, BrownEyedTigre, and I send you both my best 😍

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/01/21 08:03 PM

Oh my goodness, Ana, I am so very sorry to hear this! Gentle hugs!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/02/21 01:59 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/02/21 02:01 AM

Hello everyone ... happy Monday to one and all ... Ana, sure do hope you and hubby had a better day today

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/02/21 12:37 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Have a Lovely day. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/02/21 05:57 PM

Good morning, I can still say that if I type fast rotfl

It's rainy and cold here today. Must be winter's last gasp. I worked out inside and now heading down to find lunch. Hope you all have a wonderful day puppy

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/03/21 02:54 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/03/21 12:34 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Dinner and karaoke with friends tonight. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/04/21 01:04 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/04/21 05:10 AM

We've had a very lazy week. Went to see the oncologist yesterday and apparently my husband's cancer is still quiet, so for the time being there's no need for any chemo, which is a good thing because it makes the pain worse. We're just hoping it stays dormant for a few more months. We have a very nice new hospital and we've known the lovely Cancer Care staff for six years, but it's wonderful not to have to go in there every two weeks.

Otherwise, it's still cold and windy here, although the first of the yachts has appeared in the harbour and we've seen a couple heading north up the channel, so Spring will be here soon.

I'm working away on my bike. I tried an on-demand (pre-recorded) spin class a couple of days ago. It was 20 minutes of pedaling faster than I ever thought possible and that was with me not getting even close to the cadence and resistance the instructor wanted us to reach. lol I finished the class, though, and pushed myself pretty hard, so I was pleased with that.

I hope everyone is enjoying their week.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/04/21 05:43 AM

Ah, a quiet cancer is a good thing... hopefully it will stay that way for a few months more, hagatha. Having dealt with this also, the people who staff those Centers are the best!

Sounds like you pedaled your heart out!

I took hubby to the Pain Management Clinic for a nerve block on his back. I think this is his second one. It takes two trips over there as they do first one side and then the other side about 2 weeks apart. He is looking forward to having less pain soon because he has a large garden to put in! He's already itching to get out there.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/04/21 06:14 AM

Hagatha/Draclvr and Ana, sending prayers and positive vibes so your loved ones and yourselves get better quickly and that all you stay healthy.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/04/21 12:35 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Beak Room. Manicure and lunch out with a friend today. Ana, hagatha, and Draclvr, Positive thoughts continuing. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/04/21 02:27 PM

lab

Good morning all ... a Danish sounds perfect ... stay smart & safe on your outings today Connie ... Ana, Hagatha and Draclvr -- keeping you in my daily thoughts and prayers angel ... have a great day Starcom and all who make it to the GB Break Room

wave2

penguin

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/04/21 02:37 PM

hagatha, so happy to hear about your hubby's latest update. Prayers and positive thoughts to stay that way!

Drac, hope your hubby will be ready to go after his last shot!

Hey ho, everyone! It's been a real stretch over here, but all seems to be heading in the right direction. Hubby is home now and still very weak when it comes to walking around, but doing well. He sees the doc again tomorrow to get a new blood count and hopefully it's getting up. I have an xray next Tuesday. Covid regulations has limited the hours and #of people allowed in the building so they have a backlog. I could go to my doc and have instant images done, but the standalone facility is a much cheaper cash option. I no longer cry getting out of bed, so it's getting better. Still working as usual. Walking makes it better, sitting or laying down is much worse.

All my ferals are now accounted for after our over 2 week arctic blast. I am so happy to see they all look great! happydance

Wishing you all a great day!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/04/21 03:28 PM

Yes. Good to hear your news, hagatha and Draclvr smile

And pleased to hear that you and your Husband are both doing better, BrownEyedTigre, even if only a little as yet hug

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/04/21 03:29 PM

I have an xray next Tuesday. Covid regulations has limited the hours and #of people allowed in the building so they have a backlog. I could go to my doc and have instant images done, but the standalone facility is a much cheaper cash option. I no longer cry getting out of bed, so it's getting better. Still working as usual. Walking makes it better, sitting or laying down is much worse!

I missed what is going on with you, what's happening?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/04/21 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Winfrey
I missed what is going on with you, what's happening?

Winfrey, Ana had an accident involving a horse. Here is what she said earlier in this thread:

I deliberately tossed myself from him because he went wild and I wasn't even ready to ride yet. I did not have the reins to stop him, nor was one foot fully secured in the stirrup. He took off like a race horse and ran wild before I even gave an indication we were ready to ride. The others at the stable said it was spring fever after our deep freeze and the lack of heading out to the trails. Rather than chance him bucking me off and me flying, I let myself fall to the ground landing on my lower back. I can't use my arms to shield a fall or I risk tearing my rotator cuffs again so the whole impact was my back and then I rolled a couple times. He was going quite fast. I'm in extreme pain.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/04/21 04:29 PM

Warm enough to shut off heat and open patio door a crack for a few hours. Spring is coming joy

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/04/21 06:15 PM

Ana, I'm so glad you're feeling a bit better. It's really rough when both partners are having medical issues at the same time -- there's nobody to take care of you.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/04/21 10:09 PM

Good thing walking helps Ana, since that is your living LOL! Glad things are looking up a bit for you and hubby and hagatha, good for your husband. Drac, hopeful for yours.

Wishing everybody a good weekend!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/05/21 02:34 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/05/21 12:10 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/05/21 01:36 PM

Good Morning everyone. Coffee and tea are ready to go along with Connie's danish and donuts. Ana thinking of you and hubby. Gentle hugs and love on the way too. catrub

Hope everyone has s sunny day.

