GB HOMEPAGE

THE SHIELD

Posted By: same

THE SHIELD - 02/06/10 01:37 AM

i have had this game forever and couldnt play it cause it wouldnt work cause i needed a new video card well i got one its a geforce 9500 and i had to increase the speed to 400 and it still isnt playing whats wrong another that needed a new video card is working so i know the video card is working and i did a belacr advisor and its recognizing it

does anyone know whats wrong
Posted By: Geo

Re: THE SHIELD - 02/06/10 05:33 PM

What happens?Do you get an error message?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: THE SHIELD - 02/06/10 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: same
i have had this game forever and couldnt play it cause it wouldnt work cause i needed a new video card well i got one its a geforce 9500 and i had to increase the speed to 400

Increase what speed to 400?

Re: THE SHIELD - 02/07/10 12:30 AM

speed is at 400 just replaced that last night it doesnt do anything it comes up and you hit play and then nothing..............the power source i increased it from 300 to 400
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: THE SHIELD - 02/07/10 12:50 AM

Are you saying you replaced your power supply in the computer? Power supplies have nothing to do with "speed." They are only wattages.

So to help Jenny figure this one out, we need to know what you mean by "speed."

Re: THE SHIELD - 02/07/10 06:27 AM

I think Same must mean wattage. At first I thought Same might have overclocked the processor to increase the speed, which could have made the computer unstable.

But back to The Shield...
Same, what happens when you try to start the game?
Do you get as far as the menu screen?
Does it give you any error messages?
Are you using XP?

Re: THE SHIELD - 02/09/10 03:55 PM

i get the screen and choose play and then nothing happen no error message or nothing..using vista

Re: THE SHIELD - 02/09/10 05:42 PM

Try un-installing,then re-installing using win-xp compatability.

Re: THE SHIELD - 02/10/10 04:02 AM

could you explain how to do that i know how to uninstall but what about the win-xp compatability

Re: THE SHIELD - 02/10/10 04:12 AM

Not sure exactly where it is in Vista but in xp it is under; programs-accessories-program compatability wizard.

Re: THE SHIELD - 02/10/10 04:30 PM

i cant seem to find what you are talking about i know i have looked into program files and in to start and couldnt find anything about what you are talking

Re: THE SHIELD - 02/10/10 07:38 PM

I Googled for
Vista compatibility wizard
and came up with ***this***
Quote:
Open the Program Compatibility Wizard by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Use an older program with this version of Windows.

Re: THE SHIELD - 02/19/10 01:19 AM

will i need to put this basck after done playing if it works or will it go back on its own
the game isnt installing what do i do about that

Re: THE SHIELD - 02/19/10 04:53 PM

No you don't need to put it back.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community