GB HOMEPAGE

PC Game "15 Days"

Posted By: PilotJack

PC Game "15 Days" - 02/21/12 07:46 PM

This game without a doubt is of the type that I personally enjoy. It has a great deal of great graphics as well as a wonderful story line. The story takes place in London and in the course of the game it takes you to Paris and an Island off of Africa.(this is all the farther I could go)
You play the part of two different characters and are associated with your roommates that together you steel paintings from museums. The puzzles are very challenging but can be skipped if so desired. My main complaint of this game is that it frequently kicked me out of the game and booted me back to windows desktop. Therefore saving often is a necessary action. I am using Windows 7 and have a good video card with the latest drivers. As far as the games technical site, forget it since it is in German and it offered only European email addresses for any kind of attempt of solving my particular glitch. After realizing I would never be able to finish this game, I tried loading it on my other computer which use windows Vista. I transferred the save file from the original computer and tried to continue the game from that progress point. It was all to no avail, causing the same kick out to desktop as the other computer. Checking the internet it became clear that this game has a very serious problem. Many game sites report the same error message “Cougar Engine V4.1 Runtime has stopped working”. Bottom line do not buy this game. You most likely will never be able to finish it.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: PC Game "15 Days" - 02/21/12 07:56 PM

Sorry you had issues with the game. Would you like me to move you to Glitches ansd see if they can help you?

Ana wave

Re: PC Game "15 Days" - 02/21/12 08:04 PM

yes however I am unsure as to what you mean to glitches but any help would be appreciated
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: PC Game "15 Days" - 02/21/12 08:11 PM

Hopefully the tech guru's will be able to help you here.

Ana luck

Re: PC Game "15 Days" - 02/21/12 08:25 PM

is there a URL for the site
Posted By: MaG

Re: PC Game "15 Days" - 02/21/12 08:52 PM

PilotJack,

You are now (this thread) at the Glitches forum.
Let's wait for the tech experts to help us here.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: PC Game "15 Days" - 02/21/12 10:10 PM

PilotJack, I remember an earlier post of yours in Glitches relating to the same game. You got several responses to it. Here it is:

15 days thread

Scroll a little way down it to your post.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: PC Game "15 Days" - 02/21/12 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: PilotJack
After realizing I would never be able to finish this game, I tried loading it on my other computer which use windows Vista. I transferred the save file from the original computer and tried to continue the game from that progress point. It was all to no avail, causing the same kick out to desktop as the other computer.

Just an idea -- if your save is corrupted, you'll get a crash no matter what computer you play it on. I don't know if that is the problem here though.

One possible workaround is that if there is a crash right at the point where a cut scene is loading, use the Escape key on your keyboard to skip the cut scene before it starts. That tip is from ***this thread***.

If you really can't get it to play at all, but want to see how the game ends, there's a Playthrough on YouTube that starts here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va4ADvQy2Uk
Posted By: dragonh2o

Re: PC Game "15 Days" - 05/31/14 05:04 AM

Me too! mad I played it all the way to the cells on the island, and now all I get is "Cougar Engine V4.1 Runtime has stopped working". Tried all my tricks....no luck. I will try the attempts mentioned below, but sure wish there was a patch. Did you ever get it to work? I have Windows 7 and a great graphic card, etc--never have problems with my games. Getting to the end and not finishing is SO disappointing--enjoyed the game until then.

UPDATE: The Escape Key trick worked. Thanks, Jenny100 and this forum. Saved the day!
Posted By: mj2c

Re: PC Game "15 Days" - 05/31/14 11:17 AM

This game is notorious for its bugs (particularly the cougar engine failures). Shamefully for the makers no effort was ever made to fix it. I never managed to get anywhere near to finishing it because of this.
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: PC Game "15 Days" - 05/31/14 12:10 PM

I managed it to the very last part, maybe 5 or 10 minutes worth. Couldn't be bothered to find out what happened. So pleased could then bin it. wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: PC Game "15 Days" - 05/31/14 03:14 PM

welcome to GameBoomers, dragon H2o - glad the escape key saved the day!
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: PC Game "15 Days" - 05/31/14 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: mj2c
This game is notorious for its bugs (particularly the cougar engine failures). Shamefully for the makers no effort was ever made to fix it. I never managed to get anywhere near to finishing it because of this.

Yes it was awful. The game was essentially a beta. The developer (House of Tales) went out of business shortly after the game came out, so there were never any updates. Too bad because House of Tales had previously created some interesting games -- Moment of Silence and Overclocked. I even enjoyed their first effort, Mystery of the Druids, at the time it came out (though not everyone did).
Posted By: Mad

Re: PC Game "15 Days" - 05/31/14 04:02 PM

I liked Mystery of the Druids - and still replay it - but I didn't like 15 Days at all whistle
Posted By: sanford

Re: PC Game "15 Days" - 06/02/14 11:47 PM

Hi fellow Boomers,
I'm playing "15 Days" on my WIN XP machine right now, and so far, no problems. I'll get back to this forum thread if THAT changes, and I sure will keep The "Escape Key" hint in mind in case I need it.
Sandy

OK, I finished playing this game and experienced NO glitches or "bugs" at ALL. Happy Gaming
© 2024 GameBoomers Community