GB HOMEPAGE

The Longest Journey & Windows 7

Posted By: PMcOuntry

The Longest Journey & Windows 7 - 03/19/13 03:14 AM

Anyone know of a good solution to get The Longest Journey to play nice w/Windows 7? I'd be very grateful!
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: The Longest Journey & Windows 7 - 03/19/13 03:23 AM

We have the original 4-cd version of The Longest Journey listed as playing fine with Windows 7. Can you tell you what happens? Does it install OK? Does it launch? Any other problems?
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: The Longest Journey & Windows 7 - 03/20/13 06:11 PM

I have the DVD version of The Longest Journey and it plays with my Win 7 Home Premium. I had to use the patch for it though. You can find the patch HERE. Scroll down to the search bar at the left and type in the name.

Cathy
Posted By: ergggo

Re: The Longest Journey & Windows 7 - 03/30/13 07:52 PM

I've been looking for a way to run my 2 CD version of TLJ on Win 7 for a while, but none of the solutions that I've come across have worked. Today I found a trick I haven't seen before, and it worked to get the cut scenes running without a problem. It involves setting up a secondary display as a VGA display (but doesn't require another physical monitor). Maybe this trick would work with other older games as well? Anyway, I found it on a Steam forum post here.
Hope it works for you, Patricia. If you're not used to messing with your display settings, you might want a moderator to weigh in on it first...but it worked great for me.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: The Longest Journey & Windows 7 - 03/30/13 11:39 PM

Thanks for the interesting solution, Ergggo.
It seems to be for Intel graphics, but may work for other video cards.
I wonder how the person who first came up with that solution discovered it.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community