Gerry

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/05/21 07:48 PM

Yet another rainy, windy day. We're starting to long for summer. Coffee in front of the fire on a cold day is lovely, but having dinner around our beach fire down by the water's edge is even nicer.

Have a good day, everyone!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/05/21 11:35 PM

T.G.I.F. everyone woot

Have a great weekend everyone wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/06/21 12:47 AM

Shopping tomorrow, then a day early Birthday dinner with family and friends. Gong to Lego Land on Sunday ( my Birthday) with Robert. If I don't make it to the Break Room I will leave Danish and Donuts now. Hope they don't get stale. This is the Big 80. smile

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/06/21 02:10 AM

Happy upcoming Birthday connie! Enjoy your dinner and trip to Lego Land!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/06/21 03:08 AM

sport and chores.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/06/21 10:54 AM

birthdayGood Morning and Happy Birthday Connie! birthday Coffee, tea and Hot Chocolate are ready along with Birthday Cake to celebrate Connie's Birthday!

waveHave a Happy day everyone! wave

Gerry catrub

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/06/21 02:44 PM

Good morning and a great week-end to you all. joy

Cold and windy here today and a bit sunny.

My wife and I will get that first covid vaccine March 19. happydance

For now, a quiet week-end.

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/06/21 03:21 PM

Good morning everyone and happy Saturday laugh Weekend chores are calling me so I'll grab a donut and run. Great news Chief!! Have a wonderful weekend Chief, Connie, Gerry, Family, OldBroad, and the rest of the GB Breakroom.

😎

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/07/21 12:25 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/08/21 12:55 AM

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/08/21 02:20 AM

Happy Sunday everyone ... we enjoyed a day of hiking with Little Soot in the mountains ... should sleep well tonight sleep

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/08/21 11:40 AM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. I had a Wonderful Birthday weekend, Thanks for all the Birthday wishes. Lunch and Netflix with a friend today. kitty

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/08/21 02:41 PM

Hi ho, Hi ho...it's off to work I go! Wishing you all a happy Monday!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/08/21 10:31 PM

Moanday Monday everyone...great day at work for me and now it's time to recharge batteries for tomorrow sleep well
sleep

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/09/21 12:43 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/09/21 12:18 PM

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/09/21 04:38 PM

Temps in the 50s and 60s for a few days. Open the patio door a bit and turn off the heat for a few hours. Taste of spring! joy

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/09/21 11:58 PM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/10/21 01:44 AM

Good evening everyone... connie I'm up for an early night snack, thanks! Sleep well everyone
wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/10/21 12:15 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Going for my second Covid shot today. Dinner and karaoke tonight with friends. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/10/21 02:09 PM

Good morning and a good day to you all. happydance

Sunny today and we will get into the 40F.

But rain coming soon to get rid of some snow. joy

Walk, reading and probably some jigsaw puzzle to keep busy.

Take care.

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/10/21 02:34 PM

Good morning all! Had my X-ray yesterday and apparently I have a compression fracture on my spine. I never like doing anything halfway so I'm not surprised. lol Time heals so I'll just keep plugging away.

Have a happy day all! I'm off to work.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/10/21 03:32 PM

Oh, no! No wonder it hurt like he!!. Anything to do except time and don't fall off any more horses?

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/10/21 10:57 PM

Ouch! And ditto Drac's question. Does it just eventually heal or stop hurting or is there something else to be done for you?

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/10/21 11:00 PM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/10/21 11:10 PM

woot Connie ... glad you got your 2d shot

Did you keep busy today Chief? The folks out west can use rain too.

Ana, get well soon

I agree OldBroad & Drac...and avoid more compression tumbles...maybe time with PT and some spine stretching think

Family, enjoy your shows

Have a restful evening

wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/11/21 03:07 AM

Thanks, soot, oldbroad, and Drac! I see the chiropractor Saturday again and my massage therapist on Sunday. The pain from the fracture went away last weekend. I'm just left with a lower back ache and sore tail bone. I'll see what needs to be done with it this weekend. I'm resilient. hearts

Hope you all had a great day!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/11/21 03:27 AM

Well, so much for the mental therapy the horse was providing. What's next?

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/11/21 04:06 AM

lol I believe I will just let it heal. I'll see what the chiropractor thinks. I'm able to walk ten miles a day no worse for wear so I can't imagine they will change anything. I don't lift things either.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/11/21 05:27 AM

Good to know you can walk ten miles a day, take care and hello to all the other Boomies.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/11/21 12:33 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Ana, Prayers the healing comes quickly. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/11/21 05:28 PM

BET, I envy you. I'm barely able to walk much anywhere without pain/tension in lower back and/or hips. But chiro, zoom exercises and acupuncture all helping a great deal. Just a matter of time and patience. Time I always have; patience not so much rolleyes

Get my 2nd covid shot on Monday. Glad that will be done.

puppy

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/12/21 12:45 AM

Butterflybabe, I nearly choked on my dinner! lol Do not envy me, really! I run on pure stubbornness my whole life. The simple act of walking with 2 big toes that don't move (and if they do, it's excrutiating) because they were never in a socket since birth, they ground their own is enough reason to not, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I've run races after ripping off the bottom of my ankle bone (twice now, I did it 3 years ago and again this summer. I have bulging disks in my neck, my rotator cuffs have been completely torn and reattached (barely) and I can continue. Add fibromyalgia flareups to the list. The mere fact that I've worked all but 1 day (the day after my accident, fracturing my spine) and walked ten miles a day for work, is absolutely nothing to do with being pain free, it has everything to do with not letting pain stop me. If I did, I would have never walked a day in my life. I can't let things defeat me and stop me from living.

