GB HOMEPAGE

Dead Mountaineer's Hotel

Posted By: plumgas

Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/29/11 05:17 AM

I just downloaded from steam & the guy is just standing there folding his arms no mouse & no menu
edit,
looked at the maual from steam & started using some of the hot keys & found spacebar starts the game. still no curser but moving the mouse slightly on speech respones I was able to advance in the game for 1 minute at least.

Re: Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/29/11 09:16 AM

I tried it under xp & now it seems to run okay so looks like win 7 may be the problem.

although steam did list it as suiteable for win 7
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/29/11 12:06 PM

It might not be related to Win 7 as I am having the exact same problem but I have been playing on a Win XP computer. Tried different resolutions with no results. Deleted and re downloaded/Installed and still the missing cursor. Strange because the cursor is there at the beginning main menu but disappears once the gameplay starts.

Plumgas, where did you find a manual on Steam, I can't find one?
Posted By: kjos

Re: Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/29/11 12:22 PM

I looked for the manual to but couldn't find one.
Richard

Re: Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/29/11 09:49 PM

its in the steam folder

Program Files \Steam\steamapps\common\dead mountaineer's hotel

pdf file

once I installed under xp it actually started with a view of the mountains under win 7 it started with the guy standing there in the snow, pressing the space bar a car arrived but the funny thing is thats the car the guy standing in the snow was arriving in. weird.
Posted By: kjos

Re: Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/29/11 10:08 PM

Thanks plumgas, the main thing I want to know is the map and just press M. I didn't know that. No trouble finding the manual once I know where to look.
Richard

Re: Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/29/11 10:25 PM

Thanks Plumgas for the directions to the Manual. Although I was hoping for a troubleshooting section to help with the missing cursor there is none. At least I know where to look for a Manual as that helps with A Stroke of Fate.

Anyone have any suggestions of things to try to help the cursor reappear?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/30/11 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: GreyFuss
Anyone have any suggestions of things to try to help the cursor reappear?

Driver roulette?

Re: Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/30/11 12:28 AM

Thanks Jenny, I will try that. I did just update my NVidia Driver with the latest release a few days ago. I will try to figure out/remember how to roll it back.

Its funny because the cursor appears in the opening menu screen.

EDIT:

Rats. didn't help
Posted By: lexxy

Re: Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/30/11 01:31 AM

I am in the same boat and I waited so long for this game. If any one using WXP comes up with a solution I will be very happy.

Re: Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/30/11 02:54 AM

wow this is really weird, once I changed to xp the game runs fine & yet you others guys are having a xp problem. I wonder whether it a dual core thing. I will test it and see

Re: Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/30/11 08:14 PM

Is there a way to play a Steam game on a different computer than a one connected to the Internet? Id like to try it on my XP Pent III

I have no problem playing A Stroke of Fate just Dead Mountaineers

Re: Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/30/11 08:29 PM

Greyfuss,
It seems that you and I are the only ones having a problem with WXP. I too have did the driver thing and uninstalled and I still can not get that guy to move. I have waited a long time for this game and would love to play it but I won't reconfigure my computer just to be able to play one game. Who knows maybe there is a glitch in MY system that prevents it from playing. If you get it figured out please post and I will give it one last try before I delete it for good.
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/30/11 08:40 PM

A long shot, but...

I had an issue with Steam awhile ago - turned out to be my firewall. Neither the game nor the firewall complained, but sure enough it was being blocked.

Re: Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/30/11 10:59 PM

So Inland what did you do to rectify the situation?

Re: Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/31/11 01:07 AM

I tested the game booted into 1 core & makes no difference so thats not the problem.
I am wondering whether the people having problems in xp & win7 if they are running 64 bit.

once I changed from win 7 64 to xp32 no problem.
Posted By: Ewil02

Re: Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/31/11 02:07 AM

Hi there-

I had the same problem with the disappearing cursor (using Vista 64). Someone had mentioned that the game was out in France a while back, so I did some searching and the French gamers had a similar problem, and it was solved by downloading and installing DivX codec 6. I just downloaded the recent DivX files and the game works fine. There's even more video in the beginning than the guy just standing outside the hotel- I thought that seemed an odd way to start the game.
http://download.divx.com/divx/DivXInstaller.exe

Re: Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/31/11 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Ewil02

Hi there-

I had the same problem with the disappearing cursor (using Vista 64). Someone had mentioned that the game was out in France a while back, so I did some searching and the French gamers had a similar problem, and it was solved by downloading and installing DivX codec 6. I just downloaded the recent DivX files and the game works fine. There's even more video in the beginning than the guy just standing outside the hotel- I thought that seemed an odd way to start the game.
http://download.divx.com/divx/DivXInstaller.exe

FANTASTIC Ewil02, Thats it!!!!

That fix is exactly what I and everyone else having this trouble needed. After installing the DivX codec pack the game started and ran perfectly. Thank you for posting this.

Three Cheers for Ewil02

Re: Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/31/11 03:01 AM

once I had the game running under xp I did find that it had so much more video at the start of the game. I will check to see if my win7 has still got the divx codes still installed.

its a weird game all over,thank god its on youtube so you can get some hints
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/31/11 05:53 AM

Originally Posted By: GreyFuss
So Inland what did you do to rectify the situation?

I Changed my firewall settings from block to allow.

Re: Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/31/11 09:42 AM

checked win 7 & had uninstalled Divx since I was using another program, reinstalled & yes my mouse curser is back & the full video sequence at the start was back.

So this solves win 7 & vista, but I have it working under xp but without any divx installation. It would be interesting to hear if anyone using xp is still having a problem & if installtion of divx made any difference.

I noticed in the steam folders under video there are a few video files in avi.One being the mountains at the start of game & a few alternate endings.

Re: Dead Mountaineer's Hotel - 10/31/11 10:38 PM

Does anyone have a telephone number to Steam? I paid for the game, got frudstrated and uninstalled it and now the emails I get from them don't recognize the fact that the game should already be in my library. I am sick of these emails that do not address my problem. I need to talk to a real person.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community