GB HOMEPAGE

black mirror 2

Posted By: MATTY

black mirror 2 - 05/22/10 01:03 PM

has anyone had the error message could not inialize direct x adaptor and got the game going.if so please tell me what you did. i have vista and got the highest graphic card and am updated to direct x 11
Posted By: Rushes

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/22/10 01:37 PM

Hi Matty,

I'll move this thread to Glitches as it is not a hints question. luck
Posted By: misslilo

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/22/10 05:05 PM

Happened to me too.

I just open the game DVD and opened the folder Support/directX and ran the DXSetup.exe with Admin rights from there.

Fixed my problem with installing it. smile
Posted By: Arlene95

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/24/10 01:34 AM

Hi:
I have the same problem and I'm also using Vista!!

I also did what Misslilo did, but that didn't solve the problem for me.....

Posted By: Jenny100

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/24/10 02:24 AM

You may need to install DirectX 9.0c for Windows 7 and Vista. If what comes with the game isn't working, try installing it from ***Microsoft***.

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/24/10 02:46 AM

Thank you Jenny, I went to the link you posted and I tried to install that version of DirectX, but I keep getting a message :::

"DirectX setup has determined that a newer or equivalent version of DirectX has been installed already. No installation is necessary"

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/24/10 02:54 AM

Try the one from here
http://www.filehippo.com/download_directx/

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/24/10 03:10 AM

I installed it, but I still get the same message frown ... I give up, thank you for your help Jenny I really appreciate it wink

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/24/10 05:53 PM

Arlene, what video card do you have?
Are you sure it meets the game's requirements?
Maybe you need to try different video drivers?
Posted By: BillyBob

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/24/10 08:55 PM

I just got the game today and installed it but also get the "error" message.

I already have DirectX 9.0c but tried installing it again from both the DVD Disk directly and used the game install to do it but nothing works.

Is the following insufficient to run the game?

Windows XP Professional (5.1 Build 2600)
Sys. Mfgr. = MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
Sys. Mdl. = KM400-8235
BIOS = Phoenix - AwardBI05 v6.00PG
Processor = AMD Sempron™ 2300+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.66Hz
Memory = 1024 MB RAM
Page File = 219MB used, 1476 MB available
DirectX Version = DirectX 9.0C (4.090000.0904)
ATI Radeon Series 9200 Video Card

This is only the second game I've ever found a problem in installing.

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/24/10 09:44 PM

I don't think the Radeon 9200 supports Shader 2.0, Billybob, and the minimum specs for Black Mirror 2 require Shader Model 2 (Shader Model 3 recommended).
***Wikianswers*** says
Quote:
Which ATI Radeon has pixel shader 2.0 or higher?

any 9xxx after and not including the 9250
any Xxxx after and including the X300
Posted By: GIOVANNA LARIOU

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/24/10 10:04 PM

I have bought the original game but I cannot make it run. Why? Please help me. duh

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/24/10 10:08 PM

Thanks.

Until now I've never heard of Shader 2.0,

Looks like I'm out of luck. Not going to buy another Video Card just for this game.

Waited a long time for a new game and now have wasted a lot of money; guess I'll have to sell the game.

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/24/10 10:28 PM

Billybob,
You might want to hang onto it. Some day you'll probably get a new computer, or at least a new video card.

Giovanna,
If you have Vista or Windows 7, the reason the original Black Mirror won't run is probably because of the StarForce copy "protection."

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/24/10 10:50 PM

@Jenny

I'm running XP and why this protection forbiden me for running an original game? duh

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/24/10 10:58 PM

That early version of StarForce doesn't work with Vista or Windows 7. Some people with XP can't get it working either (check ***Amazon reviews***). It also doesn't work with some CD drives, especially if their read speed is a little different from what is expected.

It prevents you from running the original game because it doesn't work the way it was meant to.

Are you able to locate the game folder on your PC?
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/24/10 11:01 PM

Giovanna, I checked old posts and unless you have gotten a new computer or upgraded your video card since last November, you still have a very old GeFroce 5200 video card. You were trying to run CSI Deadly Intent and could not because of the old video card.

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/24/10 11:12 PM

Draclvr,
I don't think the 5200 is too old to run Black Mirror (the first one). The requirements on the TAC website say it only needs an 8MB DirectX(r) 7.1 Compatible Video Card.

It certainly won't run Black Mirror 2 though.

I thought by "the original game" she was talking about the first Black Mirror.

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/24/10 11:29 PM

Guys,

I really I do not understand what are you talking about? Have I done something wrong in order to run this game that I have bought? Do you really think that | Have to buy a new computer in order to run this game. Sorry I cannot do it. I do not think that my computers lack of something, So far I have played all the adventure games that were in the market, any way whistle

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/24/10 11:32 PM

No of course you didn't do anything wrong.
Do you have the first Black Mirror or the second one?

The first Black Mirror is the one with the StarForce problem.

The second one is the one your video card won't work with.

By "original" I thought you were referring to the first Black Mirror.

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/25/10 08:36 AM

@Jenny

I have already played the first one when it was released and now I'm trying to run the second one with no success. Unfortunately I do not have any money to buy a new video card so, poor me cry

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/25/10 02:04 PM

I probably spoke too soon. Haven't been in a very good mood lately, what with the way things have been going the past year and more. I need something to get me over this depressive mood I've been in so I think I'll go look for a new card tonigh. Just realized I've had this ATI9200 VC a l-o-n-g time and it's probably time to change. Got to keep these new games coming so buying and playing them is the only hope we have of accomplishing that. laugh
Posted By: MaG

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/25/10 02:15 PM

Bob,

You go try to play Black Mirror 2. It sounds like your kind of game. Keep on truckin'. smile

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/25/10 04:15 PM

Good luck, Billybob.
You can check the chart on ***this wikipedia page*** to see which cards have pixel shader 2.0 or higher.