That said, keep working towards good health! I am blessed to have the best chiropractor and massage therapist. They keep me going!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/12/21 01:13 AM

WOW, Ana, WOW!!! You are Amazing! Hope you were able to get into the Dr’s and hope you are ok from that fall....

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/12/21 03:34 AM

My husband says the same thing, Ana! He's already had three back surgeries and is living on nerve blocks now. He says if he wasn't in pain every day for the last 45 years, there would be something wrong! He just never let it run his life!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/12/21 04:52 AM

Ana, It's amazing that you've just kept on going.

Draclvr, I wish my guy could have nerve blocks for his pain, but he's got a horrific needle phobia on top of everything else.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/12/21 05:43 AM

My hubby is not fond of needles either! But he is fond of being pain free... or at least close to it. But if your hubby has a phobia, that wouldn't work! They do insist my husband be lightly sedated to make sure he doesn't move. He doesn't like that either!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/12/21 12:38 PM

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/12/21 01:49 PM

T.G.I.F everyone... have a great day. I'll have a Danish to go please

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/12/21 11:11 PM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/12/21 11:23 PM

woot it's official!!

The weekend is here joy

wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/13/21 12:24 AM

I have to learn to read thru the messages... just saw your posts Ana.. bummer you got a fracture out of this! You can rule that horse out for sure... come visit I have a horse you can ride and be safe... and you would have the pleasure of my company.. wavegirl

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/13/21 02:05 AM

sports and chores.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/13/21 12:44 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Shopping is on the agenda today. Fish Fry and karaoke tonight at the Eagles. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/13/21 09:18 PM

Good afternoon everyone ... chores are done, projects in the works, time to relax the rest of the day 😌

But first a donut ... or two wink

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/13/21 10:55 PM

Since we are 3 weeks out from our 2nd vaccination, hubby is starting to get out a little bit. Today for the first time in 8 months, he went in to the American Legion to drink a few beers this afternoon. WHICH gave me the house to myself. Was blasting some Bonnie Raitt and doing a bunch of overdue cleaning! Also put on corned beef and cabbage for supper tonight.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/14/21 12:04 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/14/21 01:03 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Breakfast out this morning, District meeting for the Eagles later today. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/14/21 03:04 PM

Good morning, all! Hope you all remembered to change your clocks today (if you are in an area that does it of course! Good time to change your batteries in your smoke alarms and CO detectors!

Lazy morning, yesterday was chiropractor, today is massage. Tomorrow we are expecting snow again. Things were finally almost melted except in some wooded areas.
Hope you all are enjoying your day!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/14/21 05:42 PM

Good morning everyone laugh Totally enjoying the weekend and hope you are too ... grin ... remembered about the time change last night slapforehead

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/14/21 06:32 PM

Ugh.

I forgot about the time change and ended up reading until 1:30 am, which is hours later than I normally go to bed. slapforehead

My cat didn't get the memo about the time change, though, and woke me up at the usual time. zombie

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/14/21 07:02 PM

I wish they would just keep the Daylight Savings time for good and STOP changing it!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/14/21 07:37 PM

I second that Draclvr. smile

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/14/21 07:47 PM

I third that!

Apparently we're all waiting for someone to take the plunge first.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/14/21 08:40 PM

I agree with the Daylight Saving Time. thumbsup

A good week for everyone.

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/14/21 09:08 PM

I'm going to be honest with you. I don't know which is "Daylight Saving Time" but I have never seen the purpose of changing the clock, either back or ahead. When I worked it was ALWAYS dark when I got up, year round and you end up needing the lights on in either the morning or the night, whichever way the time is set. It doesn't save electricity in my book!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/14/21 11:41 PM

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/14/21 11:48 PM

I agree with just leave it alone! Whatever it is, it is! This clock changing and adjusting to a big jump is ridiculous.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/15/21 12:14 AM

I was reading something today about how time as we observe it doesn't really exist. It is a modern human construct which is necessary in our lives today. But long ago, humans existed and functioned based on the seasonal and diurnal cycles.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/15/21 02:53 AM

I agree about this Time changing, leave it alone or if they can't come to their senses can't they at least meet Halfway and only change it to a Half Hour, this way it would be a bit less stressful.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/15/21 11:24 AM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Lunch and Netflix with a friend today. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/15/21 12:03 PM

Good morning everyone it's time for me to get off to work
Ahhhhn donuts thanks Connie
have a good day everybody
wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/15/21 11:34 PM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/15/21 11:56 PM

March 15... time to start my tomato seeds! Got 6 flats of them started today. My flat of pepper seeds has been up for about 2 weeks now. Will move them down under the grow lights in the basement shortly. Itching for gardening season!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/16/21 11:35 AM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Meeting at the Eagles tonight. We planted some new Azaleas and Roses yesterday. Have a good day everyone. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/16/21 12:40 PM

Back to winter here for us. We have a few inches of sleet and snow on the ground. Blech!! Hoping for quick meltage sand to see the sun again. It's so gray and gloomy out.

Have a happy day all!

