GB HOMEPAGE

Big fish and Mac Computers

Posted By: Linds

Big fish and Mac Computers - 12/02/11 03:17 PM

I recently got a Mac computer. I would like to buy some games from Big Fish but I read somewhere that the Game Manager did not work well on Macs. Anyone?

Thanks,
Susan
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Big fish and Mac Computers - 12/02/11 09:12 PM

I know several people with Macs who are using the BF Game Manager with no issues. There were definitely some hiccups with PCs when they first rolled out the latest one.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Big fish and Mac Computers - 12/03/11 12:58 AM

I don't think the problem was so much how well the Mac version of the Game Manager worked as that Mac users didn't use to need a Game Manager. Instead they were given a key code and could unlock their own games. It was fast and simple and more secure than using a Game Manager -- and having the aggravation of the Game Manager popping up with ads as soon as you finish playing. Mac users didn't like having the same restrictions as PC users had -- especially when the old way with the key codes was faster and didn't depend on the Game Manager.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Big fish and Mac Computers - 12/03/11 03:45 AM

Jenny has hit the nail right on the head with the Mac users I know who were veteran users of BFG before they were forced into the Game Manager. My son had no issues with it at all because he had never used BFG before.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community