Problem with internet explorer

Posted By: Haroula

Problem with internet explorer - 11/18/11 02:38 PM

Hi smile
Can anyone help me with this problem.
When I try to listen radio(stations)
with internet explorer I cant,no sound, everything else
is ok(you tube etc).
When I Try Mozilla there is no problem at all.
I have Vista.
Thanks in advance. wave
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Problem with internet explorer - 11/18/11 03:38 PM

Does it ever open in Media Player (or Media Center)? If not, it's probably a file type association issue.

If it does open and there's no sound, check the players sound level. It's located at the bottom of the player, make sure it's not muted and that the sound level it all the way to the right.

You can also try to reset the default file type associations. Here's a how to -

Vista - Default Programs - Program Default Associations

Re: Problem with internet explorer - 11/18/11 04:44 PM

Thanks, I 'll try the page you recommend. smile
Posted By: Donald

Re: Problem with internet explorer - 11/20/11 10:45 PM

Also check to make sure that your windows sound mixer levels are set correctly. In windows Vista and Windows 7 when you bring up the mixer when using internet explorer you will see a volume slider for IE if the webpage is playing sound. If using vista or 7 right click on the speaker Icon near the clock on the right side on the taskbar and choose open volumne mixer while the webpage that wont play sound is running. Also if you never turn off your computer completely you might want to shut it down completly and then turn it back on. Just doing a restart wont cure some problems. You might also see some other levels in the sound mixer that will only display when you are tring to play those radio stations.
Posted By: acj

Re: Problem with internet explorer - 11/21/11 12:35 AM

i have installed the pc game "MARY KAY ANDREWS", The Fixer Upper, it plays but goes very slow like it is dragging i unistalled it and reinstalled, i also tyried changing my screen resoulution but nothing seems to work any help would greatly appriciated.
Posted By: Donald

Re: Problem with internet explorer - 11/21/11 02:39 AM

Its possible that the computer you are installing the game on is not powerfull enough to run the game or the graphics card is not powerfull enough. This is very common on laptops as most laptop computers have lowend graphics chips in them.

Re: Problem with internet explorer - 11/21/11 07:26 PM

thanksDonald wave
Posted By: acj

Re: Problem with internet explorer - 11/27/11 03:23 AM

thxs donald i guess i'll just play it in slow motion hate to waste it......
© 2024 GameBoomers Community