Ana wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/16/21 05:30 PM

Woke up Sunday and was shocked that it was 6:40, about an hour later than usual. Then I remembered about the time change. lol I remember a few (maybe more?) years ago when the dates for the time change were set for a month later (Nov instead of Oct) and earlier (Marsh instead of April). Seems to me that was due to parents pushing to have daylight savings time extended to protect children when traveling to and from school. After how many decades of Oct and April, they got it changed. I don't remember if student safety was the original reason for the time change.

BET, at one point in my life, despite 10 years of foot surgeries, I continued going to night classes, space boot and all; as well as dealing with my husband's health and his Mom in independent living. I think I'm just worn out. DIvorce and retirement are helping me restore my energy. Keep on kicking; just be careful where you kick snicker

Got my 2nd vaccine today. Glad that's done. Next is tax [blip] and overdue doc appts. Dog goes to neurologist next week. He's fine; some days better than me woozy

puppy

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/17/21 12:55 AM

Too funny ButterFlyBabe ... I met a person Sunday morning that was trying to figure out why it was dark again in the morning and then after a little discussion remembered the same thing lol

Have a wonderful evening everyone wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/17/21 01:01 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/17/21 11:45 AM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Dinner and karaoke with friends tonight. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/17/21 01:02 PM

Good Morning Connie. Coffee and tea are ready in the Breakroom too.

waveHave a happy Day everyone! wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/17/21 03:32 PM

Good morning Connie Gerry and Family ... whoa!!! Donuts and coffee this morning woot

Have a wonderful day!!

wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/18/21 02:16 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/18/21 11:51 AM

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/18/21 07:31 PM

I had a very lazy morning. Coffee in the living room, watching the Bald Eagles fly past the window.

We have several breeding pairs in our neighbourhood right now, plus a few juveniles from last year's hatch. There must be a carcass on the beach because they're all circling and landing somewhere just around the corner.

The juveniles are very funny to watch. They're still utterly gormless at this point, not quite adult and not sure of themselves yet. In spite of their size, they seem to be terrified of the gulls, which chase them all over the place.

We've also had some vultures show up recently, and I saw a goldfinch yesterday, so the migration has started.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/18/21 09:54 PM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/18/21 10:20 PM

Cold, rainy, dark day here. Very lazy and didn't get much accomplished!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/18/21 11:19 PM

Cold, rainy, dark day here. Very lazy and didn't get much accomplished!

Sometimes you just need a day like that.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/19/21 12:50 AM

Hello all ... windy and cool today following yesterday & night's severe weather here ... full day at work and this will continue to the end of next week as we are running an event at work
[Linked Image]

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/19/21 12:52 AM

Ugh. I'm feeling a bit ill right now. My brother received 3 letters in the mail today regarding his "unemployment claim" and "address change". He DID NOT file either!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/19/21 01:27 AM

Insane winds, rain, sleet and then sunshine late but still crazy windy. Fun day to work outside. lol

hagatha, how fortunate to have the bald eagles so close. We are getting more and more by us, I see them about once a week. They are so majestic.

Friday tomorrow. Woohoo!

EDIT: oldbroad, almost every person I know had that happen. My husband included. The post office, police dept and IDES all have assistance for it. Crazy world we live in!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/19/21 11:10 AM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Have a Great day. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/19/21 01:23 PM

Good morning to you all. happydance

Covid vaccine around noon today for my wife and I. joy

The rest of the day will be as usual: reading, TV and a walk.

Take care.

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/19/21 05:02 PM

Chief, how wonderful to be getting your shots!

We're still waiting for news about when we can have ours. I'm not eligible yet anyway, but it would be nice to know.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/19/21 05:15 PM

hagatha, it took one hour including the 15 minutes of observation after the shot in the arm. happydance

A great organization and my wife and I will have the second shot in July.

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/19/21 05:26 PM

Why so long in between the shots? Pfizer is 3 weeks and Moderna is 4 weeks.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/19/21 05:38 PM

I’ve had both of mine. We still aren’t going into restaurants but I feel al whole lot safer!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/19/21 05:43 PM

Draclvr, good question.

Here we get the AstraZeneca vaccine and I do not have a response to your question.......... duh

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/19/21 05:46 PM

Ah, I see. I think they are doing that in the UK too. I believe AstraZeneca says 12 weeks between shots. We got the Pfizer here. Some people are getting Moderna. Excited for the single shot Johnson and Johnson too!
Posted By: copper

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/19/21 06:02 PM

hagatha, I see you live in B.C. Canada too, is it just me or is it getting really confusing about who, when and where we can get our shots?

I seem to be months away from getting mine and I'm no healthy spring chicken!!!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/19/21 08:56 PM

I see the US is going to start shipping excess vaccines to Canada and Mexico once the US population is vaccinated. I hope all who choose to get one are able to do so sooner than later. It is such a good feeling!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/19/21 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by copper
hagatha, I see you live in B.C. Canada too, is it just me or is it getting really confusing about who, when and where we can get our shots?

I seem to months away from getting mine and I'm no healthy spring chicken!!!

I'm on the Island, and as far as I know only the local Band members have had their shots.

I thought my husband would have been eligible because he's a cancer patient, but we've heard nothing so far. I, too, am no spring chicken (though I hasten to add that I am not yet eligible for OAS lol ) and it looks as though I have to wait until the end of June or thereabouts.

Anyway, yes, it's confusing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/19/21 10:00 PM

I see the US is going to start shipping excess vaccines to Canada and Mexico once the US population is vaccinated. I hope all who choose to get one are able to do so sooner than later. It is such a good feeling!

I just saw your post.

