GB HOMEPAGE

About extracting music tracks from game apps . . .

Posted By: Sig Segorn

About extracting music tracks from game apps . . . - 04/02/10 05:37 AM

I'm wanting to have a couple of the new music tracks in King's Bounty: Armored Princess outside of the game, but they're not among those in the game's music folder, so they're probably incorporated into the game app itself, right? Could I try using a program like this to extract them?
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: About extracting music tracks from game apps . . . - 04/02/10 03:22 PM

It may be able to do what you want - but it's also possible that the game is shipped in a mixed mode / multi session format. Although if so, you should be able to see the .cda files somewhere.

Is this a CD or a download?

Re: About extracting music tracks from game apps . . . - 04/03/10 04:18 AM

It's a downloaded game, but I believe that's the only format Armored Princess is available in. The game's executable is 18.5 MB, so I figure the new tunes could be compressed into it and could be extracted and converted with the appropriate software. Couldn't hurt to try, I guess---on a copy of the game app, of course (I have a replay in progress).

Re: About extracting music tracks from game apps . . . - 04/07/10 07:28 AM

Turned out the tracks I was looking for were in the game's music folder after all---I just didn't preview them good enough the first time I converted copies of them all to MP3s. smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community