GB HOMEPAGE

Runaway 3 a twist of fate

Posted By: old lady

Runaway 3 a twist of fate - 09/23/10 04:53 PM

I hope you guys can help. I'm at chapter 2 and each time I try to enter the Rec room the game crashes and I get an error message. I've put in the patch from their website but that has not helped. Is there another patch?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Runaway 3 a twist of fate - 09/23/10 05:34 PM

The description of the patch at ***Softpedia*** says:
Quote:
· Fix sound issues during the cinematics and/or the dialogs.
· Fix a compatibility issue with ATI RADEON 9500/9800, X300/X1250 and XPRESS 200/1250 graphics controllers with 256 MB of video memory.
· Fix issues in the chapter 2

If that's the same patch as you're using, and you're still getting a problem in Chapter 2, then this may be one of those patches where you have to start a New game in order for the patch to take effect.

Re: Runaway 3 a twist of fate - 09/24/10 09:26 AM

Thanks Jenny, I'll try that.

Re: Runaway 3 a twist of fate - 10/04/10 04:54 PM

Just played chapter 1 in a new game. Got to chapter 2 and the same crash has happened. Any ideas or is my computor maybe getting as old as I am

Re: Runaway 3 a twist of fate - 10/04/10 05:42 PM

It could be your video card. The person in ***this thread*** had the crash at the rec room and was told their video card wasn't good enough. Some people at ***Adventuregamers*** seem to be having the same problem.

In ***this thread***, someone from Focus admits there is a problem with certain ATI video cards, even though they meet the stated requirements.
Quote:
there is a compatibility problem with ATI RADEON 9x00 series, X300/X600/X800/X1100/X1200 series and XPRESS 200 graphics controller too.

There is no problem with other ATI graphics cards series (X1300 and higher, RADEON HD...).

If you have one of the affected ATI Radeon video cards, I think you'll just have to wait for a fix unless you can get a working save. According to Emily (fov) at Adventuregamers, you may have to get the save from Focus because saves may be tied to your user account.

Re: Runaway 3 a twist of fate - 10/05/10 11:24 AM

Thanks Jenny. I think I will put this game to 1 side and wait to see if Focus up with something. It is annoying when the other 2 in this serise played OK.

Re: Runaway 3 a twist of fate - 10/05/10 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: old lady
It is annoying when the other 2 in this series played OK.

Both the previous games crashed on me -- only they crashed in slightly different locations each time. So after repeated attempts, I was eventually able to get past the crash-prone areas. I don't know if that would work here.

I haven't played the third game in the series, but "improvements" in the graphics may have something to do with your problems.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community