GB HOMEPAGE

Clipboard??

Posted By: maggie57

Clipboard?? - 05/07/14 02:11 AM

I need to know where or if I have clipboard on my windows 7, I just bought the new winzip and I need it. Thanks so much.

Maggie smile think wave
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Clipboard?? - 05/07/14 02:16 AM

It is there, you just can't view it - pressing Ctrl+C will copy to your clipboard, Ctrl+V will paste from it.

Re: Clipboard?? - 05/07/14 02:56 AM

I have tried it a number of times and I do not know if it worked or not, sometimes I hate windows 7, but most of the time love it. I am not good at copy and paste at all. Wish I had a magic wand, thanks Inland.

Maggie smile smile smile
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Clipboard?? - 05/07/14 06:00 AM

maggie, what exactly are you trying to do? And why did you purchase Winzip? Windows 7 already has all that built in unless you use some odd file compression formats.
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Clipboard?? - 05/07/14 06:05 AM

Are you trying to copy and paste a file?

Re: Clipboard?? - 05/07/14 06:51 AM

No,. I am trying to paste my name and id for winzip and the copy and paste will not work, I have tried it over and over, no luck and I have to do it.

Maggie think think smile

Re: Clipboard?? - 05/07/14 07:29 AM

Still not sure why you would purchase Winzip, but many things will not let you copy and paste this information and you may have to manually type it in. I've run into it before and it has nothing to do with Windows 7, but rather with the software.

Re: Clipboard?? - 05/07/14 08:39 AM

I am trying to put in my code not and my name, not the id. I bought it rather then use the other part of it as I thought it might be better, but have not been able to use it for two weeks. Drac, what are you using, I play lots of RPG's and at times need trainers and the only way I can I can get them to download is by using something good, the other way with winzip would not work. Stuck so to speak. smile smile

Maggie think think wave
Posted By: Geo

Re: Clipboard?? - 05/07/14 01:20 PM

You can try 7-zip. Its free.

Re: Clipboard?? - 05/07/14 03:47 PM

Now I'm even more confused... you don't need a file compression program to download something. What am I missing here? Or do you mean the trainers are downloaded as compressed files and you need to "unzip" them? Right clicking a file and telling Windows 7 to "extract all" will uncompress most files. If it is something like an rar file, as Geo says, 7-zip will uncompress almost anything and it's free.

If you are trying to copy and paste and it's not working - which is actually not uncommon for registering software - then why don't you just type the information in manually?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Clipboard?? - 05/07/14 04:22 PM

Highlight the text you want to copy, hold down the Control key and press "C" to copy.
Then put your cursor in the box where you want to paste, hold down the Control key and press "V" to paste.

The short way of saying this is Ctrl-C to copy and Ctrl-V to paste.
However you need to highlight what you want copied before using Control-C or you won't copy anything, or will have something in the clipboard that's left over from something else you did maybe days ago instead of the thing you want to paste.

It works if you don't have a toolbar with a menu with Edit/Copy and Edit/Paste selections to click on (which might be the case with Winzip).

Winzip should work for rar files and many other types of compressed files -- and if you've already bought it, you might as well use it -- especially if you prefer the interface. It's unlikely to have "extras" in the installer (like toolbars or various other adware) that might come with free software.

Re: Clipboard?? - 05/07/14 10:11 PM

Jenny I do not know how I would copy and paste since I have to put it in, so I guess I do not understand and of course I have never understood copy and paste. I understand very well for the first time what you are saying, but my name and the code are not there for me to copy and paste and that is my problem.

Maggie smile think wave

Re: Clipboard?? - 05/07/14 10:20 PM

Weren't you sent a name and code in the confirmation email when you bought Winzip?

You copy from the email and paste in the Winzip registration window
http://kb.winzip.com/kb/entry/9/

Re: Clipboard?? - 05/08/14 02:57 AM

Oops, right you are Jenny, I have been going through the paperwork and looking at all of it and yes it is there, as I said before I am not good at this like a newbie really and I should not be. Thanks everyone for all your help, if I still stumble, which I may, I will be back, but I will let you know how it goes. All I have to do now is wait for a new code as once you have used it, it cannot be used again they said.

Thanks again

Maggie smile wave urock

Re: Clipboard?? - 05/08/14 03:06 PM

Glad you figured out the problem.
Hope they get back to you soon.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community