Ironically, a large proportion of the doctors and specialists in our area are from South Africa. They all go back and forth to visit their families, and I'm guessing they will resume travel as soon as they can.

The AZ vaccine, which is the one earmarked to come here from the US, is not effective against the South African variant of COVID, so I don't think it would be a good idea to be inoculated with that particular one since our doctors could make us sick down the road.

However, it'll be nice to see that vaccine distributed among the most vulnerable people in Canada, just not here specifically.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/20/21 12:30 AM

T.G.I.F. good evening everyone ... hope your day went well ... it's time for me to call it a day :wave;

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/20/21 12:30 AM

sport and chores.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/20/21 12:09 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Working the kitchen at the Eagles tonight, Trivia to follow. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/20/21 02:27 PM

Good morning everyone laugh Blustery cool day today ... but the sun pokes out occasionally so that's goodness for sure ... we're off to hiking with little Soot today ... I'll definitely need some extra energy so I think Donuts will do the job thumbsup

wave

penguin

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/20/21 03:33 PM

So, Happy First Day of Spring to everyone! It's cold here, but we have sun, sun, sun. I'll take it.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/20/21 04:07 PM

Cold and sunny here, too. Another lazy morning drinking coffee and watching whatever wildlife is out there -- pretty much the same as every morning. In retirement every day is Saturday. It's a good gig, highly recommended. smile

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/21/21 01:08 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/21/21 01:21 AM

Beautiful day today! My grandson is here for the weekend, so we took Nugget and drove to Mount Baldy in the Indiana Dunes for beach day. Nugget swam a lot but I had to force her to stay out for periods of time because Lake Michigan is only 34 degrees right now. We had a blast!

Looks like everyone else enjoyed some outside time too! Yay!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/21/21 11:21 AM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Breakfast out this morning. Going to friend's to celebrate their Birthday later today. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/21/21 11:46 AM

Good Morning Connie. Coffee and tea are ready. Going for an early morning walk. Chilly but a beautiful sunny day.

hug Enjoy your day everyone! hug

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/21/21 03:12 PM

A wonderfull Sunday to everyone. happydance

We will get a nice sunny temp of 50 today.

Spring is here and a lot of kids are with their bike around the parc where we live. joy

A good day for a walk of course.

Take care.

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/22/21 01:31 AM

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/22/21 03:12 AM

We actually got part of one of the big gardens tilled up with the big tiller on the back of the tractor. I didn't think it would work because we've gotten so much rain the last couple of weeks! So tomorrow is planting potatoes and onions. Moved some of my trays of baby pepper plants down to the basement under the grow lights. And I have tomato plants poking their little heads up!

Yay, I think spring might finally be here!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/22/21 05:02 AM

Today might as well have been mid-December, freezing cold, windy and pouring rain. cry No gardening for us.

Had a fun day playing Cyberpunk 2077 and chasing my (slightly overweight) cat around the house for biting me on the ankles, the little rat. It's her favourite game. She cannot resist a bare ankle, and even socks are at risk. Apparently it's all the more fun if the chasing is accompanied by roaring and threats.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/22/21 10:43 AM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the NC. Routine doctor visit this morning. Lunch and Netflix with a friend later today. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/22/21 09:21 PM

Moanday Monday everybody laugh Will be a busy week for me but it only lasts 3 maybe 4 more days at the most ... so that's not bad at all!! Have a great evening wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/22/21 10:56 PM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/23/21 11:48 AM

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/23/21 03:33 PM

Why do cloudy rainy days make you feel like a slug!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/24/21 02:43 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/24/21 11:12 AM

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/24/21 02:34 PM

Vet appointments for us. One tricky one... a barn cat has a severe UTI. But she's a hair psycho and is not catchable! Going to talk to the vet this morning and see what my options are. The 100 pound Bloodhound is this afternoon and hubby will take her. She's so big she can't fit in my small truck, so he has to take her in his big truck!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/24/21 04:22 PM

Drac, I think that's what cloudy, rainy days are supposed to do lol Speaking of which, had one here yesterday, and I had to take dog to his delayed neurology visit. Asked the doc a question and while she was talking and looking thru his thick file, I had a hard time paying attn to the point she asked if I was still there. Any way, he's actually gained a few pounds which is good. Told her nothing else new or bad since he last saw her. She talked about starting him on something that could possibly help delay the effects of the muscle deterioration; but it could affect his liver, and the procedure to administer it involves using gloves. Decided to forego unless it's obvious he's is pain or not enjoying life. Don't want to 'fix' something that doesn't appear broken. She noted the only thing that wasn't done was to check his pituitary gland, so I allowed them to take blood to check it out. His regular vet checkup is in June, see how things go til then. After neurologist went straight to play care for rest of the day. Happy dog. Happy me. joy2 lab

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/24/21 06:07 PM

butterflybabe, I know you've said what your dog was diagnosed with, but I don't remember?

