GB HOMEPAGE

What is your Feel Good Movie?

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/17/21 10:14 PM

My hubby is out and I have my usual feel good, background movie on while I work on the computer. I play it at least 5 times a week. He always laughs when he comes home because it's always playing.

My favorite this year that I don't tire of has been The Secret Life of Pets 2. Another one that makes me smile without fail is Overboard.

Do you have a favorite movie(s) you like to watch that lightens whatever load you are carrying mentally?

Ana wave
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/17/21 10:22 PM

What comes to mind is Sound of Music. I love that movie... I think I could sing the whole thing.....listen. laugh
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/18/21 01:00 AM

One of my favorites is the romantic and delightful A Room with a View, which is wonderfully acted and beautifully photographed.

Winfrey,
The Sound of Music has a warm place in my heart. I had the lead in the musical when I was a senior in high school, and I got to meet the real Maria von Trapp the summer after I graduated.
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/18/21 01:28 AM

Oh man that's a hard one cuz I like soooo many movies. For pure feel good I'd have to say My Neighbor Totoro (Anime by Hayao Miyazaki - Studio Ghibli) - very heart warming. For romantic comedy, Moonstruck, hands down - I love the characters, and the chemistry between the actors in that movie is amazing. If I'm in the mood for straight up silly comedy, then it's got to be either Hot Shots or History of the World Part 1 - Both full of slapstick and just ridiculous humor. Still the only movies that produce a belly laugh from me no matter how many times I've seen them.
Posted By: Marian

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/18/21 02:54 AM

Tootsie with Dustin Hoffman. Just watched it again the other night and it always lifts my spirits.
Posted By: hagatha

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/18/21 05:35 AM

Monty Python's Holy Grail. Or Life of Brian. Those never get old. And I should add The Mask -- Jim Carrey at his ridiculous best.
Posted By: Mad

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/18/21 03:00 PM

"Overboard" is one of my favourite films also, BrownEyedTigre lol Both actors at their finest bravo

And another is the musical "The King and I" - with Deborah Kerr and Yul Brynner - even though the ending is so sad.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/18/21 03:27 PM

Love movies! Groundhog Day always makes me laugh
Posted By: butterflybabe

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/18/21 05:18 PM

I, too, enjoy movies and I don't typically watch the same one over and over again. Lately, I've been into those where the good guys get the bad guys and all end well. If I don't catch the whole movie, sometimes I'll catch the middle or ends of some just cause I know I like that part of it. Done that a few times with Shawshank's Redemption. Yesterday, caught the end of Air Force One. Usually I prefer to enjoy one I've not seen before. I don't own any movies but will browse thru Netflix to find something.
Posted By: MsMercury

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/18/21 05:48 PM

I'm not really into movies as much as hubby, I prefer to watch series instead. I'm currently watching Outlander for the nth time! Movies that I DO like are Dirty Dancing and Grease.
Posted By: judith

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/20/21 05:02 PM

This is an old movie but I still love it: Casablanca - "We'll always have Paris".

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/20/21 05:04 PM

In respect of oldies I would mention "The African Queen".

Love it !! dance
Posted By: TLC

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/20/21 05:39 PM

The only movie that comes to mind, is any of the Twilight series. hearts
Posted By: Leeana

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/21/21 05:01 PM

Youve got Mail with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/21/21 09:30 PM

I don't have a "feel good movie" because I don't watch many movies but I do rather like Pretty Woman. The other night I watched Cinderella for the first time and it was good. Rom coms are my thing usually.
Posted By: soot

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/21/21 10:45 PM

The Goodbye Girl with Richard Dreyfuss and Marsha Mason comes to mind first ... a favorite of ours
movies I watch many times a week include ... Lucy & Edge of Tomorrow
movies I watch when I catch them on TV ... Wall-E ... E.T. ... Ground Hog Day ... Lady and the Tramp ... 2012 ... Dante's Peak ... Titanic (one of these times Jack "will" survive) ... The Day After Tomorrow ... Valerian ... John Wick 1 ... All the Lethal Weapons ... Ghost ... Alita: Battle Angel ... Frozen ... Ready Player One ... there are so many more wink
Posted By: Pandora

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/25/21 01:01 AM

There's only one movie I can't flip past when I'm searching for something to watch: 50 First Dates, and it's on a lot. Doesn't matter where it is in the movie, I'm going to watch the rest of it and laugh and cry. Hopeless romantic here. smile
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/25/21 02:59 PM

Pandora, that is a sweet movie.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/26/21 03:50 AM

I just watched a trailer of it (50 First Dates). It does look good!
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/26/21 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by LadyKestrel
The Sound of Music has a warm place in my heart.

