GB HOMEPAGE

Feels great to be among the living

Posted By: judith

Feels great to be among the living - 10/13/21 05:01 PM

I don't post very much but love to read all the posts (sorry if there's spelling errors but I'm quite weak). Around three weeks ago the veins around my colon gave way & I had to be rushed to hospital, they kept me for two days then released me. The next morning I started to bleed badly & passed out on the bathroom floor, an ambulance was called & was told I was less than a quarter of a pint of blood from going to sleep & not waking up, they couldn't find a pulse & BP was 54 over 40. I'm home now but very weak & allowed up for a couple of hours a day then back to bed, thank goodness for my e-reader & my dvd's. It's great to sit in my comfy comp. chair & read all the posts especially the break room, just love all those posts. Have a great day ladies & gents & keep those breakroom posts coming. Love to you all.
Posted By: connie

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 10/13/21 05:27 PM

Judith, hugs and prayers you have a quick and easy recovery. That had to be very scary. hug hearts
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 10/13/21 05:35 PM

Holy smokes, judith! How scary for you. SO VERY glad you are on the mend. Pop in when you can as we love hearing from you too!
Posted By: Lex

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 10/13/21 05:36 PM

Glad you are on the mend: does that experience mean that weakened veins will be an ongoing problem for you, or have the medics fixed you up to be almost as good as new? I am sending good vibes in any event!catrub
Posted By: Mad

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 10/13/21 05:41 PM

Oh, judith, what a terrible experience to have to go through sad

But I'm so glad to hear you are now recovering at home and send you hug and best wishes hearts
Posted By: Marian

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 10/13/21 05:54 PM

My dear Judith, what a terrible experience to have endured. I send you my very best wishes for a complete recovery and so glad that you were able to post and let us know what has been going on. hearts
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 10/13/21 06:52 PM

Judith, that's awful. Is there going to be an ongoing treatment? In the meantime, rest up and get better.
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 10/13/21 08:03 PM

Judith, sending you prayers and positive vibes your way, I hope all is settled and that you don't have to go through that scare again.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 10/13/21 08:40 PM

Scary stuff judith. Sending some hugs and positive thoughts your way that you recover your strength soon and don't have any more of this problem. hug
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 10/13/21 09:21 PM

Judith, what a scary story! I am so glad you are on the mend. Gentle hugs
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 10/14/21 12:19 AM

Holy cow, judith! How scary! I am so glad you are here and on your way back to good health! Please keep us updated!
Posted By: Leeana

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 10/14/21 01:39 PM

Hi Judith, "Slowly" does it , Im sending you Prayers and hugs and know that I pray, you feel better with each passing day. I pray that God blesses you with an easy recovery and continuing good health.
Posted By: soot

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 10/14/21 03:28 PM

Hello Judith ... happy to hear you're able to stay with us ... I imagine the experience was quite scary ... take care and stay safe ... I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers
Dan
angel

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 10/14/21 04:40 PM

Hi everyone; sitting here in my comfy chair with my heating pad & a cup of coffee, thank you so much for your kind thoughts. I think it was Lex that asked if the veins were weak & could it happen again, working on that so it doesn't happen again, it was a large blockage which stopped the blood flow & when that happens something has to give just like a dam, so you bleed out. I was told it will take quite awhile before I'm back to fighting speed. Oh well, one step at a time. Again thanks for all the good wished. Love to you all.
Posted By: copper

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 10/14/21 06:04 PM

Like you Judith, I don't post very often but read the posts from other people everyday.

What a frighting experience to go through, so glad you are now safe at home in your comfy chair.

Stay safe and well.
Posted By: family

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 10/18/21 10:35 AM

hugs and prayers on the way, glad you are on the mend, stay safe.
Posted By: MsMercury

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 10/26/21 11:26 AM

Oh Judith, I'm so sorry to read about your experience. That must have been so scary for you. Glad to hear you are on the mend now and sending prayers and positive thoughts your way for a complete recovery.

Much love,

Mary hearts

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 11/02/21 07:40 PM

Hi everyone; Still here & doing baby steps, one step forward & two back. I have to get a blood test every week which is painful because my veins collapsed when I was in the hospital & they haven't come back yet. I would like to thank the person who sent me a get well e-card, it really made my day. Most of the day I'm in bed but I have a lot of unread books on my e-reader that I'm catching up on. Stay well everyone, love Judy.

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 11/02/21 07:51 PM

So good to hear from you, judith! You are in our thoughts and prayers. Please continue to let us know how you are getting along. flowers

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 11/02/21 09:02 PM

flowers

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 11/02/21 10:56 PM

hearts

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 11/02/21 11:50 PM

hug hug hug

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 11/03/21 01:04 AM

Thanks for updating, Judith! Glad you have something to occupy your time! Still sending prayers and positive thoughts!
Posted By: family

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 11/03/21 01:26 AM

same here.

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 11/17/21 06:54 PM

Hi everyone, still suffering from extreme anemia, I still having to go for blood tests & my veins are still not cooperating. The doctors are still ordering a lot of bed rest so it's still one day at a time. I would like to thank everyone who gives "The gift of life" because it was the 5 blood transfusions that saved my life. Sometimes we never think about it until you actually need it. Stay safe everyone & love to you all.

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 11/17/21 07:46 PM

I wish there was a way to actually help you get better judith but I hope this hug at least helps!

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 11/17/21 08:42 PM

Thank you for keeping us posted, judith. My very best wishes to you. You are in my thoughts. hearts

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 11/18/21 12:57 AM

Still in my thoughts and prayers as well, judith!

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 11/18/21 11:54 AM

Prayers and Hugs. hug
Posted By: Leeana

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 11/25/21 10:25 PM

Ho All Hi Judith so Great to see you too Im on and off havent been up to par but I play my games I feel better then I relax ... Feel Better Know This wonderful Gameboomers is like a Home away from Home Take it easy Enjoy yput games and when Im here I wish to say hello to you too Take care friend hug

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 12/09/21 06:51 PM

Hi everyone, Still recovering & on bed rest. My heart doctor is not a happy camper since they took me off blood thinners & ASA, so I'm stuck in the middle between the heart doc. & the other docs. trying to get me healthy from the severe bleed & the anemia. My hair is falling out in handfuls because of the anemia. I may have to start looking at wigs soon. Hubby has been a sweetheart, he's been doing all the shopping for Christmas, his orders are for me to sit on a kitchen chair & tell him what to do step by step on making the stuffing & turkey, my son will be here so he wants to step in also. I'll feel like the queen of the may while the men do all the work. I was told it would take a long time to recover but I have absolutely no patience. That's it for now, Love to you all, Judy

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 12/09/21 08:08 PM

Hi Judith smile

Sending you my very best wishes and hugs - and also big congratulations to that Husband of yours for truly being one in a million !!

Mad flowers hug hearts

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 12/09/21 08:08 PM

hearts
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 12/09/21 08:29 PM

Thank you for the update! I do understand why they took you off the blood thinner, but the docs are going to have to work that one out between them! Sounds like hubby, son and you have things under control for Christmas dinner!

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 12/09/21 08:35 PM

Thank you for the update, judith. Your husband and son both sound so very helpful, and that is a real blessing. You are in my thoughts and prayers. hearts

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 12/10/21 12:05 AM

What a perfect example of love, judith! You have a keeper of a husband for sure! Still sending you positive thoughts and prayers!

Re: Feels great to be among the living - 12/10/21 12:31 PM

Judith, you have a Wonderful family. I'm sending prayers, positive thoughts, and hugs. hug
© 2024 GameBoomers Community