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/24/21 07:49 PM

Lil Soot and I had a beautiful run in the park. Kept the miles and the pace down for the wee man, and then played ball afterwards. Home to get everyone fed. Rain supposed to be back later. I hope you are all having a wonderful day!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/24/21 09:59 PM

Good afternoon... Happy Camel Day penguin

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/25/21 12:46 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/25/21 11:06 AM

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/25/21 02:08 PM

Tea and a lap-sit with my cat in front of the fire. It's still very cold in the morning here. Perhaps later we'll go out in the boat, since it promises to be a sunny day.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/25/21 04:13 PM

Drac, my dog has some kind of autoimmune condition that is slowly eating away at his muscles. The skull bone on either side of his head as well as his shoulders bones are easily visible beneath his skin. There is nothing, or very little between the bone and skin. It was first detected by an MRI that showed most visible damage to his skull. They tried to pinpoint the cause but blood tests all came back negative. So the basis for his condition is a mystery. He still has enough muscle in the back of his body to allow him to move around, but his activity is restricted. The play care center knows this and keeps his fun down to watching and enjoying time with the handlers. At least he's not home being bored.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/25/21 06:59 PM

Poor baby! I have never heard of something like this. Sounds like you are making sure he has the best life possible though!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/25/21 09:18 PM

Hagatha, that sounds like a very lovely day

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/25/21 10:02 PM

Hello everyone good afternoon hope you all had a great day and a wonderful evening wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/25/21 10:38 PM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/26/21 12:55 AM

Had a rough day today on the medical front but we both managed to cheer up and enjoy another sunny Spring day. It's very cold and windy, though, so no boating yet.

Stay well, everyone.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/26/21 11:49 AM

Donuts and Danish in the Break Room.. Shopping today, as Robert is going fishing with a friend this weekend. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/26/21 10:38 PM

Woo Hoo Hoo ... Donuts to cap off a great hike today woot

Have a great evening everyone wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/27/21 12:14 AM

sports and chores.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/27/21 01:59 AM

I hate to hear that, hagatha. I remember those down days and up days with my 2nd husband. Like a roller coaster at times. At least you got to enjoy some sun and lets hope for a good boat day soon!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/27/21 11:31 AM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Dinner and karaoke tonight at the Eagles. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/27/21 02:23 PM

I fixed hubby his weekly biscuits and gravy with eggs and bacon this morning. He is pre-diabetic and two biscuits would kill his carbs for the whole day. But I found a place on-line that sells tons of low carb stuff including a mix for country biscuits that is only 2 grams per biscuit. He even likes them better than my made-from-scratch baking powder biscuits! I can't eat that much food in the morning, so I just grabbed a piece of bacon with my coffee. Maybe later I'll check the Gameboomers Break Room later to see of there are any left-over Danish! Looks like it's going to be a great day to start cleaning out the perennial beds.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/27/21 05:21 PM

I’d sure like the name of those biscuits, Drac. I am not having a fun day. Lost interest yesterday. With all the bad storms we had I am lucky that is all. Today I got up a six and went down and feed the donkeys and horses. I am here alone as Carol is in California right now . We are supposed to have another round here today and tonight. Between 2-4 severe weather. Trying to decide if I pull out a sleeping bag and sleep in the downstairs area.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/27/21 05:53 PM

I hate to hear that, hagatha. I remember those down days and up days with my 2nd husband. Like a roller coaster at times. At least you got to enjoy some sun and lets hope for a good boat day soon!

Thanks. Yes, it is a roller coaster. But we still enjoy most of our days, and thank our lucky stars that we live where we do. The ocean is a constant source of entertainment and wonder. It's impossible not to feel at peace living here. And we have wonderful neighbours, who have created a small COVID bubble so that my guy can still have a social life.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/27/21 06:10 PM

That's so nice you have a small group of people to socialize with! We have one couple we talked about forming a "COVID pod" with. Then we tried to think of others we could add from all our other friends. We couldn't think of one single person! Where we live, they are mostly COVID deniers and anti-maskers. Now that we are fully vaccinated, it lets us breathe a little bit easier. Still super careful because we are both over 70 and have multiple pre-existing conditions that could be deadly for us.

Beautiful warm day here! Just picked up my $400 barn cat from the vet! She is not a happy camper, but is glad to be back home. Now I'm heading out to start cleaning up the flower beds.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/28/21 12:39 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/28/21 11:28 AM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Going to the Eagles later to audit the books for the Ladies Aux. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/28/21 03:11 PM

lab

Good morning everyone and Happy Sunday to one and all ... I'll have a Danish to go Connie as I'm off to enjoy Sunday projects and relaxation penguin

wave2

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/28/21 05:05 PM

Good morning everyone! Sorry for not stopping in this week, it's been a challenging one. Lost a big favorite client due to moving out of the country, 3 deaths, my best friend getting a job in another state and a boarder that is proving to be quite the challenge and a busier than usual work week. I've had a case of the blues.
Spring break here so my week will be hectic.

Wishing you all a good day!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/28/21 05:33 PM

BET, that's really tough! So much loss at once slapforehead I can empathize with that kind of angst and frustration.
I hope you feel better soon. yes

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/28/21 07:36 PM

Man, this has been a rough week for you, Ana. Glad it's behind you.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/28/21 09:33 PM

court shows and even perry mason, and chores, starting with perry mason, america court with judge kevin ross, the people court, judge greg mathis, justice with judge mablean ,the verdict with judge hatchett, judge judy. after covid-19 shot at sams and grocery shopping at kroger.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/29/21 11:41 AM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Lunch and Netflix with a friend . Joint meeting at the Eagles tonight. Hugs Ana. hug

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/29/21 05:11 PM

Moanday Moaning everyone .., it's back to work and taking care of business ... I grabbed a Danish to go this morning Connie ... enjoy Netflix yes
wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/29/21 05:31 PM

More howling wind. I suspect the ferries have been shut down all along the coast.

Another nice morning for drinking coffee in front of the fire with our lazy cat.

