GB HOMEPAGE

Candles in Carol Reed Birdwatcher

Posted By: ChrisMM

Candles in Carol Reed Birdwatcher - 03/25/21 05:01 PM

I know this sounds like a game question, but it really isn't. Those pretty candles in the kitchen and dining room scenes, in The Birdwatcher Carol Reed game--the ones where the base/candlestick is part of the candle. Does anyone know where I can get them, or what to search on to find something like them? They are extra cool, I would love to have one, and internet and Etsy searches have availed me not.

Thanks!
Chris
Posted By: Marian

Re: Candles in Carol Reed Birdwatcher - 03/25/21 06:14 PM

Maybe Mikael will see your post and be able to give you some info about these candles.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Candles in Carol Reed Birdwatcher - 03/25/21 06:57 PM

Since Mikael doesn't live in the US, you may have to start checking places in Sweden!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Candles in Carol Reed Birdwatcher - 03/25/21 11:04 PM

I sent Mikael a message. Hopefully he can help you!
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Candles in Carol Reed Birdwatcher - 03/25/21 11:17 PM

Hi Chris!

I don't understand which candles you mean. Can you tell me exactly where they can be seen in the game?

Re: Candles in Carol Reed Birdwatcher - 03/26/21 01:32 AM

There's one in Carol's kitchen on the kitchen table (white candles with burgundy dipped base) and one on Carol's dining room table.

Thanks so much, Mikael and everyone!

Re: Candles in Carol Reed Birdwatcher - 03/26/21 02:42 AM

They're in The Fall of April, and not The Birdwatcher. smile

They're indeed beautiful. I have no idea where they're from, but I'll ask my wife tomorrow. She'll probably know.

Re: Candles in Carol Reed Birdwatcher - 03/26/21 06:00 PM

It turned out to be more complex than I expected. They are a Swedish type of candle called “grenljus” (branch candles). They're handmade and don't seem to be available for sale on the internet.

Here's a video on how ta make them.

Re: Candles in Carol Reed Birdwatcher - 03/26/21 06:26 PM

Thank you, Mikael! That's awesome. Maybe I'll have to take up another craft. laugh
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Candles in Carol Reed Birdwatcher - 03/26/21 08:29 PM

That would be some craft to take up ChrisMM!

Re: Candles in Carol Reed Birdwatcher - 03/27/21 04:35 AM

lol Well, I probably couldn't ever do the really fancy ones, like in the game. But it might be fun to try some of the more simple designs!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community