GB HOMEPAGE

Adobe Flash plug in

Posted By: ScarletDragon

Adobe Flash plug in - 06/24/10 07:02 PM

Help me tech friends. I was getting Adobe Flash plug-in crash message. I successfully d/l v10.1, but I'm still getting the crash message.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Adobe Flash plug in - 06/24/10 07:52 PM

Have you tried completely uninstalling Flash, then rebooting and reinstalling it?

Re: Adobe Flash plug in - 06/24/10 08:07 PM

I recently d/l Adobe AIR. I uninstalled it thinking it was causing my computer to act up because it's been really slow loading. I didn't uninstall the regular Adobe though. I'll give that a try when I get home from work tonight and let you know.

Posted By: Donald

Re: Adobe Flash plug in - 06/24/10 11:45 PM

You might need to use the Adobe FlashPlayer Uninstaller from Adobe. Here is the link.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

After you run the flashplayer uninstaller go to Adobe and reinstall flashplayer.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=BUIGP

Re: Adobe Flash plug in - 06/25/10 06:27 AM

OK, I uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, restarted several times. No luck. I went to Adobe's Flash Player Forum and found several pages of complaints about the same problem. Apparently they don't have a solution for the problem.

Zynga on Facebook is insisting players d/l the newest version in order to play their games, then when you get the newest version, it does nothing but crash. I tried to restore to yesterday and the day before yesterday, but my restore failed. Now I'm getting worried that my computer is really damaged.
Posted By: Bristol

Re: Adobe Flash plug in - 06/25/10 06:56 PM

I got a message to upgrade Adobe flashplayer on BigSea. When I dl'd and installed I found an icon from McAfee on my desktop! Uninstalled McAfee then found the upgrade message from Adobe came up again although it seems OK today. What on earth is going on?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Adobe Flash plug in - 06/25/10 08:00 PM

During the Adobe install, make sure Adobe isn't including anything "extra." Don't just click through the install without checking what the checkboxes say. They may be giving you a "free trial" of something you don't want.

Re: Adobe Flash plug in - 06/28/10 01:20 PM

Yeah, Jenny. I caught that "free McAfee scan" and unchecked the box.

Tried Donald's suggestion and links. Uninstalled and reinstalled successfully, but still crashing frequently. I tried increasing the acceleration from 60 to 72, but that made the problem worse. Then I went to Zynga's forum and followed their instructions to increase the plugin timeout from 10 to 30 seconds. I guess the problem is just on Facebook games, because otherwise everything works good. The crashes are not as frequent. Bummer, guess I'll have to live with it until the public outcry forces Zynga to solve the problem on their end.

Thanks everybody!
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Adobe Flash plug in - 06/28/10 02:21 PM

I've been reading more and more about the Facebook games being buggy and that they are getting worse instead of better. Just another reason I avoid them like the plague. In fact, a good friend who has been a Facebook game addict is going to stop playing them until they get some fixes for them.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community