GB HOMEPAGE

temporary internet files

Posted By: Ladybug

temporary internet files - 02/03/10 02:29 PM

When I go into tools and click on temporary internet options & click on temporary internet Files I can delete the cookies. There is another option to delete the files, is it safe to delete the files? I periodically clear out the cookies, but I have never deleted the files. The files are a mile long & I'm afraid to delete them in case they are needed to keep the computer working properly. Thanks in advance for any help. Ladybug
Posted By: mj2c

Re: temporary internet files - 02/03/10 04:35 PM

These are just cached files. When you go to a webpage it gets cached on your machine so it loads fast when you go there again. It`s safe to get rid of these. They only really benefit you if you have a slow connection.
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: temporary internet files - 02/03/10 05:19 PM

You might also want to review the number of days of history retained (which can cause these files to grow over time).

From your browser - Click Tools, Internet Options - from the General Tab under the Browsing History section press the Settings button.

You'll see the numbers of days retained in the History section - 7 is generally more than enough.
Posted By: Ladybug

Re: temporary internet files - 02/03/10 05:53 PM

Thanks Inland. I thought it was safe to delete them, but better to ask first. Thanks again.

Ladybug
© 2024 GameBoomers Community