I would choose another Julie Andrews musical -- Mary Poppins.
It's been a favorite since I first saw it as a kid.

Originally Posted by Trail_Mystic
For pure feel good I'd have to say My Neighbor Totoro...

Definitely a "feel good" movie with charming characters.

Originally Posted by hagatha
And I should add The Mask -- Jim Carrey at his ridiculous best.

Is that the movie with the dog? I liked that one.

Then there was that movie they always used to put on TV around Christmas.
Remember that one?

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/26/21 11:59 PM

When I need to laugh out loud, I watch Young Frankenstein. After watching it so many times, I can quote all of the lines, but they still get to me in the best way.

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/27/21 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jenny100

Then there was that movie they always used to put on TV around Christmas.
Remember that one?

A Christmas Story? "You'll shoot your eye out!" lol Definitely a favorite of mine!
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/27/21 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by LadyKestrel
When I need to laugh out loud, I watch Young Frankenstein. After watching it so many times, I can quote all of the lines, but they still get to me in the best way.

Oh man, I forgot about Young Frankenstein. The scene where Dr. Frankenstein first introduces the Monster to the scientific community and they sing "Putting on the Ritz" always has me in stitches. lol

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/28/21 12:13 AM

I just heard that Cloris Leachman died today. I loved her as Frau Blucher in Young Frankenstein, especially when she said, "Stay close to the candles. The stairway can be treacherous!" while holding an unlit candelabra.
Posted By: flotsam

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/28/21 01:18 AM

Believe it or not I tend to gravitate towards foody films. The Hundred Foot Journey, The Lunchbox and Babette's Feast are high up the feel good list.
And there is a wonderful documentary called Jiro Dreams of Sushi that I keep coming back to when I want inspiration for committment to an endeavour.

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 01/28/21 02:35 AM

The wide variety of genres that makes us feel better is amazing! We all are so unique!
Posted By: Albert

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 02/11/21 03:15 AM

A lot of top notch stuff has already been mentioned, but the first thing that popped into my mind was:

Bringing Up Baby - a zany Cary Grant-Katherine Hepburn flick

Then I thought of Airplane! - another really zany classic

Albert
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 02/15/21 10:25 PM

I really like the movie Gifted. As far as the holidays I always watch Love Actually and the original Miracle on 34th Street.
Posted By: soot

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 02/16/21 05:49 PM

Just watched 'The Last Dogmen' last night hearts
Posted By: colpet

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 02/23/21 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by flotsam
Believe it or not I tend to gravitate towards foody films. The Hundred Foot Journey, The Lunchbox and Babette's Feast are high up the feel good list.
And there is a wonderful documentary called Jiro Dreams of Sushi that I keep coming back to when I want inspiration for committment to an endeavour.

Excellent movies, all of them. I recently watched Toast, a British film about Nigel Slater. I recommend it if you haven't seen it yet.
My feel good movie, I guess it would be Love Actually.

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 02/24/21 02:11 AM

So many wonderful choices!!

I forgot about one that always brightens my day, My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Ana wave
Posted By: mbday630

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 02/24/21 10:16 AM

It is a kids movie, but, I loved The Good Dinosaur. I watch it all the time with the grand children.

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 02/24/21 01:17 PM

mbday, kids movies are the very best!

Re: What is your Feel Good Movie? - 02/25/21 11:59 PM

I have to mention Jack Nicholson films. He has starred in so many good ones. "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" being an absolute winner, of course, and one I have watched many times praise

Then "As Good As It Gets" I thought was another excellent one of his - which I've now also watched several times lol
© 2024 GameBoomers Community