GB HOMEPAGE

Recipe Questions

Posted By: family

Recipe Questions - 01/15/21 05:28 PM

https://www.thecountrycook.net/chicken-philly-sandwich/ , can i use chicken breast and any bread. cool wave blackkitty catrub lab puppy kitty cat burger wavegirl angel USA

Re: Recipe Questions - 01/15/21 06:21 PM

https://thecookinchicks.com/tuna-melt-panini/ , what can i use in place off cottage cheese. cool wave blackkitty catrub lab puppy kitty cat burger wavegirl angel USA , can i use a george foreman panni press for this.
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Recipe Questions - 01/15/21 06:31 PM

Why do you want to substitute? Is it the texture? The cottage cheese will melt. If you want, you could mash it up a bit before adding.

Ricotta is a good substitute.

Re: Recipe Questions - 01/15/21 06:33 PM

thank you very much.

Re: Recipe Questions - 01/15/21 06:37 PM

And the recipe you posted is for a panini press according to the instructions. The brand name doesn’t matter

Re: Recipe Questions - 01/15/21 06:46 PM

thank you very much.

Re: Recipe Questions - 01/15/21 08:21 PM

You can use chickn breast. That’s what chicken tenders are cut from. Since this is a sub recipe, you’ll want to use sub rolls as suggested in the recipe.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Recipe Questions - 01/15/21 08:21 PM

The recipe is for chicken, so use chicken! And just use whatever your favorite bread is. I have told you before, recipes are not meant to be exact... they are a guide. I usually make a recipe by what it says the first time. But after that I use other ingredients to make it more to our liking.

Re: Recipe Questions - 01/15/21 08:44 PM

thank you guys very much.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Recipe Questions - 01/15/21 09:39 PM

You can substitute whatever you want.
My grandmother used to make "beef stroganoff."
Only she substituted chicken for the beef.
And she substituted tomato sauce for the sour cream.
etc.
What she ended up with was more like chicken cacciatore than beef stroganoff.
Nothing like beef stroganoff at all.

It didn't matter.
She liked it.
There's no law saying you have to follow a recipe exactly.
Just don't try substituting salt for sugar in a cake.

My brother makes his "tuna fish" sandwiches with canned chicken.
The canned chicken even smells sort of like canned tuna.
Some people call canned chicken "tuna of the dirt" because of the tuna-like way it smells.
That's a pun on the "Chicken of the Sea" brand of tuna.

Re: Recipe Questions - 01/15/21 09:46 PM

Exactly what I say about recipes too! It's a good place to start, but substitute what you want! Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't!

Re: Recipe Questions - 01/15/21 11:16 PM

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Recipe Questions - 01/16/21 02:21 AM

family, I combined the recipe questions. You can keep adding different questions to this thread please and thank you. It takes up a lot less room on the board if we don't open threads for each one.

thanks

Re: Recipe Questions - 01/16/21 04:21 AM

Thank you, Ana. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with family's questions.

Re: Recipe Questions - 01/16/21 04:10 PM

thank you ana, sorry about that.

Re: Recipe Questions - 01/16/21 06:10 PM

No problem, Family! Just post your questions here and we will still respond to you!
Posted By: butterflybabe

Re: Recipe Questions - 01/16/21 06:16 PM

FYI that I've always known tuna sandwiches to be made with cheddar cheese. Yummy!

Re: Recipe Questions - 01/19/21 11:29 PM

https://cookthisagainmom.com/super-easy-chicken-divan/ and https://www.kyleecooks.com/chicken-divan/, i might make one of them, can i use frozen broccoli.

Re: Recipe Questions - 01/20/21 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by family

Sure. Just thaw the frozeen broccoli first and drain off any water before adding it to the recipe.

Re: Recipe Questions - 01/20/21 12:43 AM

thank you very much.

Re: Recipe Questions - 01/20/21 02:24 AM

family, just note that frozen broccoli has a different consistency than fresh. I won't eat canned or frozen veggies.

Re: Recipe Questions - 01/20/21 02:45 PM

Re: Recipe Questions - 04/13/21 04:18 PM

Quick & Easy Shepherd's Pie Recipe (Made with Ground Beef)shepherd pie can i use beef sauce for (1.5oz) packet of beef stew seasoning mix,.
Posted By: copper

Re: Recipe Questions - 04/13/21 05:08 PM

You can use whatever you like, there are no "rules" in a recipe, always adjust to your taste.

My husband hates veggies in a Shepards Pie, so ours are just ground beef and onion, my husband does not think of onions as a vegetable!

So use whatever seasoning you like the taste of.

Shepard's Pies are one of the best "comfort" foods in the world, as long as you put what YOU like in them.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Recipe Questions - 04/13/21 05:23 PM

In the U.K. we make shepherd's pie with minced lamb and cottage pie with minced beef - because over here, shepherds mind sheep grin
Posted By: copper

Re: Recipe Questions - 04/13/21 05:54 PM

My husband and I were both born in the U.K. but strangely enough both our Mothers used ground beef (AKA mince) in their Shepard Pies, his in the far north of England and mine down in the southeast, so ground beef it is for us.

Must have been weird looking sheep confused some people!!!!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Recipe Questions - 04/13/21 07:31 PM

I don't know anything about Shepard's Pie but what do you mean by beef SAUCE family? Beef stew seasoning mix is a powder. There is already tomato soup in the recipe.

Re: Recipe Questions - 04/13/21 09:09 PM

that what i have, but the recipe calls for beef stew seasoning mix,, i cannot find it.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Recipe Questions - 04/13/21 09:29 PM

[quote=copper]My husband and I were both born in the U.K. but strangely enough both our Mothers used ground beef (AKA mince) in their Shepard Pies, his in the far north of England and mine down in the southeast, so ground beef it is for us.

Must have been weird looking sheep confused some people!!!!

Copper ....
If you Google the UK recipe for shepherd's pie you will find that the meat ingredient is lamb 🙂

Re: Recipe Questions - 04/13/21 09:36 PM

What copper said, family. Substitute whatever you want. I've told you before that recipes are just guidelines.

That's good, Mad!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Recipe Questions - 04/13/21 09:41 PM

Here is an example of what a beef seasoning mix packet looks like here. At my local stores they are anywhere between a dollar and a dollar fifty apiece.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Recipe Questions - 04/13/21 09:49 PM

Thanks Marian. I think you should ask in the store family. Maybe you're looking in the wrong place.

Re: Recipe Questions - 04/13/21 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by oldbroad
Thanks Marian. I think you should ask in the store family. Maybe you're looking in the wrong place.

Yes, these seasoning packets are usually found with a bunch of other seasoning packets such as taco seasoning, enchiladas, chili, spaghetti sauce packets, etc.

Re: Recipe Questions - 04/13/21 10:20 PM

thanks marian very much.

Re: Recipe Questions - 04/13/21 10:21 PM

I hope you are able to find something like this in the store, family.
© 2021 GameBoomers Community