Other than that, my day consists of a bike ride, possibly a walk along the river this afternoon, and some Netflix. I'm re-watching Deep Space Nine, which was always my favourite Star Trek. After you wade through the uneven first three seasons it's pretty darned good TV, considering the era in which it was made.

Ana, that's a lot to deal with all at once. I hope this week is better for you.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/30/21 12:46 AM

same thing, except covid-19 shot til april 26, and grocery shopping,, i do not need anything.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/30/21 10:53 AM

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/30/21 01:05 PM

Good morning everyone!

Have a great day laugh

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/30/21 04:32 PM

I was thrilled this morning to find that I fit into a pair of pants I couldn't get into a year ago. Even if I don't exercise everyday, doing something via zoom twice a week makes a difference. yes

Drac, my closest friend had Covid just over a year ago. Was pretty bad but, at least, she didn't end up on a ventilator. Her mother insists she just had a bad case of the flue. Every time she goes to a family gathering, she is the only one wearing a mask. They laugh at her and think she's being silly and ridiculous. Somehow she's able to not let it get to her.

Got an appointment to get my hair done for first time in over a year; been cutting the ends off myself.

I've been wanting to replace the window treatments in my home since I moved here 8 years ago. I was about to make an appointment to get it done when Covid hit. Now the store is open but they won't come to my house which had been part of the 'full' service. So, I have to go to the store to see possibilities and order what I want, then they outsource the measuring and installation. They said it's not a big deal to measure and install myself; they could talk me through it. I said no way. I know my limits. So much, too much has changed rolleyes

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/30/21 06:08 PM

Way to go, butterflybabe! I'm just grateful I can still get into the same jeans as I did last year! My back issues keep me from exercising like I used to. This last back injection is not working as well as they usually do. But I've still got a good 100+ tomato plants that popped their heads out last week, so hoping for a good gardening season!

Yeah, my step-son was in the hospital for 4 days with COVID and was on the verge of being put on a ventilator. But they tried one of the experimental therapies and it worked. Man, was he ever sick though - said he'd never been through something like that in his life... including seasonal flu.

Now that I'm fully vaccinated, I've gone in town and gotten a haircut. What a relief!

Picked up a new glasses prescription this morning and am now heading back outside to continue working on cleaning up perennial beds. Save me a Danish!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/30/21 07:36 PM

I had not had a haircut in about 3 years. Once I tried to cut it myself but was afraid to cut off more than an inch. Last week I finally did it. I chopped off about 6 inches! It is all crooked but I don't care!! lol

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/30/21 09:00 PM

I've seen some pretty good memes about COVID haircuts! lol

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/31/21 12:14 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/31/21 02:45 AM

I'm still faithfully plugging away on my stationary bike and starting to feel some progress, though it's sometimes difficult to tell because my asthma is flaring up right now and I'm easily out of breath if I push too hard. Today I did a nice ride through Bucharest. Looks like a beautiful city.

A haircut would be so nice. My hair is really think and curly and grows fast, and since I haven't had a cut for almost a year it's getting to be a real chore to care for it. I look like a wild woman unless I tie it back. lol I can hardly wait until I can go to my stylist, but it could be a while yet. We're back on semi-lockdown here for three weeks and I still don't qualify for my shots yet.

We finally have some signs of Spring, though. I walked up to the mailbox this afternoon and realized my coat was far too warm for the day. Had a cruise through the garden to see what needs doing. I'll have to get to the garden centre to replace all my spring bulbs with perennials that rabbits and deer won't eat, because my crocuses and daffodils were there yesterday but they're gone today. thumbsdown

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/31/21 11:13 AM

Good morning, Donuts and Danish in the Break Room. Dinner and karaoke with friends tonight. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/31/21 01:59 PM

Good morning and a nice day to you all. happydance

We are expecting 2 to 3 inches of snow tomorrow but good warmer temp after that.

Not much to do today: a good walk, a good book and some TV. grin

Take care.

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 03/31/21 02:05 PM

Just checked the weather and by this weekend it's supposed to be in the 80's for several days! Not sure if I'm ready for it to be quite that warm, but it hit freezing temps last night. You can keep your snow, Chief! Slept in this morning, so I hope there is a Danish left. I'm closing the Rescue Ranch this week and I have to feed 16 horses, emaciated donkeys and one very skinny mule at 10:00 at night, so it was late by the time I got done reading!

Watched a pair of Canada geese next to one of the gardens this morning. Bella the Bloodhound went out to sniff around and check them out and they waddled down to the pond in the pasture. Looks like we might have a pair that will raise some baby geese down there...

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/01/21 12:15 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/01/21 12:01 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Mani/Pedi today, then lunch and shopping with a friend. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/01/21 01:52 PM

Good morning, everyone! Save me a Danish for later! Had to run my $350 barn cat back in to the vet this morning. Picked her up Saturday full of antibiotics and painkillers for a severe UTI and her first full round of vaccinations in 4 years. She's pretty psycho, so trying to get her in a cat carrier would normally also involve a trip to the ER for me. But she's sick enough, I had no trouble handling her. She's gotten sicker since I brought her home, so called and dropped her off this morning.