Giovanna, I'm sorry you can't play the game. If you can't afford a new card, maybe you can trade it for something. Even if I sent you a card, you'd probably have to get someone to install it for you and set up the drivers.

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/25/10 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
Arlene, what video card do you have?
Are you sure it meets the game's requirements?
Maybe you need to try different video drivers?

Jenny, can you please tell me where to go to find out what video card I have??

Thanks so much for your help, I really want to solve this problem, I have Vista...

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/26/10 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Arlene95
Jenny, can you please tell me where to go to find out what video card I have??

Click the Start orb in the lower left of your screen and type dxdiag in the search. Choose dxdiag. When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool appears, go to the Display tab. Tell us what you see on the left side under Name:
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/26/10 02:43 PM

I got this game to complete the installation with the DirectX on my Vista, but when I tried to start the game I got the error about the adapter there (instead of earlier as in what happened with my XP.) Is this where I would load another version of DirectX (rather than what is on the game disk) from the Microsoft site?
Thank you.
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/26/10 03:53 PM

DirectX can't be uninstalled (easily anyway) - Vista uses a minimum of DirectX 10, but installing DirectX 9 will cause no issues for games that require it.

Threads similar to this have suggested that installing the latest Video Drivers may resolve the problem.

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/26/10 06:15 PM

it wont work at all if you have dell.my friend got vista laptop it runs fine i got vista but dell drive so wnt work.so mad as loved black mirror 1
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/26/10 07:21 PM

Matty, it's probably not the brand, but rather what the laptop is using for graphics. I've noticed that a lot of the lower end laptops come with the integrated Intel 4500 GMA (graphics media accelerator) which may not be enough to play newer games.

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/26/10 11:04 PM

I went to BestBuy and talked to one of the people there and bought a new Video Card (an AGP ATI HD 3650- seems they've changed the numbering system for ATI VC's).

I also checked and found my Win98 computer has the 400 Watt Power Supply and the XP has the 300 Watt Power Supply so I swapped the power supplies between the two. Playing on the XP computer with the 400 Watt Power Supply now.

Game now plays fine and my only confusion is in understanding some of the instructions for playing the game. I'll post about that in another forum if I don't figure out what I'm misunderstanding. Need to read the "Revies" of the game again and maybe that will clear it up for me.

There is one thing that is a real problem and I don't think I'll find an answer to it anywhere in the books. While the main characters and sometimes others voices are plenty loud enough there are times when other peoples voices are barely audible. If it were not for the captioning I'd miss out on some things said. Cannot figure out a fix for this and wondering if it's happened to anyone else???
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/27/10 12:13 AM

Most people are complaining about the sound in the game BB. Your not alone. Have fun with it anyway. Maybe turn down the music and it may help a bit. Congrats on your new video card.

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/27/10 12:40 AM

Congratulations on your new video card, Billybob. The problem with the volume of the voices seems to be pretty common -- just something the developers didn't quite get around to fixing. It sounds like you've got the game working as well as anyone. Good thing it has subtitles.
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/27/10 01:24 AM

I have HP on both PCs, and the Vista gets me all excited installing and whatever like HP NORMALLY does, but then lets me down in the end with this game. I HATE this game already. I'm done with it. It's back to my XP replaying Culpa Innata, a game that did not let me down.
Thanks all for your help.

Re: black mirror 2 - 05/27/10 02:09 PM

It's hard to adjust for the sound problem because when the voices that are really audible are then way too loud. Regardless, yesterday it all seemed to be OK so keeping the fingers crossed. laugh

I am numbering my saves as i make them and it was a little strange to see that the game lists each new save as #1. Also, although there is a gamesave folder in the games main folder in Program Files, I find my saves are actually going into My Documents.....but at least they appear in the Load menu when needed.

The booklet says to take pictures to "unlock bonus materials" but how does one determine what pictures to take to do this without wasting a lot of time being distracted by taking unnecessary pictures?

Anyone just starting the game should be aware that some inventory items do not need to be accessed in order to be used. For example, just telling someone they have a package will give it to them automatically.

These indicators that are supposed to flash in the corner of the screen are hard to spot when they happen. Sure wish they'd made them more prominent. And the big notes that slide onto the screen often do not stay long enough for me to lean forward and read the small print before they disappear. It's a nice looking game but it's the small things that make it difficult to stay focused on what you're doing. Yes, I know it will get better as I get better at how the game playys. Thank goodness for the space bar hot spots indicator and the diary!!

It's going to be an ineresting game, eventually, I do believe. laugh

Re: black mirror 2 - 06/06/10 09:20 AM

im not using laptop im using vista computer. it works fine on my friends vista laptop which is so annoying .on one forum it says wont run on dell .trust me to have dell

Re: black mirror 2 - 06/06/10 03:48 PM

Matty,
You still have not told us what video card your computer is using. If it has Intel graphics, or an older video chip that doesn't support Shader 2.0, the game won't work. No computer, no matter how new or how fast, can play the game unless the video card fills the game's requirements.

I posted how to find what video card you're using earlier in this thread
Quote:
Click the Start orb in the lower left of your screen and type dxdiag in the search. Choose dxdiag. When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool appears, go to the Display tab. Tell us what you see on the left side under Name:

I'm currently playing the game on a 6 year old Dell computer with an ATI Radeon X800SE video card without any problems. It has XP and not Vista, but I still don't think the problem is anything to do with Dell. Where is the forum that says it did? If 16 Dell computers with Intel graphics can't run the game, the problem is with the Intel graphics, not with Dell computers.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community