GB HOMEPAGE

Antivirus help

Posted By: Springchicken

Antivirus help - 06/30/10 02:52 PM

Hello,

I got a major problem now. I have the gaming Sayger laptop with Vista 64 bit. I used Avast free version and it didn't cause any problems with the games or anything else. After 1 year was over I decided to get a new version of Avast with more security. I bought the Avast Internet Security 5.0 and the biggest headache with it! Every time I start my laptop I can not get the Windows. The error message says about unauthorized program made change to Windows. After 2-3 attempts I usually get it finally. With some new updates Avast made it became even worse. Their tech. support couldn't help. I uninstalled Avast. I'd like to get some other antivirus with enough security features and not interfering with the system and the games. Could you recommend some? Thanks.
Posted By: monbron

Re: Antivirus help - 06/30/10 03:31 PM

Hi there I use Panda Internet Security, you have to pay for it but I have used it for 2 1/2 years and it has never interfered with any games at all. It covers Anti virus, Firewall, ID protection , anti spam, and something called vulnerabilities??. I first got it when I kept getting spyware with my other antivirus guard, and sinced I moved I have not had a single problem. Good luck with your decision. luck

Re: Antivirus help - 06/30/10 04:21 PM

Hi monbron! Thanks for your reply. I'll give Panda a try. I saw this name among Vista compatible antivirus software. wave
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Antivirus help - 06/30/10 05:49 PM

You might think about free Microsoft Security Essentials. It's not the best one out there, but Jenny100 mentioned it and I've been using it for about 5 or 6 months now and really like it. Mostly because it's so unobtrusive, but still seems to do the job.

Microsoft Security Essentials

Re: Antivirus help - 06/30/10 05:55 PM

Thank you, Draclvr. I will definitely check it.
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Antivirus help - 06/30/10 08:57 PM

I'd like to second that motion about Microsoft Security Essentials. It is very unobtrusive and just purrs in the background. I use XP home so I don't know how well it will work with Vista.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Antivirus help - 06/30/10 10:27 PM

And I'm using it with both XP Home and Window 7...
© 2024 GameBoomers Community