Then it's a routine visit to my dermatologist and groceries. Bowling tonight followed by closing the Ranch again at 10:00.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/01/21 01:54 PM

Sorry to hear about your cat, hope she gets better quickly, Drac.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/01/21 03:40 PM

Well I lied woozy Changed my mind and cancelled my haircut. Instead will spend the energy to go to order window treatments. The hair can wait. Tired of seeing the ugly stuff in my house, gotta pretty it up a little yes

Drac, I know about back issues. I've found chiropractic very helpful. Other friends have turned to back massages. Both help the back release tension. At least for me, my pain is combo of aging arthritis and tension. My back stiffens easily, even just from frustration when I can't move around as easily as I used to. It's a strain to stand long enough to prepare a meal. Trying to not take out walker again. I'm hoping, being able to spend time with friends will help a little. I know I need to laugh more. woozy

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/01/21 05:50 PM

For sure, more laughing is definitely better! My back issues cannot be resolved with chiropractic of massage which is why I finally had to resort to the back injections. They are a miracle. My husband is even worse off than me. He has already had three back surgeries and is doing anything to avoid another. The stenosis in his spine finally got so bad, the injections no longer worked. He's getting nerve blocks about once a year and is back to doing almost everything.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/01/21 09:00 PM

Drac, I hope kitty will be okay.

The 4 that we have, that we brought in from outside in 2008, are still not able to be put into pet taxis. They all went to the vet at one time when they were young to be "fixed" but have never been back since. My brother tried getting one of the girls in a taxi a couple of times when she was sick but he was unable to. One of them I have NEVER touched but she loves my brother. She comes upstairs where I live but dashes madly past me and away from me. One is just currently finding out that it's not all bad being held (the mom of the other 3). Her and the boy both love my lap and sleeping on/with me but holding them up on the shoulder area is where problems start (not that I'm capable of holding them long anyway). One girl loves me to pet her on the living room floor but will not come in my bedroom while I'm in there (the one who my brother couldn't get in the taxi). They are all very weird! yes catrub

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/01/21 09:14 PM

Hey Ho everyone laugh

Hope the day is treating you well think

Are there any donuts left Connie?

Have a great afternoon wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/01/21 10:03 PM

Thanks, oldbroad. Unfortunately, we had to make the hard decision to euthanize Voldemort today. I had just brought her home Saturday full of antibiotics and vaccinations. But she just went downhill and today they found a giant stone in her bladder taking up at least 60% of the bladder. Vet said she had never seen a stone that size in a female cat. She was so dehydrated that it would have taken at least two or more days to stabilize her enough to do surgery. She said she may or may not be urinary continent after the surgery and she worried about urine burn. So we decided we just didn't want to put her through any more. She's been so miserable and sick and in pain. She was "just" a barn cat, but she was our barn cat!

My vet tech friend gave me a good tip to get unwilling cats into a carrier. Make a kitty burrito with a large towel! It works because most of mine are like yours!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/01/21 10:07 PM

Aw Drac. I am sorry. Poor kitty frown.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/01/21 11:48 PM

Drac, I am so sorry to hear about Voldemort. I worry when one of my ferals don't come to eat so I understand that "just a barn cat" doesn't mean it wasn't part of the family. So very sorry. hearts

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/02/21 12:02 AM

Drac, I'm sorry about your cat. I've always missed mine terribly when they've gone.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/02/21 12:17 AM

Hello there...super busy day. Got my 2nd covid shot and then came home and worked out. Now cooling down post bath and then going to curl up with a book. Have a great night everyone

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/02/21 01:19 AM

same thing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/02/21 04:39 AM

Thanks, everyone. I had a feral cat show up here pregnant 4 1/2 years ago. I tamed her and made sure the kittens were all socialized. A friend took two of them and I had the remaining 4 kittens. I needed barn cats as the mice were terrible in the barn and the chicken house. The Colorado grandkids were here that summer and they picked out names for all of them, but the last yellow tabby they just couldn't think of a name. My son said, how about "Voldemort, he who cannot be named." I laughed and said the kitten was a girl, but the kids didn't care, so Voldemort it was! When I went up to the hayloft to feed the 17 year old cat and Wally, another stray, I sure missed her tonight.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/02/21 12:18 PM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Draclvr, I'm so sorry you lost your kitty. Breakfast out with a friend this morning. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/02/21 01:51 PM

Oh Drac ... so sorry to hear of your loss ... we so miss our little companions when they're gone!

Good timing this morning as got here in time before the donuts were all gone happydance
Have a wonderful T.G.I.F. Friday everyone wave2

penguin

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/02/21 02:42 PM

Slept late again, so am hoping there is a Danish left for me! Bowling last night followed by closing the horse Rescue Ranch again. Got home so late, I didn't have much time to read. I was a tired puppy! Regular guy will be back to take over the closing tonight.

Was below freezing again last night, but we are supposed to have a bunch of glorious warm days coming up!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/02/21 05:51 PM

Good morning everyone (it's still morning here!). We're having an Easter lunch around a beach fire today with our little bubble of friends, as long as it doesn't rain.

Yesterday was my cat's first out door walk of the year (she wears a leash and harness). The warmer weather has her shooting around the house being especially vocal, so I figured it was time. We did a tour of the water side of the property and sat down by the beach listening to the little rustling noises in the brambles and having a lengthy discussion about birds and the relative merits of killing them versus being summarily arrested and taken back into the house. It's an especially nice way to hang out with a cat since she's intensely focused on both her surroundings and me.

I still have no appointment for a COVID shot. Apparently there's a lot of the AZ vaccine around and I think I'll start phoning around on Monday.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/03/21 12:47 AM

sports and chores.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/03/21 11:44 AM

Good morning, Danish and Donuts in the Break Room. Shopping is on the agenda today, Sam's and Publix. Working the kitchen for our dinner tonight, karaoke to follow. summer

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room - 04/03/21 02:32 PM

I've started a shiny new thread here.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community